Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

Well, I seriously like this chat. I tried to key a dungeon, but I had to leave almost right before the boss. Sorry about that to all who I was with. However, Rykudo acted as a wingman for me and took over when I left. Thanks man. ^^ The dungeon itself took 41 mins total, I think I was there for about 35. That's not bad, right?

grammar2gr8dx.png

darker_falz.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I seriously like this chat. I tried to key a dungeon, but I had to leave almost right before the boss. Sorry about that to all who I was with. However, Rykudo acted as a wingman for me and took over when I left. Thanks man. ^^ The dungeon itself took 41 mins total, I think I was there for about 35. That's not bad, right?

For your first time, that's not bad at all. :thumbup: Keying is hard for most people at first. You just gotta practice practice practice.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Thanks for putting up with me and my untrained keying. I'll get better, I promise!

Keyed two more today, the first everyone left, probably because I didn't communicate very well, and the second was 48 mins. Tomorrow I'll try again, never fear!

grammar2gr8dx.png

darker_falz.png

Any quick tips for Yk'Lagor? I haven't fought him much and lots of people insist on soloing. On one of my recent DGs however he actually killed me because I was a bit slow (door lag...) and a step further from the pillars than normal... Two others died the same way, and the guy who wasted all his prayer soloing him voluntarily earlier raged, saying that Yk'Lagor heals when he kills people. The only successful time I fought him was when the entire team went in (on DGS no less!). It seems if you're quick enough to reinitiate combat he won't mage and that personal GSs aren't essential?

2dgucz6.png

Any quick tips for Yk'Lagor? I haven't fought him much and lots of people insist on soloing. On one of my recent DGs however he actually killed me because I was a bit slow (door lag...) and a step further from the pillars than normal... Two others died the same way, and the guy who wasted all his prayer soloing him voluntarily earlier raged, saying that Yk'Lagor heals when he kills people. The only successful time I fought him was when the entire team went in (on DGS no less!). It seems if you're quick enough to reinitiate combat he won't mage and that personal GSs aren't essential?

Never, ever, ever do Thundrous while people are still opening rooms. You WILL [bleep] it up.

Other than that, as soon as you see the text appear, run behind a pillar. Then as soon as your character gets behind the pillar, click to attack him again. The attack animation will occur as you are running back to attack him, but you won't get hit by the attack as long as you ran behind the pillar after you saw him say something. And he won't mage if everybody does this.

And yes, he is easy if four or five people all do it. But if someone solos/duos him, they will need super rejuvs. And he heals some when he kills people, but AFAIK it is not as much as when he hits you with COME CLOSER!

td2sig.jpg

Soloing Yk is a waste of time/resources as a 5 man team can do it in less than 90 pray. I think people insist on soloing because they don't have faith in random people knowing how to do it properly.

As for personal gs vs running...running's way better IF you can do it quick enough so he doesn't mage. I find you get one more attack in between Yk's specials when running compared to using the gs method.

Probably the best way to practice/learn the running method so you don't screw up is to go to a Yk floor solo and with no weapon equipped just practice running/attacking for a little while.

Though with all that said, be prepared to have every idiot on 148 tell you to stop running and use the gs method.

Neltak.png

Thanks guys, I guess I already had the right idea then. I actually wasn't expecting the guy to open doors but come in and HELP. And I must say, [otherwise] W148 really doesn't deserve all the crap it gets - the last few days have been pretty great, AT LEAST as far as cooperation goes. And I've been spreading the "Bloodragers tip" as much as possible...! And that's all I have for now. ;)

Hoping I can get on a DGS team for my first Warped floor, probably tomorrow night.

2dgucz6.png

110322233403.png

Funny story: There was a 90 agility puzzle with an eddimu inside. Guess who the only one with 90 agil was :P

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

110322233403.png

Funny story: There was a 90 agility puzzle with an eddimu inside. Guess who the only one with 90 agil was :P

Yea I mean...it's not like EVERYONE ELSE ALREADY HAD ONE!!!!!

But grats anyways.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Where's the fishing section?

Fishing is all the rage now.

You can't be a "pro" dungeoneering clan if you aren't into "No armour, fishing, dieing, and timers which are froze at 20 minutes".

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

You can't be a "pro" dungeoneering clan if you aren't into "No armour, fishing, dieing, and timers which are froze at 20 minutes".

Xpx has done a great guide on C2 fishing in the guides section.

Lol .

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Lol .

Dat satisfaction :twisted:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Holy [cabbage], nice Tui. :blink: 19 minute floor AND you took zerker from Gwyn and Nick. :lol:

And congratulations on the blood neck, Greg. :thumbup: Seriously it seems like every 100+ dungeoneer I know has a blood neck, and it's just in the past couple weeks. Weird.

EDIT: Added a 45 defense requirement. This shouldn't affect anyone, really. It's the defense level at which you can wield a SSH, so we believe it's more than reasonable.

dgs5.jpg

EDIT: Added a 45 defense requirement. This shouldn't affect anyone, really. It's the defense level at which you can wield a SSH, so we believe it's more than reasonable.

I approve~

But really it should be 45 def, 43 pray, 64 magic, 54 rc or 35 w/ laws bound, and 70+ atk / str highly recommended OR 90+ range/mage type thing.

Without these stats it is very hard to do a fast dng.

Also can we add somewhere that it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED in giant colourful text to piety flash (or turm) during all gds. That's pretty much why I often steal the zerker title, and I key so there's really no reason why I should be getting it.

I understand occasionally you might actually have 0 pray, but good piety flashing loses very little pray, the altars we see should be enough. I'll start asking people to gate altars more.

And I understand that flashing prays during the dng is annoying, but I think it'd save a good amount of time on average per dng and while non-keying you really don't have to do nearly as much work, might as well repay the keyer by doing your best.

AND I hear a lot of people complain about flashing turm, I don't have 95 pray so idk what exactly is wrong with it, but if it's that hard to use, does soul split > ease of use and slight bonuses of piety while pray flashing?

I think with a hex normal prays would be nicer for rigour (although it's annoying to flash, even on sniper).

Though I can't compare, so I am asking.

siggya.png

Soul split flashing saves a ridiculous amount of food over the course of the dungeon, and flashing turm isn't that hard.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Tui, I was thinking about writing a short list of things I expect people to do during floors, and I'll add piety/turm flashing to that. I definitely agree that it's something everyone should do.

Flashing turm isn't difficult. The difference between it and piety, though, is that the second half of the turmoil boost doesn't kick in till the second hit, but regardless, I think people should do it.

Flashing rigour will be difficult, but I was contemplating keying on normal prayers for a few floors. It might be useful to run through particularly bad rooms with augury on.

dgs5.jpg