Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if the keying wasn't up to your standards, you could always learn to key yourself. I feel that everyone should at least be able to key decently, or else it's difficult to be a good DPS. You get a feel of what the keyer goes through and what kind of information and help they need from the team. Plus, if you can key, that means you don't rely on someone else starting the floor you need, you're in control of the situation.

I'd be interested in learning to key, I just don't really know how to get started without inconveniencing other DGSers (148 I guess?) and I feel I need a little more DPSer experience first and maybe a faster computer (15-25 seconds of doorlag).

Wow, 15 seconds of doorlag :blink:

Personally when it comes to learning to key, I started out on 148 at the Warped floors, where the people were generally more experienced and helped you as you keyed (turns out I was the bad egg...)

A good way to learn to key would be to play with other players who actually will do what you ask them to, which minimizes the chance of a mess occurring.

You should probably bug some of the rankeds to play with you and key for them, so they can give you tips and support you, not crappy 148ers who will make mage armour and fish.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'd just start DGS floors and tell people up front you're new at keying. It's WAY better to learn with helpful teammates- 148 has a whole metagame of getting people to do what you say on top of the normal challenges of keying.

Most people are just glad to have a keyer, they won't give you too much crap (though often I'll nudge a new keyer in the right direction: "found X, that was near base, wasn't it?" and the like). You'll learn quickly enough if you keep keying.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

For hope I was on a team that did a 1 tank, 4 mage method that seemed to work good. The tank protects melee and stands between hope and the mages (preventing hope from meleeing anybody else), everyone turns prayer off when he does his "groaaaaaaar", and its a quick fight.

And tank runs some squares away / ggses out when it groooars

I would learn to key better so I could offer that service to DGS, but I find my memory's too awful to do it fast. Maybe I'll try again. :unsure:

Lol I write everyone's name into swiftkit notepad at the begining to call gates, the ht keys and any near ht like org cres n n e ht, everyone's gate as I call them to gate it and sometimes which area of the dng it is. And if someone says they have a gd or puzzle they can't solo I write that too. Oh and altars if someone gates or n e n w ht if it's fairly near ht and nobody is making one.

I have no memory, I would take 40 mins for my dngs before I wrote stuff down cuz I always had to run doors randomly since I hated to ask what someone had gated and I would never tell people to gate stuff.

I try and write down stuff while rcing cosmics at begining, while doing gds, but sometimes I have to waste a few seconds typing while I should be running.

So although those who can memorize the doors easily can probably become faster keyers, don't let it stop you, most of my fls are <30 now ^^, fastest at 22 occult :D

Also sorry I had to leave mid floor today. First time in ages, but sometimes important things pop up.

& at the where to learn to key thing, I learned from suiciding in w148, if that isn't evident in my keying style lmao.

siggya.png

I will try keying, likely Wednesday night if I can get followers.

I wanted to ask however, is a Primal Longsword ever okay? I thought I heard that teams with 1-2 rapiers or longswords were a little better than all on 2Hs/BAxes...

2dgucz6.png

I will try keying, likely Wednesday night if I can get followers.

I wanted to ask however, is a Primal Longsword ever okay? I thought I heard that teams with 1-2 rapiers or longswords were a little better than all on 2Hs/BAxes...

No, the long is considered complete crap. Rapier is considered ok in some situations but unless you're in a perm team don't bind one as a sole weapon.

chaosoffar.png

I havn't been doing any team dungeoneering since the first month or so it came out and don't have too much experience with teams.

I've decided that I want to get a rapier to help with slayer, and want to join DGS. I'm willing to listen and do whatever is asked. I've got a prom plate and 2h bound. Would I be able to join or what else would I need to do?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Rapier will always be better than Longsword, simply put, because it can cover two styles with the berserker ring.

If you're using rapier as an alternate weapon you need to know what situations your rapier will be useful in. Xpx mentioned them earlier:

demons, hellhounds, brutes, zombies and low def

This works similarly to being a Hexhunter, when you enter a GD, you need to identify the target weak to your unique weapon and target them first while the rest of the group clears regularly.

@ Last. you might want to get your Dungeoneering level up to 69+ first, since few keyers in DGS run floors shallower than 30, so you'd only be getting 3 good larges.

Your binds are okay for now, get SSH when you can, and get your ring of kinship to Berserker tier as high as you can/are willing (T6 would be good)

6Ij0n.jpg

Also, kinda unrelated, but due to the timer on the winterface, I was thinking maybe we could host monthly competitions for fastest floors. I imagine two categories - ranked and unranked keyers (it wouldn't be fair to anyone if Grimy and Games won every month :P). I don't know what the prizes or incentives would be other than just having fun trying to improve your own times (I guess maybe a custom banner for a signature? Maybe?), but that's not really important. Would anyone be interested in that?

Brilliant.

And to people who want to learn to key, I'd recommend that when you want to get in a team, try to go with ranks, and pay attention to what they do, and feel free to ask them questions outside of the floor. And then when you can't get into a floor, offer to key for a random group of 5, and tell them that you want to try keying, but never had actually done any floors. I've only done 4 floors so far, but I've got some good experience so far. Had a 32 minute floor which was a fun floor. Also managed a 43 min. Bad floor plus some of the GDs took forever. And one or two teammates screwed up... Never told me about some unopened doors that they got to, and someone didn't run a key to their gate even though I told them to (and they responded that they would). *sigh* anyways! I'd try that out :P

codguy.png

Codguy.png

I really just want something different than BAxe/2H (can't get Primal yet, if ever) that won't get everyone all pissy... <_<

Below 100 only baxe and 2h are acceptable. Rapier alone just can't deal with having to mage all the skeletons(basically can't even kill skele mages) and if the boss isn't ragered you'll have loads of trouble. With 2h and rapier, i basically have nothing i'm not strong against.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Just a small tidbit, you can find soulgazers without 99 slayer. I've been in three dungeons where I was the highest (at 89 slayer) and we had a gazer in each of them.

6Ij0n.jpg

So...kind of a random question

But since I got my blood necklace, I've been thinking about how I could make it even useful for my team....if I even can.

Does me having a blood necklace benefit the team, or just me?

In what ways can I use the necklace to benefit more.

One thing I try to do already, is lure any meleeing monsters all on me, so the 40 damage hits multiple ones, but that's really all I've gotten out of it.

Would any other binds make me more useful? (obviously a hex...but with as rare as that is, not really worth mentioning unless I actually DO get it.)

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

The blood necklace gives you a significant DPS increase, so having it as a bind is helping the team. I wouldn't unbind it for anything other than a hex.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

So, if I've actually got a blood necklace already (and probably grabbing gauntlets if the new slot comes out), would Primal Battleaxe actually become more comparable to Prom 2h? Since I've now got two binds pushing up the strength (and one for accuracy) of my weapon, would baxe benefit more than 2h, similar to the CR > CLS discussion?

6Ij0n.jpg

So, if I've actually got a blood necklace already (and probably grabbing gauntlets if the new slot comes out), would Primal Battleaxe actually become more comparable to Prom 2h? Since I've now got two binds pushing up the strength (and one for accuracy) of my weapon, would baxe benefit more than 2h, similar to the CR > CLS discussion?

Yes, Baxe definitely does benefit more from att/str bonuses, but I'm not sure how much that would tilt the comparison. You'd have to ask the Bunyip about that.