Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, but it is true. People now "advertise" (or should...damn idiots in 148) Occults +2, because so long as you have an occult floor open you'll get xp from the lowest(right?) floor you have open, no matter what the host picked as the floor number.

In a sense and using the old system to describe the floors now, everyone can do their own floor at the same time. I can "be doing" 47, my friend 45, and so on.

Well, I'd rather they split the theme into Low, Medium and High Occults (4 floors each), because the XP difference between more than 5 floors can get quite staggering. I'd really rather not do F36 when my last open is F44+, really.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Can someone explain exactly what this week's tweaks allow for?

My friend is telling me that if I have floor 47 open, and he has floor 41, and we both join the same floor 37, I'll get full XP for floor 47 which will become marked off and he'll gain full XP for 41 which will likewise become marked off for him... Meaning that as long as we each have some Occult floor open we can basically join any Occult floor and get full XP?

This sounds too good to be true!

^true

(other then the "sounds too good to be true" part)

No, it isn't true.

Say your only floor is 45 and you join 38. At the end, you get experience as if you had done 38, and 45 gets ticked off. If it was the opposite- you have 38 open and do 45, you get still exp as if you had done 38 and get 38 ticked off. Thus you should always err on the side of setting the floor too high rather than too low if possible (having players with a lower dungeoneering level can mess this up). If you have to take a small exp hit, though, it's not a big deal. Better than the old way.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

xkylir.png

Does this look right? Actually I don't even know what I'm looking for...

Honestly my brain's a bit fried right now... :wall: :(

(I'm on painkillers from a surgery earlier this week. Also, this dungeon was NOT with DGSweep but W148 as my friend doesn't have a hood and can't get into a DGSweep DG...)

2dgucz6.png

Is there any guide on how to kill dreadnaut and blink in warped floors? For dreadnaut I've only had him once in a med solo, took over 5 minutes killing in a similar style to solo sara, using blast spells. Surely there must be a quicker way? And as for blink, I've faced him in c1s, and I always seem to die at least 3 times, as I can't seem to react quick enough to raise the pillar, or am on the wrong side (I know about looking on the minimap).

for dread have 4-5 maging it, if it targets you then run around the room

you shouldn't be using blast spells you should be using surge spells

for blink, it's easier with more people as you have more people to cover more areas for pillars

Ah ok, so would it be worth upgrading my blaster ring to tier 5ish or higher for just dread? And I was using blasts because it's all I had available at that time.

Blaster doesn't affect him. :mellow:

20 bucks says it does...

Blaster is the entangle one, right? I know the entangle ring setting works on whathisface brute boss from the abandoned floors. Tired atm...

As for the floor update, it basically gives you the lower of the exp of the floors you're doing vs the one being checked off. Hence it's best to do whatever floor (in the correct theme of course) that the team can do.

You don't get exp for a higher floor then the one you are actually doing.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

What? We accept people without hoods. The best way to get a hood is to dungeoneer more, and all of our keyers understand that. I didn't even get a hood till 89 dungeoneering (I used to think it was 91 but I tracked my exp to the date).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

No, it isn't true.

Say your only floor is 45 and you join 38. At the end, you get experience as if you had done 38, and 45 gets ticked off. If it was the opposite- you have 38 open and do 45, you get still exp as if you had done 38 and get 38 ticked off. Thus you should always err on the side of setting the floor too high rather than too low if possible (having players with a lower dungeoneering level can mess this up). If you have to take a small exp hit, though, it's not a big deal. Better than the old way.

Are you sure about this? As far as i've heard and the manual says, you get prestige xp(first column) for the floor that gets ticked off and base xp(second column) for the floor you did if you tick a higher floor off with a lower one. Thus, because base xp is almost constant, you only lose around 200 xp per floor that is higher than what you just did.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Is there any guide on how to kill dreadnaut and blink in warped floors? For dreadnaut I've only had him once in a med solo, took over 5 minutes killing in a similar style to solo sara, using blast spells. Surely there must be a quicker way? And as for blink, I've faced him in c1s, and I always seem to die at least 3 times, as I can't seem to react quick enough to raise the pillar, or am on the wrong side (I know about looking on the minimap).

for dread have 4-5 maging it, if it targets you then run around the room

you shouldn't be using blast spells you should be using surge spells

for blink, it's easier with more people as you have more people to cover more areas for pillars

Ah ok, so would it be worth upgrading my blaster ring to tier 5ish or higher for just dread? And I was using blasts because it's all I had available at that time.

Blaster doesn't affect him. :mellow:

20 bucks says it does...

Blaster is the entangle one, right? I know the entangle ring setting works on whathisface brute boss from the abandoned floors. Tired atm...

I'll bet 50M gp that it doesn't work. (I'm serious)

I've had dreadnaught without the safespot, tried the blaster and while it shows the bind animation he doesn't stop moving. Though you are right about it working on the abandoned brute.

No, it isn't true.

Are you sure about this? As far as i've heard and the manual says, you get prestige xp(first column) for the floor that gets ticked off and base xp(second column) for the floor you did if you tick a higher floor off with a lower one. Thus, because base xp is almost constant, you only lose around 200 xp per floor that is higher than what you just did.

Quoting the KB:

You can only receive prestige contributions to your Dungeoneering XP once per floor. Play a floor for a second time and the game will attempt to do the following, in the order shown:

•  
  • If a lower floor of the same theme (frozen, abandoned, etc) has not been raided by you, then the floor you raid will be treated as if it was this lower floor. This means that the lower floor will be counted as complete (ticked on your floor interface before a dungeon) and your base value of XP will be calculated according to this lower floor.
  • If a higher floor of the same theme (frozen, abandoned, etc) has not been raided by you, then the floor you raid will be treated as if it was this higher floor. This means that the higher floor will be counted as complete (ticked on your floor interface before a dungeon) while your base value of XP will be calculated according to the floor you are currently raiding, NOT the higher floor.
  • If there are no floors of the same theme (frozen, abandoned, etc) that have not been raided by you, you will receive a 0 XP prestige contribution to your base value.

Neltak.png

No, it isn't true.

You've got that backwards- the first one is base, the second is prestige. The first one is the one that changes floor by floor, and it's the one that takes a penalty for having checked off a high floor by doing a low floor, so the difference can be significant.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Think about it this way.

Jagex likes screwing you over as long as you did the floor you're on already.

If you only have higher floors open, you won't get the xp for it.

If you only have lower floors open, you don't get the extra xp for the harder floor.

Think about it this way.

Jagex likes screwing you over as long as you did the floor you're on already.

If you only have higher floors open, you won't get the xp for it.

If you only have lower floors open, you don't get the extra xp for the harder floor.

LOL. Although I don't quite like the cynicism, this is the best, simplest explanation I've seen to explain it.

Yeah. Basically, if you repeat a floor and get another one in the same theme checked off, you'll get the exp for whatever floor is lower.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I don't think Jagex designed the system to reward people for randomly completing floors. They just meant to make it a little easier, with the cost for the convenience being less exp. Ideally, you will want to complete floors you haven't done already to avoid having this system kick in.

td2sig.jpg

The exp loss is more than fair considering the time saved finding teams. You can now form a team among essentially any 5 friends of a similar DG level instantly rather than having to find people with compatible floors, which often involves waiting for this or that person because nobody else has the floor open.

The exp loss is more than fair considering the time saved finding teams. You can now form a team among essentially any 5 friends of a similar DG level instantly rather than having to find people with compatible floors, which often involves waiting for this or that person because nobody else has the floor open.

Also, keyers have a great advantage since they'll almost always be doing the floors THEY want.

Edited by Zaaps1

The way I, and I think most other people, would do it is to find the highest floor that is the lowest somebody has open, OR the highest floor that the lowest level can do. In other words, say I have 36 and 43 open, and I'm duoing with somebody who has 37 and 40 open. We'd do 37, which would check off 36 at 36 exp for me and 37 at 37 exp for them. Also, if I only had 47 open and was duoing with someone who only had 38 open and could only access up to floor 40, we'd do 40 so that they get 38 at 38 exp and I get 47 at 40 exp.

It sounds complicated but it really isn't. Just look to the guy who has his floors checked off highest and then do his lowest floor or the highest floor everyone in the team can access.

Thanks Guys Got 84 dung and my crapier today.

I started out just wanting a chaotic but now i think I'm hooked.

Edit: 100 posts in 4 1/2 years of lurking :)

Edited by TDC

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

Gorgonite 2h bound, hood for second bind, plate until you get one, if you're not attached to your attack level get 90 (outside dg) and bind a prom 2h once you get it. Get t6 or t7 berserker (ring upgrades) and use it. Getting 90 defence for a prom plate works but you'll be binding a hood once you find one anyway.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Gorgonite 2h bound, hood for second bind, plate until you get one, if you're not attached to your attack level get 90 (outside dg) and bind a prom 2h once you get it. Get t6 or t7 berserker (ring upgrades) and use it. Getting 90 defence for a prom plate works but you'll be binding a hood once you find one anyway.

Alrighty. I have a gorgonite 2h and plate bound already. So I just hop into the cc and say I would like to dung? Oh and I am pretty sure I have something around a t6 berserker ring.

Big_Stingman.png