Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was pkin in wild today, and disconnected, i could log in about a minute later, and I was in soul wars with no more rapier........... [bleep][bleep][bleep]!!!!!!

gunna dg over the spring break hope i get atleast a few levels :/

yoshimario.gif

Siggy updated (Aug 23, 2008 9:30 AM)

My Photobucket

Ouch, that's the worst. Hope you discover a burning passion for DG while you earn it back. That's what happened to me when I lost my first chaotic :P

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Obt!

I'm trying fri***** hard to get my large occult floors to under 30mins! So I unbound my Saggi arrows and bound some Laws....

Then I get necro and took us 12mins on the boss alone :'(

Give me tips to key under 30mins pls :P

Obt!

I'm trying fri***** hard to get my large occult floors to under 30mins! So I unbound my Saggi arrows and bound some Laws....

How on earth did you spend 12 minutes on necro? Even using the no food method it shouldn't take that long. Everyone should either get surges or a t9 or 10 longbow with fractite arrows bought from the smuggler, and then shoot it until it dies.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Obt!

How on earth did you spend 12 minutes on necro? Even using the no food method it shouldn't take that long. Everyone should either get surges or a t9 or 10 longbow with fractite arrows bought from the smuggler, and then shoot it until it dies.

IDK why, maybe my team were low range lvl

In dungeoneering, it's not rare that keyers rage. Infact, it's common(depending on team and sidekicks, ofcource), and there is NEVER any reason to take any of it personally. If you do, you might aswell quit the team at that moment. All that you are basically on about here just shows how bad a dungeoneer you are. If a keyer complain about something, you do what he says 110%. If a keyer says you aren't active enough, you step up. If a keyer has an issue with another teammate, you [bleep] off. Dungeoneering really isn't candy-land where everything is soft and sweet. I'm more or less certain your ban is due to escalation, and this post REALLY doesn't help you at all.

Long story short, DGS doesn't need [developmentally delayed]s who can't follow orders.

Not that I don't get where you're coming from....

but that makes dungeoneering (and the cc to an extent) look like such an elitist scum bath, that it's actually humorous.

Just sayin....

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

but that makes dungeoneering (and the cc to an extent) look like such an elitist scum bath, that it's actually humorous.

Just sayin....

Doing what you are told is elitist? If you have a problem with that, you can always key 25 minute floors yourself(and never be told what to do). The cc is for learning, nintendo was doing what he was supposed to be doing and the idiot decided he needed to show his attitude, which is the last thing you want to do. It really has nothing to do with elitism and everything to do with being an understanding, decent person.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

A technical question about DG:

Is it worth binding the Primal Platebody at 95 DG for the price of a weapon slot, if I usually key?

????????????

even if you key i can guarentee having a weapon is better than a platebody lol..

would honestly suggest you mine prom and make yourself a plate every floor if you want one

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

A technical question about DG:

Is it worth binding the Primal Platebody at 95 DG for the price of a weapon slot, if I usually key?

????????????

even if you key i can guarentee having a weapon is better than a platebody lol..

would honestly suggest you mine prom and make yourself a plate every floor if you want one

Learning to key without armour is an extremely valuable skill, because when you do eventually get 3 binds, you can choose to continue keying without armour and pick up something fun (hex/blood/etc) or grab a primal plate and breeze through.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Just sayin....

Doing what you are told is elitist? If you have a problem with that, you can always key 25 minute floors yourself(and never be told what to do). The cc is for learning, nintendo was doing what he was supposed to be doing and the idiot decided he needed to show his attitude, which is the last thing you want to do. It really has nothing to do with elitism and everything to do with being an understanding, decent person.

This.

DGS rarely ever kicks people. In fact, I can only remember a couple instances of it happening the entire time DGS has been open. Keyers will yell at you if you are derping, but if you just do what they say and show effort to fix whatever they scolded you for, everything is peachy. I myself am not a great DGer-- my reflexes aren't good -- but I am always trying to improve, and I apologize when I [bleep] up because I hate being the one to know he's not doing as well as the rest of the team or slowing the rest of the team down... Being belligerent towards the keyers, either in game or on these forums, is the best possible way to get kicked.

td2sig.jpg

I know, I've dunged with the cc before, I know how it really works.

I'm just saying that xpx's post made it seem stricter then it really was. :rolleyes:

Well, it really is that strict (in a sense), but 99% of the time people are actually trying very hard to learn/improve, so the strictness rarely shows its head. Unfortunately in the few cases we've had to crack down, someone ends up taking it personally and posting here, which - as stated, is the fastest way to get in big trouble.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I know, I've dunged with the cc before, I know how it really works.

I'm just saying that xpx's post made it seem stricter then it really was. :rolleyes:

Well, it really is that strict (in a sense), but 99% of the time people are actually trying very hard to learn/improve, so the strictness rarely shows its head. Unfortunately in the few cases we've had to crack down, someone ends up taking it personally and posting here, which - as stated, is the fastest way to get in big trouble.

Yeah, this. We're incredibly lucky in DGS, in that the vast majority of people feel privileged to be there and as a result end up doing what they're told quickly and learning from it if they make mistakes. I'll make fun of people who make mistakes a bit if I'm keying, but it's rare for me to actually feel like someone doesn't deserve their slot.

The problem is when you get self-important scum right out of 148 who don't feel like listening to the keyer and improving their technique. Talking back to the keyer (ranked or not!) and arguing during a floor is an excellent way to get raged at and then kicked, because it's never productive. Discuss technique while the floor timer isn't ticking, and in the mean time shut up and do what you're told. Otherwise, you won't last long here.

The problem is when you get self-important scum right out of 148 who don't feel like listening to the keyer and improving their technique. Talking back to the keyer (ranked or not!) and arguing during a floor is an excellent way to get raged at and then kicked, because it's never productive. Discuss technique while the floor timer isn't ticking, and in the mean time shut up and do what you're told. Otherwise, you won't last long here.

At what point is it appropriate to kick someone from a floor for not listening? I assume for a first offense, unless unusually severe, I should suck it up and finish the floor, especially since I'm not a ranked keyer.

Also, if hosting a floor, am I obligated to take anyone in the CC who wishes to join, or if I have some reason, personal or otherwise, for not wishing to take someone is it allowed to pass them up?

edit: Not that this is currently an issue, just for future reference.

At what point is it appropriate to kick someone from a floor for not listening?

Imo, when a person cops an attitude after being told what to do and starts repeatedly flaming the keyer or other members of the team, that's when the team should seriously consider kicking the person. Having someone trying to be an e-thug in a dungeon doesn't do anything other than hurt productivity and suck the fun out of it for the rest of the team.

Do remember that it takes a unanimous vote of all four members to kick someone, so everybody on the team has to agree that so-and-so is being a belligerent little pain in the ass and that the benefits of removing said troublemaker from the team outweighs the risk of creating inaccessible rooms.

td2sig.jpg

At what point is it appropriate to kick someone from a floor for not listening? I assume for a first offense, unless unusually severe, I should suck it up and finish the floor, especially since I'm not a ranked keyer.

Also, if hosting a floor, am I obligated to take anyone in the CC who wishes to join, or if I have some reason, personal or otherwise, for not wishing to take someone is it allowed to pass them up?

edit: Not that this is currently an issue, just for future reference.

First off, you have no obligation to take anyone from the CC. Any player can decline to offer any other player a spot for whatever reason, just try really hard not to start drama over it.

My rule for kicking people is if someone is A) actively slowing down the floor, B) has the ability to stop, and C) hasn't stopped after more than two warnings. I haven't ever had to kick someone from a DGS team, but I apply the same rules to 148ers and 3boers, and they end up getting kicked every once in a while. For example, I once had a dude with a worldbearer full of food he fished during GDs, which I told him not to do. Then he declined to share it with anyone. I told him to share again because we were starting the boss and he was the only one with food, and he said to fish our own. We kicked him and it was like a [bleep]ing pinata. Good times.

Personally I wouldn't ever kick anyone unless they were actively trolling or trying to be offensive (like what happened to nintendo). I'd rather explain to a person what they're doing wrong than just kick them and teach them nothing.

Also yes you have no obligation to take anyone from the cc. It's recommended however.

C1Geq.png