Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I thought Prestige XP was a consistent number based on the # of floors you did last reset.

Floor xp is exclusive to that particular floor?

X + Y = Z

I thought X changes depending on floor, Y is a constant based on your total number of floors completed last reset.

So in that case, if your prestige XP is 53 either way. Whether you do floor 53 or 52 your prestige XP should be the same.

The xp should be as if you did floor 52, with 53 prestige, as opposed to doing floor 53 with 53 prestige. I don't see how that is more, if prestige 53 is a constant figure.

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know Prestige XP is specific to floors.

Like at Prestige 60, you get a larger Prestige XP for Floor 60 than for Floor 59, 58 or 1.

Some guys have done smalls to show that Prestige XP actually varies based on floor, and that deeper floors actually enjoy a higher Prestige XP.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I just timed and tested 12 furnished c2's for fishing xp and the results are as follows:

72 minutes for the floors

120141 fishing xp

13612 dungeoneering xp

I tested furnished floors specifically for the hypothesis of them being the slowest floors(because of bosses, primarily, and i had 2 stomps) and could bring the good average of fishing xp down(i got upwards of 120k fishing xp an hour for ice floors, where the bosses are faster, there are less monsters and no poison), but it seems as though the method is always atleast 100k fishing xp an hour regardless of the floors. This test was done with 96 fishing, and as fishing level largely affects what the fishing spots contain, different levels will have different xp rates, and you can only receive above 100k fishing xp an hour with atleast 90+, but the method still provides more than 50k xp an hour for level ~70 fishing. Overall, i got 330k fishing xp over the 33 c2 floors, so around that amount is to be expected, though i did have a single floor with no fish(took 2 minutes) and one with 151 fish(13 spots, 24k xp, took 10,5 minutes).

The best fishing xp outside of daemonheim is around 90k an hour for barbarian fishing with urns, dropping or low alching the fish, so this definitely is the fastest and most efficient fishing xp in game now, and not only that, you get to do your low dungeoneering floors solo without efficiently wasting any time on them. It's also likely possible to get some good woodcutting xp in those c2's assuming you bind a prom hatchet for the 70 c2 floors(do c2's for both resets) but it would require 100+ dungeoneering(a good hatchet is a must for efficient woodcutting). I am not entirely sure on mining, woodcutting and fishing(perhaps even cooking) in c3's as you can only ever get 5 ores per rock(usually around 3) so the xp would be very limited, and you'd need a good pickaxe for that, too.

tl;dr, the sweepers are now moving on to fishing, meet us at DG fishers clan chat :wink:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

^Whoa. Looks like it's time for me to get a surgebox, I'm solo c2ing to 99 fish and thus won't need my law bind anymore.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

^Whoa. Looks like it's time for me to get a surgebox, I'm solo c2ing to 99 fish and thus won't need my law bind anymore.

Dont you key anymore? if so, laws are still a good bind.

C1Geq.png

I do key, but I still find myself wishing I had a surgebox a LOT, both because I DPS sometimes and because of certain bosses.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

laws are definitely a better bind for c2 fishing. Why? because you can easily destroy them to bind cosmics, which will speed up dungeons by around 15-30 seconds.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Aah, yeah, that's a good point.

Maybe what I will do is bind cosmics, do my C2s, rebind laws, and then bind the first surgebox I see and hang on to that until I have to do C2s again.

I do key, but I still find myself wishing I had a surgebox a LOT, both because I DPS sometimes and because of certain bosses.

Hope and dread are meleeable now b/c of no more safespots. I think laws for larges and cosmics for c2s is the best for keyers.

C1Geq.png

Dread got unsafespotted as well? [cabbage].

Either way, it seemed like people with surges were doing a lot less dying on hope devourer. The only way I saw to not get comboed faster than you can eat is to bind it and stay out of range.

Dread got unsafespotted as well? [cabbage].

Either way, it seemed like people with surges were doing a lot less dying on hope devourer. The only way I saw to not get comboed faster than you can eat is to bind it and stay out of range.

Might make blaster ring useful now they aren't safespottable

DG noob here.

How kill hope dev without safespot?

DG noob here.

How kill hope dev without safespot?

My team ended up binding it and then hexing/surging it until dead. I tried melee and died twice very quickly, and then I had a pot door to do so I left and they finished while I was finishing the dungeon.

As Michael said, blaster ring might be a good idea. Probably best to just make surges if you don't have a surgebox bind, melee does NOT work.

Also, hmmmm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-908dHs6kQ&NR=1

Lol, in the video he gets him stuck in the boxes and he just runs and unsafes him. I think it would be better to bind anway.

He only does that because he had no choice, it would have worked otherwise. It's the exact same principle as a Sara solo.

I agree that binding might be easier though.

Lol, in the video he gets him stuck in the boxes and he just runs and unsafes him. I think it would be better to bind anway.

He only does that because he had no choice, it would have worked otherwise. It's the exact same principle as a Sara solo.

I agree that binding might be easier though.

For Dread you can't bind so need to work out the best way to kill him now. For Hope, I'm certain that a few high tier Blasters will be sufficient to keep Hope out of melee range.

With more than 1 person against dread he's easy, it's just zilyana.

Hope is easier to mage, since if you are in melee range when he groroaroars then you have to turn off pray and run out of melee range. Which isn't that hard, if you are really wimpy you can just ggs out when he groooaors if in melee range. You can bind hope but I think it's pretty useless.

1 tanker who has pray, can melee if they want. Others mage/hex and spread out, if it approaches you turn on melee pray or run.

Btw tanker takes no additional damage, there's damage that hits everyone occasionally by a small amount. Others can soulsplit if they need hp.

The only thing you have to do is turn pray off and avoid melee distance when he grooaors, otherwise you get combo'd and die.

siggya.png

Btw tanker takes no additional damage, there's damage that hits everyone occasionally by a small amount.

mage pray stops the dmg and stops your stats being lowered.

C1Geq.png

Btw tanker takes no additional damage, there's damage that hits everyone occasionally by a small amount.

mage pray stops the dmg and stops your stats being lowered.

gf team mate stealer owned by chee gf

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Quick question on weapons. Atm I got prom 2h bind. I occasionally get the odd primal drop from bosses. Which primal wep should I bind instead of prom 2h?

The only other primal weapon to bind is a primal 2h, which comes at lvl 113, but some have contested that a primal baxe is as good or better than a 2h. It is useful when you have a CSB bound rather than laws/cosmics, since you will always have it equipped; it saves time having to re-equip your weapon, but I think it's just up to you. I've heard that having at least one person with a pirmal rapier is good as well, but not not so sure.

Stick with a prom 2h till 89, then you can decide between primal baxe and prom 2h. They both have their advantages, though I would contend that the 2h is slightly better. Aside from those two weapons, the only other upgrade you can make is to a primal 2h (which is unequivocally better than a primal baxe).

Very few people know how to use primal rapiers properly, which is why we don't allow them in DGS. They're very useful at 100+, however (binding a prom 2h and a primal rapier).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.