Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 10k tokens to a rapier. Joy.

Just one quesiton.

If you have floors 1-11 open, what would be the best xp to do? 1, 2, 3, ect? Or would repeating 11 be better xp, to get 1-11 checked off?

Is doing floor 1, with floor 1 unchecked more xp then doing floor 2, with floor 1 unchecked and floor 2 checked?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

repeating 11 means you would have to leave and reenter every time

Yeah.. but just saying, 35 is the highest floor for aban2. If I have 30-35 open, would I get more, less, or the same xp by doing 35 35 35 35 35 rather then 30 31 32 33 34 35.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Yeah.. but just saying, 35 is the highest floor for aban2. If I have 30-35 open, would I get more, less, or the same xp by doing 35 35 35 35 35 rather then 30 31 32 33 34 35.

Less.

Remember golden rule when confused about new floors system: Jagex likes to screw you over.

EDIT: Ok technically you wouldn't get less, but f35 is a harder floor than f30-4, so ultimately you're getting slower xp.

Edited by Zaaps1

Doing 35 5 times is less xp than 30-35, which is 6 floors.

siggya.png

Doing 35 5 times is less xp than 30-35, which is 6 floors.

Doing 35 five times while having 31-35 open will get EXCACTLY the same result as doing 5x 35. You only lose xp when a lower floor ticks off a higher floor.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

am I allowed to join sweepers with my combat stats?

Depends, and it would be helpful if you said what they were or posted a picture. I don't think may people here want to open the high scores and look you up manually.

Honestly, we don't care THAT much about stats. However, if you try to go with one of our pro teams and you are <120 combat, chances are you won't get great exp because you will die frequently.

td2sig.jpg

Depends, and it would be helpful if you said what they were or posted a picture. I don't think may people here want to open the high scores and look you up manually.

Honestly, we don't care THAT much about stats. However, if you try to go with one of our pro teams and you are <120 combat, chances are you won't get great exp because you will die frequently.

Well, you'll have roughly the same defense if you're all wearing hoods, so the only defensive disadvantage you'll be at is less prayer before the altar and a little less hitpoints, perhaps no SS either. You'll have those situations where you'll be wishing you had 10 more prayer or 100 more hp, but if you pay attention and execute a little common sense (i.e not going into boss rooms alone/lagging) you should be alright.

Well, you'll have roughly the same defense if you're all wearing hoods, so the only defensive disadvantage you'll be at is less prayer before the altar and a little less hitpoints, perhaps no SS either. You'll have those situations where you'll be wishing you had 10 more prayer or 100 more hp, but if you pay attention and execute a little common sense (i.e not going into boss rooms alone/lagging) you should be alright.

My main concern with people of lower combat levels is that they won't deal sufficient damage in guardian rooms. Defense in dungeoneering doesn't matter at all if you don't have armor - most monsters rape me and I'm 99 defense/magic.

But anyway, I highly recommend that people with lower combat levels get at least 80 attack for a gorg 2h. Having a higher tiered zerker ring is a necessity, too. We don't really discriminate based on combat level (within reason), but most keyers will snap at you if you're waiting for other people to jump into GDs or avoiding tanking, so be sure to take initiative.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Thanks for letting my friend join tonight for a dung.

Sorry bout the gatestone confusion at the end Bunyip, I think it was just a bunch of info too fast for him considering it was his first proper rush attempt.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Sorry bout the gatestone confusion at the end Bunyip, I think it was just a bunch of info too fast for him considering it was his first proper rush attempt.

LOL his first ever "rush" (read: actual dungeon) was with Grimy?! That must have been hilarious.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

u make it sound like i don't enjoy yelling at people lol

Naaxi.png

LOL his first ever "rush" (read: actual dungeon) was with Grimy?! That must have been hilarious.

That's . . . that's like wanting to try drugs for the first time and snorting a spoonful of cocaine instead of taking it easy with a joint.

Not that I know anything about any of that. :shame:

EDIT:

So, is a hood pretty much mandatory in order to be the keyer? I'd like to learn how to key, but I still don't have a hood :\ Seen two hood drops before but other teammates claimed them first :(

Life as an unhooded keyer is hard. Ask Grimy. :P You can key without a hood, it's just much harder as far as I can tell.

Edited by Obtaurian

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

So, is a hood pretty much mandatory in order to be the keyer? I'd like to learn how to key, but I still don't have a hood :\ Seen two hood drops before but other teammates claimed them first :(

No, but keying without a hood is very difficult. You're likely to die a lot and it's really annoying having to clear/tank hoodsafe puzzle rooms that a hooded keyer would have breezed through.

Obt I was thinking more LSD, but yeah.

Edited by green9090

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

It was....fairly average...tbh, other then the gatestone thing, I didn't notice very much, and the gatestone thing didn't even last long :mellow:

It probably helps that both me and him are on ventrillo together, so I was kind of throwing information at him through that as well.

u make it sound like i don't enjoy yelling at people lol

That was yelling?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

My main concern with people of lower combat levels is that they won't deal sufficient damage in guardian rooms. Defense in dungeoneering doesn't matter at all if you don't have armor - most monsters rape me and I'm 99 defense/magic.

But anyway, I highly recommend that people with lower combat levels get at least 80 attack for a gorg 2h. Having a higher tiered zerker ring is a necessity, too. We don't really discriminate based on combat level (within reason), but most keyers will snap at you if you're waiting for other people to jump into GDs or avoiding tanking, so be sure to take initiative.

My main point about combat levels and survivability was Hitpoints. Players with <900 HP die far more frequently than players with above 900 because it's a lot harder to survive nasty combos. Without armor, you get raped regardless, but having higher HP gives a much greater chance to live through some door lag in a room full of aggressive monsters. It's fairly easy to be comboed for 500-700 LP. Also, given that most bosses can easily hit upwards of 500 damage, higher HP gives greater survivability there too.

td2sig.jpg

On the other hand, having lower hp also reduces average monster level, so that can be a pretty major plus.

There was a period in time when i was keying for DGS without a hood.

Naaxi.png

On the other hand, having lower hp also reduces average monster level, so that can be a pretty major plus.

How much lower would one person have to be for that to make a significant difference?

Depends on how you define significant, and really I haven't done enough dungeons with low levels to give you a good estimate. I once did a floor with a level 3 skiller, it was pretty nice. GDs were quite a bit easier on average, and it didn't hurt that he supplied us with enough strong melees and strong rejuvination potions to pot and turm most of them. The boss seemed a bit easier too, it was runebound, but again I'm not sure how much of that was the strong melees.