Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

I have a question about ammo binds and CSB usage. I currently have 125 law runes bound.

I think i have seen a surge box, or certainly something like one, but not knowing exactly what to do with it i just left it behind - this looks to have been a mistake - although certainly no one else in the (non DGS) group wanted it.

So, I kind of understand that a surge box basically holds runes/spells - but can someone confirm how it works/wielded and how its charged etc?

from pics it looks likes its held in a hand position but bound in ammo slot? Can i use with prom 2h(b)? what if i make a temporary staff etc? does prom 2h need unwielded to use?

If i find one, do i need to fill it before i bind it, or can i add runes to it later (which will remain bound?) What spells/runes should i add at my levels?

cheers

G

Edit: also, on a related note, at my levels, what is the best magic weapon (presume staff?) that i can make/gather/buy for bosses at my level and how do i do it?

Gda_Scooby.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A surgebox is held in the shield hand (so you can't use a 2h with it). It holds 125 casts of wind surge. If you're wielding an elemental staff, you can cast the corresponding elemental spell. You can bind it and then fill it, but you most likely can't fill it during a later floor.

At 92 magic, a seeping elm branch can bought from the smuggler for very cheap and can be made into a basic earth staff. Corpsethorn branches and higher can be made into empowered earth staffs. When you get 95, use blood spindle and entgallow/gravecreeper for fire staffs, respectively.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

A surgebox is held in the shield hand (so you can't use a 2h with it). It holds 125 casts of wind surge. If you're wielding an elemental staff, you can cast the corresponding elemental spell. You can bind it and then fill it, but you most likely can't fill it during a later floor.

At 92 magic, a seeping elm branch can bought from the smuggler for very cheap and can be made into a basic earth staff. Corpsethorn branches and higher can be made into empowered earth staffs. When you get 95, use blood spindle and entgallow/gravecreeper for fire staffs, respectively.

Ok so i can destroy my law bind and bind the CSB tho? so i can have hood, prom2h and csb bound? does csb go in ammo slot when bound or inventory? Can/how do i swap from prom2h to surgebox and back again?

On staffs, they all seem equally poor magic offence, is this correct?

Gda_Scooby.png

On staffs, they all seem equally poor magic offence, is this correct?

Most monsters in dg that are weak to magic don't require much magic offense to kill in the first place. Prime example being forgotten warriors, I don't think I've ever missed on them using magic, even with the primal ones.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Are monos glitched atm or something? had 3 today that have spawned nothing but level 1s lol. figured this is the best place to ask.

That's odd... How many people were in the group? I had one last night in a 5 man in w117 since I couldn't find anyone in the cc to dunj with and all it spawned were level 111+. We let it reset 5 or 6 times, but never anything less than 111 came out of it.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Are monos glitched atm or something? had 3 today that have spawned nothing but level 1s lol. figured this is the best place to ask.

That's odd... How many people were in the group? I had one last night in a 5 man in w117 since I couldn't find anyone in the cc to dunj with and all it spawned were level 111+. We let it reset 5 or 6 times, but never anything less than 111 came out of it.

Monos were changed pretty recently. They're now easier than they used to be (for the most part).

dgs5.jpg

Monos were changed pretty recently. They're now easier than they used to be (for the most part).

It also seems like the initial spawn is a big factor in determining the rest of the mono.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

it depends on what rooms you've recently found.

If you open a Mono room directly after, say, a Ghosts room, or a spike trap room, there's a pretty good chance the mono shades will be very low level. It's the same with normal rooms. It's like the system tries to go easier on you after you find a "painful" room. It's why you sometimes start opening doors, and there's nothing but level 30 and under monsters in it. It usually lasts 3-4 rooms before they become strong again.

Of course, I've seen times were this doesn't occur at all, but it's just a common thing I've seen happen in dungeons.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

i will soon be doing dungeoneering

how do i sign up if i do need to

or do i just join the cc?

(i also know matt marche if that helps, as he is keyer for you)

137 cb

2414 total just incase that helps too

There's no signup, just pop into the clan chat whenever.

dgs5.jpg

hmm with the increasingly amount of "randomers" who join are we going to have some quality control?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

has anyone ever seen this before?

unledira.png

We hadn't even been on a frozen floor. This just happened randomly while he was pushing the blocks. I didn't get a picture of it, but he had the typical to'kash options (i.e. free frozen adventurer) and got hit for 180 damage when it broke open.

Has this been around for a while, and I just missed the memo? <.<

hmm with the increasingly amount of "randomers" who join are we going to have some quality control?

The guidelines are more strict and there's a warning on the DGS page. Here, I'll copypaste it:

- As a relatively small dungeoneering clan, we are not able to accommodate everyone.

- We have very high standards and are quick to kick/ban.

- Please do not use the clan chat without reading and understanding the guidelines.

- Do not PM admins about joining DGS.

- Do not join DGS before 70 dungeoneering.

Any suggestions? Frankly, I don't mind 100+ randoms joining as long as they adhere to the guidelines are willing to learn, but only because they'd more than likely need only a little instruction here and there. I am definitely not willing to teach just any random who stumbles into the chat - that service is reserved for Tipiters only. This is just my opinion though.

We're getting so many randoms because we're currently #9 (was #7 last night) on the clan highscores for exp gains and #5 for dungeoneering exp gains. Ultimately, it's going to be hard to weed out the randoms without a proper level requirement. I really wish we could just make our clan page private, but alas . . .

Again, does anyone have any suggestions for how we could deter RSOFers?

dgs5.jpg

has anyone ever seen this before?

unledira.png

We hadn't even been on a frozen floor. This just happened randomly while he was pushing the blocks. I didn't get a picture of it, but he had the typical to'kash options (i.e. free frozen adventurer) and got hit for 180 damage when it broke open.

Has this been around for a while, and I just missed the memo? <.<

I think that happens if you fail to change the color of the block.

Ex:

Block is purple colored, but someone derped and its ontop of the green tile atm. So you bring a green vial over to recolor it. You can fail this step and get frozen/damaged.

Well I agree with that: but the problem I see also with "randomers" is that they have no "drive" to actually perform well: if they leech they can just leave into anonimity :/.. With tip.iters you're more easily hold them responsible. - The only way I can think off it now is to only join non-guests (and only keep tiffers members), though this is far from ideal (many people want to have another clan as their main).

(Just now I see someone creating a dung who I wouldn't join even if I was paid).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

One thing that will really help is for everyone to ask randoms if they've fully read and understand the guidelines. If they really know what they're getting into, I'm less inclined to kick them out. If you see people doing stupid things during floors, tell them what they're doing wrong. If they argue or neglect to make the changes, report it to an admin (here or on Skype) and one of us will personally take care of it.

dgs5.jpg

Is there actually a way to make clear you have read the guidelines and such? Because i have did so and joined a few floors with dgs but i would prob still be seen as a randomer (and i find that actually semi- correct). What has one to do btw to get the lowest rank in the cc?

Hamstie.png

The guidelines are more strict and there's a warning on the DGS page. Here, I'll copypaste it:

- As a relatively small dungeoneering clan, we are not able to accommodate everyone.

- Please do not use the clan chat without reading and understanding the guidelines.

Any suggestions? Frankly, I don't mind 100+ randoms joining as long as they adhere to the guidelines are willing to learn, but only because they'd more than likely need only a little instruction here and there. I am definitely not willing to teach just any random who stumbles into the chat - that service is reserved for Tipiters only. This is just my opinion though.

We're getting so many randoms because we're currently #9 (was #7 last night) on the clan highscores for exp gains and #5 for dungeoneering exp gains. Ultimately, it's going to be hard to weed out the randoms without a proper level requirement. I really wish we could just make our clan page private, but alas . . .

why bother with this clan thing

what benefit does it give to dgs?

if all it does is attract stupid randomers then I don't really see the point

why bother with this clan thing

what benefit does it give to dgs?

if all it does is attract stupid randomers then I don't really see the point

The mass advertisement will serve a purpose soon enough.

*nudge nudge wink wink*

Naaxi.png