Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

- We'll be closing the DG Sweepers chat very soon. I know. Very confusing.

Huh? :3 Has DGS got to the point where it's aimed at more higher levels and those DGSing are the ones in the clan? Ooooor.... :ohnoes:

I wouldn't say being able to do floors 30+ is aimed at higher levels. A really promising keyer (jedi) was sub 80 before he came to dgs. He had the right attitude and could key well so he fit in perfectly.

The reason we're closing dg sweepers cc is so we can use the Dgs cc with all the snazzy new ranks (and whats the point in having 2 ccs?)

C1Geq.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blink.png

I think we should have some agreement on how to do Blink. I suggest this method. Four players can do it.

Each player needs to stand in one of the white-marked sections. They are each responsible for the 2 adjacent pillars. Alternatively, if 5 want in, 3 can stand in the green-marked squares instead and each be responsible for just one pillar.

Look at the minimap. It will show where Blink will start running from before it appears. Blink only runs north and east. If appears anywhere apart from at the south-west corner, raise the corresponding pillar immediately. For example, in the pic, I would go and raise the pillar on the right. If it does appear in the southwest corner, it is slightly more tricky as it can run both north and east - in this case, walk behind the corresponding pillar and only raise it once and if it starts running towards you (or even better, watch when it spawns and see if it is facing you).

Note 1: It will not use its running magic attack before it crosses the third pillar (the one you are raising) so you will not be hit by it if you successfully follow the above instructions.

Note 2: The magic attack will not hit you if you are far enough away from where it is set off either.

Note 3: Because you are not raising the fourth pillars, you can raise and hide behind the third pillar whenever Blink squeaks 'Here it comes!'. Shout at anyone who is standing on the pillar and making you potentially die.

Note 4: Blink will not be completely bonked once you raise the pillar. Resume your old positions immediately if it disappears and get ready to raise pillars again.

Note 5: The layout (where the entrance and exit is) will not necessarily always be in the same place as in the diagram. The only constant is that Blink runs north and east.

I don't think protection prayers or summons are particularly important on Blink. Just melee it with piety or turmoil until kingdom come. This is just a draft method.

I'm suggesting this because people seem to approach Blink rather randomly, hoping to get lucky that Blink comes your way and raising the back pillars.

sweepsig.png

Something I have been wondering, if you're asked by the keyer to go and make a potion and immediately after the keyer calls ggs gd is it better to continue making the pot or go to the gd?

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Something I have been wondering, if you're asked by the keyer to go and make a potion and immediately after the keyer calls ggs gd is it better to continue making the pot or go to the gd?

Make the potion. Ideally you'd be able to gate at or near the farming patch and you can do both. If the keyer tells you to stop working on the potion, though, stop.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'd say to get all ingredients(assuming you buy from shop and fill vials), then teleport to gd and immediately after the gd go do your door. If it takes farming you first plant seed, then do gd, then buy ingredients/vials and then open your door. I would suggest all higher level herblorist buy claw, moss and whiskey from the shop as soon as they can and fill 2-3 vials with water. As getting herbs from drops and chests is quite easy, this can save you alot of time farming or teleporting to base to get ingredients/water. The goal is to waste as little time on the pot as possible and to not miss out on any gd's.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Had a read through the thread when Runescape was down, very much like the mentality of the clan. This thread also seems to be one of the sole places where DG (effciency) is discussed- in excess. :thumbsup: Righly so,it is the (only) skill that actually has some variety to it, apart from possibly slayer and even then the only point of discussion are (optima)l slayer lists. There really is a lack of discssion when it comes to DG, so this definetly has been an enthralling read.

Hence I felt there was no better place to to put this unorthodox bind list (at 120<) to a test: P2h,Hex, Blood Necklace, Saga Body. I really do think the hood is overrated, I think with normal prayers (which is a must anyway with a hex) you can tank doors with range prayer,and if more mage defence is really needed flick on augury for that extra 25% made def. In turn prayers also allow for rigour flicking and piety in all honesty is no worse to turm (when flicked).Another reason being you have to un-hood yourself anyway if you want your BN to shine,so it further negates the need for a hood. To finish it off T10 Sniper/T10 Zerker.

Now I've put this to a 3bo friend of mine, who is nearing 120 and contemplating a new bind list,to put it lighly he thought I was mad, I guess some are too set in their ways. :wall:

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks. :smile:

This is actually something very interesting which i've also wandered about. In the old days noone used to have hoods and it really wasn't a massive problem with abandoned floors, which leads to some interesting discussions. But first 2 interesting notes about the hood:

The more people have a hood in a team the more necessary one becomes. We are used to lower levels without one getting raped, but that's mostly because the damage isn't shared between the team, which it would be assuming the others also didn't have hoods.

The more binds you can have, the less useful a hood becomes. Most of the usefulness comes from having 2-3 binds, but with 4-5 binds(assuming we are getting a new one) i believe all 120 teams would be well served without them.

One problem that i do see with the proposed binds is that you favor a blood necklace, which i don't think offers much for a hex user. If you are going to not have a hood, plate and body armor is almost 100% necessary, and the sag chaps would add more for a hex user. With either sag body, chaps or prim plate, legs, your mage/range def would be high enough to allow you to tank those styles and be basically protected from all combat styles very well, aswell as have useful binds against bosses. I believe no matter what a hood bind would always be a must for keyers as it can prevent a large portion of damage, but for DPS, a hood bind doesn't have such significance and being unhooded, assuming all your team are aswell, could share all the damage equally, be better than if they did have hoods(and have someone always tank a monster) with more turmoil flashing. The problem with all this that although it might be better(one drawback is mime rooms, but they would take around 20 seconds to clear usually), i doubt many would actually go out and test this as it requires many high level dungeoneers to destroy their hoods without knowing if it will actually be better.

As for hex, as already discussed, sniper>desperado(but for bosses) and leech ranged/def> rigour(but for bosses).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Offensively speaking, sagi body has 25 more ranged attack in exchange for 21 less melee attack and 11 less melee strength, and 40 less hp drain to everything around you per 15 seconds. The blood necklace slot is also irreplacable, whereas most players can make themselves a megaleather body that's only 6 ranged attack inferior to sagittarian.

Binding a sag body over a blood necklace is a bad idea for anyone, IMO.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

So if hex doesn't get damage bonus from rigour or desperado, what about ranged pots and the type of arrows you use?

Novite arrows are very cheap and apparently amount of ammo is a bit of an issue, so I was wondering if these work the same as sag arrows with hex.

Also, novite arrows would theoretically have the same accuracy since I don't think ranged strength affects accuracy at all, right?

Desperado, rigour, and ranged pots all give it an accuracy bonus though, right? Just the damage bonus doesn't stack?

(So sniper & soul split are better)

Also what's this about desperado working on bosses? Did you mean "hex does not receive the damage bonus from desperado but the accuracy bonus matters more on bosses because they have high defense"?

AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.pngOccultHeroKeyer21.png

Offensively speaking, sagi body has 25 more ranged attack in exchange for 21 less melee attack and 11 less melee strength, and 40 less hp drain to everything around you per 15 seconds. The blood necklace slot is also irreplacable, whereas most players can make themselves a megaleather body that's only 6 ranged attack inferior to sagittarian.

Binding a sag body over a blood necklace is a bad idea for anyone, IMO.

As you probably already know, a loss of 10 (not 21, taking of sagi body is NOT a lot of work considering we turm flash) accuracy is not very significant for melee dps, especially with a primal 2h. The melee strength and 40 hp drain is obviously something to consider, but sagitarrian body offers incredible defense; allowing you to tank mage or range attacks much better than without an armor bind, which is obviously helpful. Making leather bodies is generally very time consuming because you need to hunt at least 2 dinos without using any hides, and chaps ar emuch more practical.

I'd say for anyone who does a decent amount of keying and is a hood-trick sucking and always-mage-praying noob, sagitarrian body would be better. Blood neck is superior for dpsing, obviously. If I ran into a blood neck with 4 binds though, I'd give it to someone who'd make more use out of it since I tend to key quite a bit.

So if hex doesn't get damage bonus from rigour or desperado, what about ranged pots and the type of arrows you use?

Novite arrows are very cheap and apparently amount of ammo is a bit of an issue, so I was wondering if these work the same as sag arrows with hex.

Also, novite arrows would theoretically have the same accuracy since I don't think ranged strength affects accuracy at all, right?

Desperado, rigour, and ranged pots all give it an accuracy bonus though, right? Just the damage bonus doesn't stack?

(So sniper & soul split are better)

Also what's this about desperado working on bosses? Did you mean "hex does not receive the damage bonus from desperado but the accuracy bonus matters more on bosses because they have high defense"?

Novite arrows max @ 113. The accuracy is the same.

Desperado only works on bosses. Most bosses that are hexed have low defense anyways, and are ragered on top of that. Rigour only works on bosses; same rules apply. The accuracy bonuses aren't too significant. Ranged pots give a hefty increase of damage and accuracy though. Ranged pots + Rigour/Ranged Leech + Desperado ALL stack ; You can hit above 550 in the right circumstances agasint bosses.

(Yes sniper/ss are better, especially if you're like me and ss flick and preserve prayer a lot)

Any bow hits 188 with sagitarrian arrows as it's normal max hit.

Desperado increases this by 20%, bringing it up to 225/226 as it's max.

Magic levels are THOUGHT to give ranged levels to a hex user (As Grimy, others and I have concluded) which is why you hit 338 on forgotten mages.

If you were on desperado, the 20% damage increase would only apply to the initial max (188-->225 + Magic level boosts rather than 188+ Magic level boosts +20%)

But for some reason, the 20% gets applies AFTER adding magic levels on bosses. We don't know why. That's why desperado is only better on bosses.

ZMFg2.jpg

Huh? :3 Has DGS got to the point where it's aimed at more higher levels and those DGSing are the ones in the clan? Ooooor.... :ohnoes:

I wouldn't say being able to do floors 30+ is aimed at higher levels. A really promising keyer (jedi) was sub 80 before he came to dgs. He had the right attitude and could key well so he fit in perfectly.

The reason we're closing dg sweepers cc is so we can use the Dgs cc with all the snazzy new ranks (and whats the point in having 2 ccs?)

Just throwing this out there, but that kinda seems unfair to dgsweepers who already have a clan.

I realize my observations on this matter carry limited weight, as i'm unfortunately not a part of the community (I never joined due to the fact that my Berserker is still tier-8 and the front-post emphasises that +100 dgers must have tier 9 or better, sadly), but speaking from this perspective, I would have to say that I am rather discouraged from joining in the future if I have to leave my current community to consistently participate with DGSweepers. Just my thoughts.

Just throwing this out there, but that kinda seems unfair to dgsweepers who already have a clan.

I realize my observations on this matter carry limited weight, as i'm unfortunately not a part of the community (I never joined due to the fact that my Berserker is still tier-8 and the front-post emphasises that +100 dgers must have tier 9 or better, sadly), but speaking from this perspective, I would have to say that I am rather discouraged from joining in the future if I have to leave my current community to consistently participate with DGSweepers. Just my thoughts.

We know there are quite a few people with other clans that take priority over DGS. You can still use the DGS Clan Chat as a Guest though, rather than leaving your current clan.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

^ That. One of our ranked keyers is even part of a different clan. The only downside to not being an "official" clan member is not having access to the RS forum (and I'm not sure that's really a downside yet). Otherwise, you can continue dging with us as normal.

Er, I guess you would if you'd upgrade your ring. Is it that you don't have the tokens currently? I wouldn't mind you dging with us as long as you got it as soon as possible. It's only 50k-ish tokens.

dgs5.jpg

^ That. One of our ranked keyers is even part of a different clan. The only downside to not being an "official" clan member is not having access to the RS forum (and I'm not sure that's really a downside yet). Otherwise, you can continue dging with us as normal.

Er, I guess you would if you'd upgrade your ring. Is it that you don't have the tokens currently? I wouldn't mind you dging with us as long as you got it as soon as possible. It's only 50k-ish tokens.

Yeah, I've been concerned about the same thing. It has deterred me from actually becoming a ranked keyer in DGS, since it is now impossible to be ranked in two separate clans. IMO all this update does is destroy the concept of multi clanning, as many people are moving away from the "friend's chat" anyways.

Pfohlol.png

110704234418.png

Yeah, I've been concerned about the same thing. It has deterred me from actually becoming a ranked keyer in DGS, since it is now impossible to be ranked in two separate clans. IMO all this update does is destroy the concept of multi clanning, as many people are moving away from the "friend

s chat" anyways.

Yeah, it really bothers me. Definitely a lot to get used to. My biggest problem with the old chats wasn't even fixed with these new ones, so I'm pretty underwhelmed, and maybe a little disappointed. We're still trying to work everything out.

dgs5.jpg

Yeah, I've been concerned about the same thing. It has deterred me from actually becoming a ranked keyer in DGS, since it is now impossible to be ranked in two separate clans. IMO all this update does is destroy the concept of multi clanning, as many people are moving away from the "friend's chat" anyways.

I think it would be ok if they added a single 'ranked friend' rank, so you can at least be acknowledged and identified 'seperate' to other guests (as ranked keyers are to normal clan members)

Then you still only have one full clan membership, but you can play an active part in other clans

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

Why can't they simply do it like done in irc: you can join any channel and be given any rank in any amount of channels: as long as the admin allows it.. Would also prevent random strangers from joining dgs.. Last time I was in a dg with 2 people who didn't even know "tip.it".

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Their issue is the highscores, because if you could join any clan you'd go under each of their highscore ratings.

Definitely can be worked around, but you know Jagex...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Two questions questions:

firstly, could any of the rankeds invite me to dgs, atm I can only follow chat on RS and I haven't quite figured the whole thing out yet. Buth when I'm slaying it's nice to be bale to take time off and DG + always good conversation goin.

Secondly to the more experienced ppl out there, as I am slaying for charms and slay 99 atm, is herbicide worth getting or no? I have all the other rewards that I need atm + 2 chaotics.

Purekilljoy.png

Meh, herbicide isn't efficient but it's a lot of fun :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Hey,

I would like to try some more professional dungeoneering, is there a chance for me to join sweepers and get myself up to maybe chaotics?

The lvl 42 I made so far was all solo, I know teams are alot faster but I couldnt find a good clan so far.

I have been on tip.it for many years, just never made a forum account.

Thanks in advance.

My lvl 138 combat blog!

35.321 to 99 prayer(25-08-2011)

Hey,

I would like to try some more professional dungeoneering, is there a chance for me to join sweepers and get myself up to maybe chaotics?

The lvl 42 I made so far was all solo, I know teams are alot faster but I couldnt find a good clan so far.

Thanks in advance.

It's extremely difficult to find teams at low dungeoneering levels, unfortunately. You're best off soloing to floor 30 and then seeking out abandoned floors in DGS. When you hit occults it's much easier, and f45 is when you really start being able to be in the pro floors.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Hey,

Thanks in advance.

It's extremely difficult to find teams at low dungeoneering levels, unfortunately. You're best off soloing to floor 30 and then seeking out abandoned floors in DGS. When you hit occults it's much easier, and f45 is when you really start being able to be in the pro floors.

Well let me try that then up to lvl 59, I just heard exp in groups is alot better. You maybe got a link for a good solo guide to dungeoneering?

My lvl 138 combat blog!

35.321 to 99 prayer(25-08-2011)