Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there actually a way to make clear you have read the guidelines and such? Because i have did so and joined a few floors with dgs but i would prob still be seen as a randomer (and i find that actually semi- correct). What has one to do btw to get the lowest rank in the cc?

If the leaders see you dging often and you request a rank we may give you one. It does nothing apart from giving you the cape and vexillium.

C1Geq.png

This is a post so I'm not considered a randomer.

OT: Thanks to dgs for finally getting me a hood yesterday :thumbsup: .

And I'll bind a CSB when I get one.

After sleeping on it, here is my NEW dealing with randoms idea:

Everyone starts the clan as unranked. When ranked keyer teams form up, they may have a maximum of ONE unranked member unless there's really just nobody else on. Ideally the team would have one ranked keyer and one ranked wingman to keep an eye on the unrank. The star rank(s) on the team decide based on that floor whether the new member is too horrible to stay in DGS or not, remembering that it's not about making mistakes, it's about the will to improve. If the unrank is polite and quick to do what they're asked, they earn a banana. If they're rude, selfish, or other no-nos, they take a 6 month vacation and can reapply at that time.

That way, every banana rank is a certified non-idiot, and people know that unranks might not be the best addition to the team.

Note that this does not prevent unranks from joining/hosting floors while they're waiting to be reviewed.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

After sleeping on it, here is my NEW dealing with randoms idea:

Everyone starts the clan as unranked. When ranked keyer teams form up, they may have a maximum of ONE unranked member unless there's really just nobody else on. Ideally the team would have one ranked keyer and one ranked wingman to keep an eye on the unrank. The star rank(s) on the team decide based on that floor whether the new member is too horrible to stay in DGS or not, remembering that it's not about making mistakes, it's about the will to improve. If the unrank is polite and quick to do what they're asked, they earn a banana. If they're rude, selfish, or other no-nos, they take a 6 month vacation and can reapply at that time.

That way, every banana rank is a certified non-idiot, and people know that unranks might not be the best addition to the team.

Note that this does not prevent unranks from joining/hosting floors while they're waiting to be reviewed.

That still hurts people like me who have a clan that they're already subscribed to and do not wish to leave it. Personally, I don't believe members or potential-members should be penalized for being in another clan or community.

I really don't see any pro's to creating a clan. The influx of new people is just killing the dgs community (not that i think i'm better than people joining after the clan update, no, i'm not, i'm probably a worse dger). [cabbage]load new people = more people to teach = slower dungeons.

While im still a newb and i'm going to get flamed for even trying to say anything, i'm going to have to say that i liked dgs better before the update.

Hell, people were (the regulars) a lot friendlier a week ago.

So, I don't really get why the clan was created.

or im just butthurt that i can't get an invite

6 months seems a little harsh. I propose a lighter sentence if this option is taken up.

Part of the problem is that we need a way to ease moderator load. Being in the top 10 ish clans gets you a lot of attention. A lot of attention means we can, and on some level have to, be very picky about the kind of individuals we take. If they can reapply every week, it both gives less incentive for them to do well the first time, and lets the same idiots waste time weekly.

As for the multiclanning problem... bleh. More obstacles set up by Jagex. Not sure what to do about that.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I really don't see any pro's to creating a clan. The influx of new people is just killing the dgs community (not that i think i'm better than people joining after the clan update, no, i'm not, i'm probably a worse dger).

Hell, people were (the regulars) a lot friendlier a week ago.

or im just butthurt that i can't get an invite

I agree. Grimy and Jimi like it though, and there's not a lot we can do about the admin and the head keyer both wanting something.

Yeah 6 months is a little harsh, also not taking into account the fact that some people can't be ranked due to other clan commitments.

Maybe not 6 months, but I would recommend a timeframe that the majority of scapers would consider ridiculous.

Naaxi.png

Yeah 6 months is a little harsh, also not taking into account the fact that some people can't be ranked due to other clan commitments.

Maybe not 6 months, but I would recommend a timeframe that the majority of scapers would consider ridiculous.

So what, like, 7 hours?

This is a post so I'm not considered a randomer.

OT: Thanks to dgs for finally getting me a hood yesterday :thumbsup: .

And I'll bind a CSB when I get one.

rsn?

Was gonna edit it into my profile after I finished the dung I was in. It's good now.

At topic above: I wouldn't mind the system above, the only problem is multiclanning. But seeing as Jagex is pretty focused on updating and patching clan systems right now (like dg was), I don't think it'd be a bad idea to wait for it to be fixed. But then again, they have surprised us before, and I wouldn't mind if you instated the ranked thing tomorrow.

So what, like, 7 hours?

Lol'ed irl xD. Maybe a couple of weeks?

Hamstie.png

Well for green's idea: would a "list" not simply work? - if it's a quick lookup list (just a wep page with only names) a ctrl+f can so fast find if the person in question is a "member"?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Why can't Jagex ever introduce a new system without imposing pointless restrictions that make it obsolete? :mellow:

because this is Jagex we're talking about. We're lucky if nothing breaks during an update....sure speaks for their competence.

What I can't figure out is why does Jagex continue to hire such crappy programmers? #-o No other software-based company I can think of has a track record as bad as Jagex.

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

Why can't Jagex ever introduce a new system without imposing pointless restrictions that make it obsolete? :mellow:

because this is Jagex we're talking about. We're lucky if nothing breaks during an update....sure speaks for their competence.

What I can't figure out is why does Jagex continue to hire such crappy programmers? #-o No other software-based company I can think of has a track record as bad as Jagex.

this is a blatantly false statement. Runescape is surprisingly bug-free for it's size (partially this is caused by JAVA which prevents them having to spent time on more difficult memory management). The software they produce is of very solid quality.

What you can discus however is the that the design isn't well thought out; and they should maybe spent some time on getting a software engineer with a good background - to supervise the interface development.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I would just like to make everyone aware that DGS may be relocated. And this time it's serious. At our core we were always about helping Tip.iters get better at Dungeoneering, but I'm not sure how we can continue to cater specifically to Tip.iters when it's more than likely that we'll all be banned soon for speaking our minds and pushing for a change.

For now, any rule changes to DGS can be found here: http://services.runescape.com/m=clan-home/clan/DGS

I highly advise anyone looking for help and advice in regards to Dungeoneering or anything else to visit the link in my signature, or if you're already a DGS recruit, the DGS page.

I'll let everyone know what's going on when we get something concrete. My sincerest apologies to all Tip.iters affected by these changes (both in regards to DGS and the helpful people who are leaving or have been forced out).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Can one of the DGS admins/leaders tell me if I'm blacklisted for the little quarrel in Questionnaires from a few weeks/months ago? I'm not here for an argument, but just genuinely wondering...

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato