Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

The hood has to be considered when you need to solve a puzzle room tanking as few monsters as possible. Mimes make an obvious challenge without hood, as you'll have to end up clearing the whole room to continue with the dungeon.

Also, regard mages which use entangle, as celestials will still hit rather often (+83 magic attack vs +100 magic defence). Tanking out a room while entangled for 15 seconds is really not fun.

The blood necklace thing is not an issue, since good BN users know how to position themselves in a room for maximum effect, such as dragging melee monsters towards ranged ones.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a read through the thread when Runescape was down, very much like the mentality of the clan. This thread also seems to be one of the sole places where DG (effciency) is discussed- in excess. :thumbsup: Righly so,it is the (only) skill that actually has some variety to it, apart from possibly slayer and even then the only point of discussion are (optima)l slayer lists. There really is a lack of discssion when it comes to DG, so this definetly has been an enthralling read.

Hence I felt there was no better place to to put this unorthodox bind list (at 120<) to a test: P2h,Hex, Blood Necklace, Saga Body. I really do think the hood is overrated, I think with normal prayers (which is a must anyway with a hex) you can tank doors with range prayer,and if more mage defence is really needed flick on augury for that extra 25% made def. In turn prayers also allow for rigour flicking and piety in all honesty is no worse to turm (when flicked).Another reason being you have to un-hood yourself anyway if you want your BN to shine,so it further negates the need for a hood. To finish it off T10 Sniper/T10 Zerker.

Now I've put this to a 3bo friend of mine, who is nearing 120 and contemplating a new bind list,to put it lighly he thought I was mad, I guess some are too set in their ways. :wall:

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks. :smile:

The hood is important for reasons other than damage reduction. Lots of hoodsafe or near-hoodsafe puzzle rooms become rape rooms when you're unhooded, which makes you essentially worthless for doing puzzle rooms compared to a hooded player. Every mime room would have to be cleared just for you. It would also just use a ton more food running around the map if every single forgotten ranger and zombie/skele wants you, not to mention the prayer lost by being the only player without a hood in every single GD.

It's just not worth it- you'll slow the floor down and die a lot.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Mommy I'm Hungry! - Key any 5:5 Large Abandoned, Occult, or Warped floor eating NO FOOD
Too easy to get on purpose, while not doing anything particularly well.. Maybe add the constrict: maximum deaths of 2?

Door............Lag - Cause doorlag that kills another member
Anyone teaming with me would get that award :P (I tend to lag for 3-5 seconds on US-based worlds).

On a more serious note: I remember 1 time (first time thundy for me :P), we did thundy and 1 person was doing the last skill door. He warned: "doorlag", though before we got into safety the door was opened, and guess what thunderous did during this lag? 4 deaths -.- :P

To add to the hood discussion:

Once I got a hood I saw I could shave around 20 minutes from my average time! - Without any extra efford.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

A few more ideas for dungeoneering medals, some positive, some negative.

Mommy I'm Hungry! - Key any 5:5 Large Abandoned, Occult, or Warped floor eating NO FOOD

An Hero - Die the maximum amount of times LEGITIMATELY (not [bleep]ing around and dying on purpose)

Easy, Peasy, Japanesy - Get the "It's too Easy" title 3 times in a row on any run of 5:5 Large Abandoned, Occult, or Warped floors.

Do the Bladewing - Perform so badly in DGS that you get banned from the CC

Door............Lag - Cause doorlag that kills another member

Go, Magikarp - Make any familiar other than a bloodrager or a combat familiar in certain circumstances (e.g. slingers on Necro.)

I definately call dibs on door lag!

Purekilljoy.png

Hey everyone, here's some info on changes to DGS in regards to the clan updates:

- You can now be in three chats at once: friend chat, clan chat, and guest clan chat.

- Under the new system, the DG Sweepers chat is a friend chat.

- The clan chat for DGS is . . . DGS.

- You'll have to join DGS as a guest at first.

- If you want to DGS to be your "clan," ask an admin to invite you (must do this "in person" in-game). Once you're invited you'll have access to the cape and banner, but other than that there's no benefit.

- We'll be closing the DG Sweepers chat very soon. I know. Very confusing.

- We're changing certain ranks around to give more people kick/ban powers in the chat. We were hoping that the update would allow us to select specific people, but this is not the case. As such, the ranks are going to be very messy. <_<

New chat mods are:

Enaid Anwen

Zaaptastic

Gwynrwyn

Rykudo

However, they still retain their original titles as keyers and wingmen/women.

Love,

Jimi / Obtaurian

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Hey everyone, here's some info on changes to DGS in regards to the clan updates:

- You can now be in three chats at once: friend chat, clan chat, and guest clan chat.

- If you want to DGS to be your "clan," ask an admin to invite you (must do this "in person" in-game). Once you're invited you'll have access to the cape and banner, but other than that there's no benefit.

- We're changing certain ranks around to give more people kick/ban powers in the chat. We were hoping that the update would allow us to select specific people, but this is not the case. As such, the ranks are going to be very messy. <_<

New chat mods are:

Enaid Anwen

Zaaptastic

Gwynrwyn

Rykudo

Love,

Jimi / Obtaurian

O I took some artificial supplement, can I be a wingman now?

redbullcan11.jpg

The ad said it'd give me wings. Nothing yet.

OR YOU COULD JUST GIVE ME CHAT POWERS TO ABUSE BECAUSE I'M THE BEST AT ABUSING POWER AND ALSO TALKING ALL IN CAPTIALS BUT REMEMBER WHEN I TALK IN CAPITALS I TEND TO RANT BECAUSE JUST SEEING THE TEXT ON THE SCREEN ALL IN BIG LETTERS SEEMS TO EXCITE AND STIMULATE ME, WELL NOT IN THAT WAY BUT I CAN SEE HOW IT COULD BE MISCONSTRUED, THESE FORUMS ARE GOING FURTHER AND FURTHER INTO THE GUTTER EACH DAY AND I'M FRANKLY GETTING SICK OF IT BECAUSE I COME TO THESE FORUMS TO HAVE INTELLIGENT DISCUSSIONS ABOUT ALL THINGS 'SCAPE BUT I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO BE TOO HONEST OTHERWISE I COULD WIND UP GETTING BANNED AND I KNOW EVERYONE COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT ME, OH NO NOW I SOUND BIG HEADED AND I'M REALLY NOT, I'M A COOL GUY, I HAVE A LOT OF INTERESTING HOBBIES, I ENJOY LISTENING TO JUSTIN BIEBER AND WATCHING JUSTIN BIEBER ON YOUTUBE AND GOING TO SEE JUSTIN BIEBER LIVE AND STALKING JUSTIN BIEBER AND MAKING A LIFE SIZED DOLL OF JUSTIN BIEBER AND HAVING A FAKE MARRIAGE TO THE DOLL OF JUSTIN BIEBER AND HAVING LITTLE DOLL JUSTIN BIEBER BABIES, WHICH INHERIT HIS SINGING TALENT AND MY STALKING TALENT SO THEY GROW UP TO STALK PEOPLE WHILE SINGING TO THEM, AND SPEAKING OF STALKERS I WOULD TOTALLY STALK YOU IF YOU GAVE ME THE POSITION OF CHAT MOD!!!!

Must. Lie. Down. Too. Much. REDBULL!

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

hold him down and insert the probe.

YAY

YAY

YAYAY

YAYAYAY

PROBE

BATMAN!!!!!

RED BULL MAY GIVE YOU WINGS, BUT POWERTHIRST GIVES YOU BIRDS!!!

BIRDS ALL OVER YOUR BODY, BIRDS BIRDS BIRDS!!!

YOU'RE THE BIRDMAN!!!!!

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Had a read through the thread when Runescape was down, very much like the mentality of the clan. This thread also seems to be one of the sole places where DG (effciency) is discussed- in excess. :thumbsup: Righly so,it is the (only) skill that actually has some variety to it, apart from possibly slayer and even then the only point of discussion are (optima)l slayer lists. There really is a lack of discssion when it comes to DG, so this definetly has been an enthralling read.

Hence I felt there was no better place to to put this unorthodox bind list (at 120<) to a test: P2h,Hex, Blood Necklace, Saga Body. I really do think the hood is overrated, I think with normal prayers (which is a must anyway with a hex) you can tank doors with range prayer,and if more mage defence is really needed flick on augury for that extra 25% made def. In turn prayers also allow for rigour flicking and piety in all honesty is no worse to turm (when flicked).Another reason being you have to un-hood yourself anyway if you want your BN to shine,so it further negates the need for a hood. To finish it off T10 Sniper/T10 Zerker.

Now I've put this to a 3bo friend of mine, who is nearing 120 and contemplating a new bind list,to put it lighly he thought I was mad, I guess some are too set in their ways. :wall:

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks. :smile:

Sag body is only really worth it if you're dps and have a hex bound. Otherwise the plate allows for much better protection from all three with prot/deflect mage.

I haven't heard anything about using normal prayers for hexing, but piet is definitely not[/] "just as good" as turmoil. Not only do you lose soul split which makes food much less of a bother but the boost turmoil gives to str over piety's boost alone makes it better...

Unhooding isn't an issue, i sometimes do it if I've got food/full prayer and a team mate is about to die from being piled and I don't have a bn. And the times where you want to keep the hood will save more than enough time to justify keeping it even if you unhood often.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Actually, if you prayer flash, piety's boost is better than the initial boost you're getting with turm. I also haven't checked, but it's well possible that a lot of ranged/magic monsters don't have high enough att/str stats to make turmoil match piety either. And of course, rigour wrecks for hexing. No SS though :(

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Rigour doesn't stack with the Hex effect

Are you sure? Because Final was using it last night and seemed pretty convinced that it works. I don't think he's a hex noob either.

Actually, if you prayer flash, piety's boost is better than the initial boost you're getting with turm. I also haven't checked, but it's well possible that a lot of ranged/magic monsters don't have high enough att/str stats to make turmoil match piety either. And of course, rigour wrecks for hexing. No SS though :(

So the question is does giving up soul split for the "minor" dip you get while flashing justify the small boost you get from piety and the big boost you get from eagle eye/rigour. Probably very subjective to how good you are at avoiding damage.

And of course for bosses where you would leave turmoil on the whole time for the full boost to take effect that's not an issue.

witchynosaur.png

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

Hey, just so everyone knows, every "official" Runescape clan has a private forum on the main Runescape site. It's pretty simple, but it could potentially be very useful for DGS. You'll find the keyer application there, too.

http://services.runescape.com/m=clan-home/c=vcrTyWx75fU/clan/DGS

EDIT: Reposting this for good measure:

New chat mods are:

Enaid Anwen

Zaaptastic

Gwynrwyn

Rykudo

Rocked

Love,

Jimi / Obtaurian

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Huh? :3 Has DGS got to the point where it's aimed at more higher levels and those DGSing are the ones in the clan? Ooooor.... :ohnoes:

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Huh? :3 Has DGS got to the point where it's aimed at more higher levels and those DGSing are the ones in the clan? Ooooor.... :ohnoes:

No, you just need to join the New clan chat.

Anyways

108dung.png

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png