Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

You guys are going to make me work for my hypothetical hex drop now? :rolleyes: *Binds a strong Survivalist potion*

Doesn't positing the Guideline-check on page 85 mean I could get away without reading the guidelines? :wink:

*makes a note to get the last 250k to 92 slayer ASAP so he can use standard survivalist potions to boost to 99*

As long as you do damage to the monster it's ok for you to take the drop. Most likely, a soulgazer would be killed before someone can muster up a survivalist pot, so it's of limited use. I think Tui will be quite opposed to this new rule...

I'd still rather Tui have a hex over most other DGS users.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are going to make me work for my hypothetical hex drop now? :rolleyes: *Binds a strong Survivalist potion*

Doesn't positing the Guideline-check on page 85 mean I could get away without reading the guidelines? :wink:

*makes a note to get the last 250k to 92 slayer ASAP so he can use standard survivalist potions to boost to 99*

As long as you do damage to the monster it's ok for you to take the drop. Most likely, a soulgazer would be killed before someone can muster up a survivalist pot, so it's of limited use. I think Tui will be quite opposed to this new rule...

I'd still rather Tui have a hex over most other DGS users.

Is she running around with neck now? I heard she broke plate.

Also, is that why I don't see her online often anymore :mellow:

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Is the DGS thread going to be moved to the metagame section of the forum?

Quite honestly this sounds like a great idea.

can we add the 'But the bestest bind ever is a primal pick' to the main page of this thread in the binds section aswell?

add it to this Tip.it thread too?
We've never really had a problem with Tipiters not reading the thread. :P

If it becomes a problem they probably will. I personally think that Jimi should make the phrase non bolded, as I've looked at the DGS runescape page and the bolded text sticks out too much in my opinion.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I'll add it if it becomes a problem, and I'll unbold it on the DGS page. :thumbup:

We were hanging out in Daemonheim doing nothing when we saw a level 57 asking for a small f25, so we decided to join (all four of us 107-118 dungeoneering, three of us 138). He had an argonite 2h and a zeph plateskirt bound. A minute into the floor someone finds a night a spider . . . it happens to drop a hood. Made the guy's week:

bridgehood.png

What he says in the chatbox is hilarious because it sounds eerily similar to:

Jesus by the time I managed to get out of the starting room the dungeon was over!

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Ok so deflect curses and vengeance work ?

Noted. :D

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

Reword that to damage the monster with a weapon you can have equipped, OK? Smartass :P

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you need the required slayer level for knockback damage.

Maybe you can cast vengeance on the person who has 99 slayer and technically do damage that way. :rolleyes:

Well...every time I find magebane in a dungeon, i'm going to carry around firebreath whisky and a water-filled vial..just in case. :unsure:

Recoil damage doesn't work if you don't have the required slayer level to damage the monster.

I heard that blood necklace does, though. But it doesn't count. It would also take forever to kill it, and if you were sitting in a denk instead of keying for 5 mins people might wonder what's up.

AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.pngOccultHeroKeyer21.png

W00t, 80 dungeoneering. Thanks DGS!

Even though my initial goal was rapier i don't even care about it anymore. Dungeoneering is the only thing i want to do on rs now.

That's what DGS does to you. :P

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

W00t, 80 dungeoneering. Thanks DGS!Even though my initial goal was rapier i don't even care about it anymore. Dungeoneering is the only thing i want to do on rs now.
That's what DGS does to you. :P

Thats what happened to me too :thumbup: . Except my goal wasn't rapier, just getting higher levels in it.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Trolling aside, I'll take this as an opportunity to reiterate what the guidelines say.

Dungeon Sweepers? Wannabe 3 Binds Only tbh...

We don't allow non-keyers to bind plates and non-hexers to bind arrows, we prefer speed and efficiency, and place a lot of emphasis on teaching people. Our average teams do ~30 minute floors (that's mostly people below 100 dungeoneering, mind you) and our warped 3-bind teams do 20-25 minute floors. Very unlike 3BO, really.

What's the point in making new clans??

Because no other clan serves the same purpose.

I guess you either sucked at Dung

Nope.

and had to make your own clan to find your own team,

Nein.

got kicked out of 3 Binds Only,

A handful of us have to use 3BO for our high warpeds, unfortunately.

or maybe it was because you stole the name Trollgazer.

Can't steal something that's readily available.

Now you'll tell on me for stating the truth, just because I've done it in a blunt way...

I'm not sure if ignorance counts as being blunt.

L2Dung

no u

EDIT: Oh ok, its for noobs below 3 binds. Carry on then.

It's a clan for pro dungeoneers and people who want to be pro dungeoneers. Doesn't get much better than that. :thumbup:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.