Giant Earthquake hits Japan

pennywise

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

An 8.9-magnitude earthquake hit Japan early Friday, triggering tsunami warnings and sending people fleeing out of buildings in the capital.

Its epicenter was 373 kilometers (231 miles) from Tokyo, the United States Geological Survey said.

Stream: http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/6810.htm

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am watching this live right now... Holy crud...

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Holy [bleep]. Hope everyone over there is okay. That's all I can really say. Holy [bleep].

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Apparently there was an aftershock right in Tokyo too?

Looks really bad from the live footage. Just saw a house where some people were waving towels frantically out the window to get the attention of the copter.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Apparently there was an aftershock right in Tokyo too?

Looks really bad from the live footage. Just saw a house where some people were waving towels frantically out the window to get the attention of the copter.

That chopper is not equiped to handle picking up people, unfortunately.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Wasn't there a 7.1 magnitude earthquake in the same area just the other day?

Anyway, it seems that this was the major earthquake that Japan has been preparing for for years? I remember reading that a major earthquake has been 70 years overdue for Japan. :?:

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

My grandparents live in Chiba, which is right next to Tokyo. We can't reach them.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

My grandparents live in Chiba, which is right next to Tokyo. We can't reach them.

Bad news dude, we're getting battered by waves right now. It's ridiculous.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Just watching the live coverage on BBC News 24, the images and videos are scary stuff especially the waves carrying burning buildings and massive debris.

Tsunami alerts are in place in Russia, Indonesia, The Philippines, New Zealand, Australia, Peru and Hawaii.

15950236.jpg

My thoughts go out to everyone affected.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Good on Google to have put the tsunami alert on the search page. :thumbup:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

:[ This is bad, so bad.

Now, maybe someone else here is knowledgeable on this subject, a youtube commentor left an interesting though. Apparently there was a HAARP testing today, and anytime there is a HAARP test something messed up like this happened. I have heard of HAARP before and it could make sense, I mean 10 years ago I don't recall these nasty disasters occurring so frequently.

/tinfoilhat

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Man, I feel really bad for those people. :unsure: It sucks to

have a very advanced country to suffer more than 20% of all major earthquakes.

Does it suck less when it's a "less advanced" country?

Hope the death toll stays pretty low...they're saying it's in the 40's at the moment.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Man, I feel really bad for those people. :unsure: It sucks to

have a very advanced country to suffer more than 20% of all major earthquakes.

Does it suck less when it's a "less advanced" country?

Admittedly it has lesser economic repercussions on other countries, but your point still stands.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I'd say it's better when it hits an "advanced" country. The death toll in Japan is minuscule compared to Haiti, for example...and they're much better equipped to deal with it. Obviously, ideally no earthquakes would hit at all...

polvCwJ.gif

There is also a red alert from one of the nuclear power plants not to far from Tokyo. The cooling generator for the reactor was damaged by the quake, and the entire station is at high risk for nuclear fallout. Currently all pro-cations are being taken to keep the station safe, but nothing can be guaranteed at the moment.

We have family in Japan, not far from Tokyo, and we were unable to reach them. I am really scared :(

There is also a red alert from one of the nuclear power plants not to far from Tokyo. The cooling generator for the reactor was damaged by the quake, and the entire station is at high risk for nuclear fallout. Currently all pro-cations are being taken to keep the station safe, but nothing can be guaranteed at the moment.

We have family in Japan, not far from Tokyo, and we were unable to reach them. I am really scared :(

That sucks :(

That's really bad news - hopefully they manage to shut it down properly...in a country as small as japan (land mass wise) an explosion at a power plant could be devastating.

polvCwJ.gif

Tsunami Alert for New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, and others. Waves expected over the next few hours, caused by 8.9 earthquake in Japan.

Man! This is scary stuff! :blink:

nyuseg.png