15-Mar-2011 - Ring of Wealth, Shanties, Trolls and Dungeoneering

Michael

Xpx, Seed prices have always been tied to the herb prices, and further to the pot prices. Profits should always stay relatively the same with farming herbs as the seeds will also go down as the price of herbs go down.

Will that be the case too when most of the supply of high end herbs comes from monster drops? You have got to remember that the herbs people mostly farm basically only came from farming(toad, snap and torstol), but now, there is a source that provides an equal or higher supply of those three herbs, cutting profits by atleast half, if not making it completely useless(seeing as you have to have juju farming potions to farm any herbs anyway). 5k drops of coal and 500 drops of raw sharks kill any chance those two skills had of making money(for reference, you can mine like 1k coal or 150 sharks in an hour). This is jagex basically saying: 'Oh f*** you, skillers'

Or in more modern terms, 'Oh f*** you, botters' :P

Hey, this makes a huge amount of sense! It does seem like a bot deterrent.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new drop table is kinda weird i guess we dont really have the choice :unsure: ... but like someone said above : Why are they cheapening skills when 3/4 of what nex drops value more then 99 herblore...I'm almost done with all buyables and ill probly never be able to make enough cash to buy any of those armors or ely/div but i been able to buy skills <.<

Karateka.pngsigtsg99rscaz7.png

I'd like to say to everyone going "[bleep] the skillers, if this makes MY game better and cheaper I don't care", you are the cancer that is killing Runescape. It's that sort of attitude that is why people leave this game, and this community. Training skills is a legitimate way of making money and it should NOT be negated by combat yet again. I'm getting sick to death of this, I honestly am. Jagex [bleep] up and smack skillers in the face once more and all people can do is go YAY because it makes things cheaper for THEM. We should NOT have to boss hunt or merch to make money.

I refuse to let the game be boiled down to just two things.

It is simply wrong.

Cant beat them, join them is the philosophy behind what I said.

Jagex has been spitting on skillers since Barrows came out (really the first time to my knowledge that killing was extremely overpower money making compared to skilling) and its only gotten exponentially worse since.

So why dont you step out of the swimming pool of Jagex's spit and join the killers and the merchents

This may well be the case of two rights making a wrong. Seriously.

You're both "right" – but neither of you is absolutely right. While I, too, a traditional skiller, am annoyed that Jagex has made consistent efforts, time and again, to turn Runescape into little more than a "boss-killer bonanza", it is abundantly clear that THAT is the trend that they intend to follow.

There has not been a decent "skill" update that comes to mind in a long whilem save and except those updates which will allow to further the process of "boss killing".

There, really, is no point in trying to be a skiller anymore. You cannot make sufficient cash at any given skill to maintain your other skill training. The only way to make the money needed to train skills is to boss kill.

Even Dungeoneering (which isn't a "skill") is more oriented to boss killing than anything else. Sure, you need to have good skill levels in all your skills for it, and yes you can train numerous skills – but the end result of DG is to obtain the goodies that will allow you to become a better boss killer.

*sighs*

As a result, I personally have decided to go over to the "dark side" (they have cookies!) and become a boss killer too. They way I figure it, boss killing will give me the cash to buy certain skills, anyways ...

------------------=============-------------------

On a side note: I spent last night killing Wyverns (I needed the bones for Super Prayer pots) and after every kill my RoW would "glow more brightly" -- to my knowledge, I did not obtain anything out of the usual last night, except perhaps a few more crimson charms than may be usual.

:rolleyes:

------------------=============-------------------

Also -- I highly recommend to *everyone* that they take the time and head over to the pubs in either Mos or Port Sarim, and have a listen to the new Shanties. They're terrible! Gawd awful! Which means their freaking awesome and hilarious!!!!!

:lol:

nyuseg.png

Honestly I'm glad skillers now have a hard time making money. We have to pay for expensive armor and whatnot, they have to pay for an axe. OH GODZ MY AXE IS NOW WORTHLES WAT AM I 2 DO!?

Death to skillers.

Skilling never made the amount of money combat did. I don't know what your talking about.

Not all skillers do it for money anyways.

kazmahalfsize.png

Or in more modern terms, 'Oh f*** you, botters' :P

Hey, this makes a huge amount of sense! It does seem like a bot deterrent.

Yup, makes a lot of sense.

Well, if there weren't bots for slayer it would. :razz:

It gives drops that are usually accumulated by botters, which makes botting less "valuable". I think that's what he's getting at. Not people botting slayer and getting the drops. If that were true, then it would be the opposite of a bot deterrent.

Staurolite.png

Honestly I'm glad skillers now have a hard time making money. We have to pay for expensive armor and whatnot, they have to pay for an axe. OH GODZ MY AXE IS NOW WORTHLES WAT AM I 2 DO!?

Death to skillers.

Skilling never made the amount of money combat did. I don't know what your talking about.

In 2001 the only way to obtain rune armor was to smith it. Bluerose13x (the first 99 smith) made money hand over fist, as did the few people that had 85 mining back then.

Crafters that could make the first diamond, then dragonstone amulets made lots of money as well.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Death to skillers.

Back in rsc, the top dogs were the ones smithing, providing people with their belowed rune weapons. After rs2 was introduced the ones with 91+ rc earned a lot.

From slayer, barrows and on it shifted a little. But with GWD in 2007, there has been no doubt.

And oh, skill capes helped change the focus over on xp from gp as well, one of the factors that contributed to the situation we have today.

Scherzo.png

Now for something a little less controversial:

Here I thought the Trolls from "King of the Dwarves" were just decked out in rocky armor, but it turns out they've been turned into mutant Gorons (or rocky cyborgs...) with natural or built-in armor.

So, it's an improvement over what they used to look like, but not quite the direction I would have gone. Then again, it's not my game, so I'll just have to accept it, like those gods-awfully fugly cannons...

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Typical

3 days after I bought a divine, should've known that they would use this to lower shield prices :rolleyes:

No wonder sigils dropped 25-75m the week before the update, jmod friends avoiding the wreckage as usual

According to Jagex, who would always know and post 100% reliable information on this subject (and have no reason and nothing to gain by saying this, being completely impartial towards this), there won't be any significant price changes of spirit shields, if there are any real changes at all (beyond, you know, the panic sellers of today)

They have the motivation of stopping people from quitting which is huge. Divine/Ely are down over 100m atm, we'll see if they stabilize again.

Today should be an utter embarrassment.

And to think, I was worried that I might have overdone it with my sarcasm...

Xpx, Seed prices have always been tied to the herb prices, and further to the pot prices. Profits should always stay relatively the same with farming herbs as the seeds will also go down as the price of herbs go down.

Will that be the case too when most of the supply of high end herbs comes from monster drops? You have got to remember that the herbs people mostly farm basically only came from farming(toad, snap and torstol), but now, there is a source that provides an equal or higher supply of those three herbs, cutting profits by atleast half, if not making it completely useless(seeing as you have to have juju farming potions to farm any herbs anyway). 5k drops of coal and 500 drops of raw sharks kill any chance those two skills had of making money(for reference, you can mine like 1k coal or 150 sharks in an hour). This is jagex basically saying: 'Oh f*** you, skillers'

cheaper herblore > skillers making money

They could easily have the ring of wealth double or triple herbs from farming. Or some other random item that does that for you. Make the juju farming potion work with this effect, note your herbs, last longer because herb runs would be longer. Oh, and how about massively increasing the drop rates of EXPENSIVE seeds?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

to open the effigies

in all seriousness, i never said that skills shouldn't all be important. i was just refuting the notion of "im a skiller my life is ruined boohoo we pay we say"

Hey -- it worked for PKers ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

I am getting the feeling we still don't know what the effect of ROW is.

The message that it shines brighter is with every drop. Which of those drops is now due to the ROW? You still get the same drops without.

You're hunting a monster that has a rare drop unique to it that Jagex decided to let the ROW influence.

The ring shines brightly whenever it makes an attempt to influence rare drops, be they monster unique drops (whip, claws, Nex armour, sigils etc) or rare drop table drops (gems, key halves etc).

When you're killing a slayer monster that Jagex deems has a desirable drop (Abyssals, Nechryael etc), the ring shines all the time, improving your odds of a desirable item for that one kill (whips, rune boots in this case).

Against other monsters, the ring only shines when you have made it to the rare drop table first, and then it does what it used to do (remove some the null drops from the rare drop table for that one kill).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It sucks that I make almost all of my money by farming Snapdragons.

GJ for ruining my absolute favorite skill in the game to give even more room to all the 138 bosshunters this game is almost totally filled with.

I wonder why Runescape is combat based when it's combat system is the dullest there is, click an enemy and watch as you kill it. On some cases you gotta even more or switch prayer that's it.

Why is it so cool?

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

The message that it shines brighter is with every drop. Which of those drops is now due to the ROW? You still get the same drops without.

You're hunting a monster that has a rare drop unique to it that Jagex decided to let the ROW influence.

The ring shines brightly whenever it makes an attempt to influence rare drops, be they monster unique drops (whip, claws, Nex armour, sigils etc) or rare drop table drops (gems, key halves etc).

When you're killing a slayer monster that Jagex deems has a desirable drop (Abyssals, Nechryael etc), the ring shines all the time, improving your odds of a desirable item for that one kill (whips, rune boots in this case).

Against other monsters, the ring only shines when you have made it to the rare drop table first, and then it does what it used to do (remove some the null drops from the rare drop table for that one kill).

Keeping in mind that, for some monsters a "no drop" is, for all intents and purposes, a "rare drop" ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

In 2001 the only way to obtain rune armor was to smith it. Bluerose13x (the first 99 smith) made money hand over fist, as did the few people that had 85 mining back then.

Crafters that could make the first diamond, then dragonstone amulets made lots of money as well.

Not all smiths and crafters were in Blueroses greedy group.

Some crafters always offered free crafting services to everyone bringing the ingredients to be crafted without demanding payment like the smiths did.

Keeping in mind that, for some monsters a "no drop" is, for all intents and purposes, a "rare drop" ... :rolleyes:

Actually, all the "no drops" are on the rare drop table.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Actually, all the "no drops" are on the rare drop table.

Yes -- which means that, when your ring shines more brightly you could, in fact, be getting "no drop" at all ...

Which goes a long way to explaining the quality of *my* drops. <_<

nyuseg.png

Some crafters always offered free crafting services to everyone bringing the ingredients to be crafted without demanding payment like the smiths did.

>Not offering a valuable service for free

>Greedy

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

So I went to bed and woke up, and skillers are still running around like chickens with their head chopped off.

I wish I was getting these drops as consistently as some of these people are making it out that they drop.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Point #1 - correct. Not everyone supported Bluerose's methods. The renegade smiths that tried to "break" the smithing monopoly mostly supported Musashi22, the second (IIRC) player to get up to the high 90's in smithing and provide rune armor. But my original point is this - back then, rune armor and weapons were the best of the best. The ONLY way to obtain them (especially weapons; over time more and more armor would become available in shops and as monster drops, and with the release of members dragon longswords and battleaxes as quest rewards) was by smithing. So for the golden period from July 2001 until February 2002, Bluerose was the largest supplier of top tier melee armor and weapons. She chose to profit (greatly) off of her skill, as I believe she should have. Just because someone decides to give away their craft for free does not mean that the method is not profitable - you could make, easily, the most money in the game at that time skilling, as opposed to monster hunting.

Same with crafting - just because people gave away products like diamond and dragonstone amulets for "free" (if you provided the materials) doesn't mean that they could profit greatly from it. That would be akin to today's bosshunters giving players free Bandos and Nex armors if they provided them the potions and food to hunt the bosses.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png