15-Mar-2011 - Ring of Wealth, Shanties, Trolls and Dungeoneering

Michael

110315170346.png

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you killing that gets you an extra 1M per hour? I'd like to know, kthx.

It was a randomly generated guess. But by looking at some of the drops, 10 palm seeds, 50+ torstols, 5000+ coal, and given the fact that they're not that rare I wouldn't think that I was too far off.

Now this might be a longshot, but since most of the drops are RAW materials, maybe this could be meant for processing skills to become profitable :shock:

You mean buyables? Oh yay! All this does is hurt the people at the bottom of the resource chain, the gatherer. Why should someone camping at Abby's for whips get as much coal in 1 drop as I get in 10 hours of mining? I'm all for cheaper skilling, but this is just increasing the gap between combat and skilling for money.

What are you killing that gets you an extra 1M per hour? I'd like to know, kthx.

It was a randomly generated guess. But by looking at some of the drops, 10 palm seeds, 50+ torstols, 5000+ coal, and given the fact that they're not that rare I wouldn't think that I was too far off.

A randomly generated guess but you have enough experience to extrapolate that you'd get an extra 1M GP a hour?

I get it, "huehuehue i trol u"

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Now this might be a longshot, but since most of the drops are RAW materials, maybe this could be meant for processing skills to become profitable :shock:

You mean buyables? Oh yay! All this does is hurt the people at the bottom of the resource chain, the gatherer. Why should someone camping at Abby's for whips get as much coal in 1 drop as I get in 10 hours of mining? I'm all for cheaper skilling, but this is just increasing the gap between combat and skilling for money.

Well if it was profitable, it wouldn't be called a "buyable". That term came up after people started "buying" skillcapes. Maybe this could change some of that?

Staurolite.png

A randomly generated guess but you have enough experience to extrapolate that you'd get an extra 1M GP a hour?

I get it, "huehuehue i trol u"

Okay, I'll admit. I made a mistake in my estimate. I'm not trying to troll, I was just going by what I've heard and seen as far as values and used a (apearantly wrong) drop rate that I assumed to be 1 good 'new drop table' drop per hour. I appologise.

Is there much point in fero rings now other than teleporting to kuradal now the row actually gives good stuff? Perhaps they should make fero ring act as a row instead of a rol.

Onyx (i) should function as a RoW too, now a waste of time to MA.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Is there much point in fero rings now other than teleporting to kuradal now the row actually gives good stuff? Perhaps they should make fero ring act as a row instead of a rol.

+ infinity

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Maybe incorporate a "luck" stat on rings, and say a wealth gives +10 luck, the (i) rings give a lesser/greater amount.

Salty_Shack.png

they did not fix the bind loss bug for dungeoneers. -_-

so it is still true that if you are dungeoneering when a world crashes that you drop all your item(b) on the floor and

when they reboot the world so that you can log in... you get your arrow(b) or rune(b) back... and thats it.

goodbye hexhunter.

goodbye blood necklace.

goodbye seeker charm.

those are the 3 things you can't really replace soloing.

everything else from primal 2h to guardian's ward you can replace soloing.

Awww missed on an hour of awesome drops. O well.

Lol @ all the people freaking out though. Big deal, not really different from climbing boots fiasco.

It is much different, especially since this has an effect on a huge part of the market. Shields seem to be returning to prices already though.

patr1ckotg1.png

they did not fix the bind loss bug for dungeoneers. -_-

so it is still true that if you are dungeoneering when a world crashes that you drop all your item(b) on the floor and

when they reboot the world so that you can log in... you get your arrow(b) or rune(b) back... and thats it.

goodbye hexhunter.

goodbye blood necklace.

goodbye seeker charm.

those are the 3 things you can't really replace soloing.

everything else from primal 2h to guardian's ward you can replace soloing.

You bound a seekers charm?

Well if it was profitable, it wouldn't be called a "buyable". That term came up after people started "buying" skillcapes. Maybe this could change some of that?

I only have 3 sellables left and then I'm maxed.

Me: Hey Jagex, want to buy my '05Focus for you to use as a company car?

J-mod: Um, 50 pounds?

Me: Um, no, that's pretty low.

J-mod: 100,000 pounds?

Me: You have no idea what a middle ground is, do you?

J-mod: How do you think I got this job?

<_<

I must have missed something but did someone say herb farming is going to suck now? If so that really sucks, I make the majority of my money herb farming........... So what I'm getting out of reading other posts is I now have to do combat or merch, neither of which I want to do right now, to make decent money. Yay for jagex and making another potentially good update just terrible.

The one thing I do like is buying 600 ring of wealth for 30k and selling them for 63k. :thumbup:

Well, either my Ring of Wealth is broken, or I really don't understand how it's meant to work now.

I've killed over 300 Abyssal Demons now and have got the "Your ring of wealth shines more brightly!" message after every drop, yet there is no difference to what the Abyssal Demons have been dropping today compared to what I was getting yesterday (aside from what seems to be fewer Crimson Charms.. unsure.gif)

I assume getting the message after every kill is a bug, because if this ring keeps getting brighter I'm going to be blind by the end of the week!

Aside from that, the ring's teleport to the Grand Exchange is extremely welcome; no more spellbook swap while on Lunars! biggrin.gif

L2housetab.

Seriously. I freaking love house tabs.

Oh, good. Monsters drop herbs/coal more often. Who needs mining/farming?

Farming profits should be somewhat resistant to influx of supply. But yeah I kind agree with you for farming.

As for mining, Mining is boring. I could care less if people stopped mining if jagex just replaced mining training with a new minigame like they've been doing with all the skills lately :P

anyways did anybody figure out what happens when the ring of wealth glows more brightly?

In an ideal world, that mining minigame would be used to get ores that server a useful purpose of some sort. But I see your point, the current mining system sucks.

Damn though, hope these drops get nerfed.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Looks like every high level monster except frost dragons got something added to their drop table...steels get 100+ torstol but frosts get an increased chance of a saphire or emerald. 150 kills and still nothing worth more than the bones.

Looks like every high level monster except frost dragons got something added to their drop table...steels get 100+ torstol but frosts get an increased chance of a saphire or emerald. 150 kills and still nothing worth more than the bones.

Lol.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Typical

3 days after I bought a divine, should've known that they would use this to lower shield prices :rolleyes:

No wonder sigils dropped 25-75m the week before the update, jmod friends avoiding the wreckage as usual

2496 Completionist

Typical

3 days after I bought a divine, should've known that they would use this to lower shield prices :rolleyes:

No wonder sigils dropped 25-75m the week before the update, jmod friends avoiding the wreckage as usual

According to Jagex, who would always know and post 100% reliable information on this subject (and have no reason and nothing to gain by saying this, being completely impartial towards this), there won't be any significant price changes of spirit shields, if there are any real changes at all (beyond, you know, the panic sellers of today)

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png

Typical

According to Jagex, who would always know and post 100% reliable information on this subject (and have no reason and nothing to gain by saying this, being completely impartial towards this), there won't be any significant price changes of spirit shields, if there are any real changes at all (beyond, you know, the panic sellers of today)

They have the motivation of stopping people from quitting which is huge. Divine/Ely are down over 100m atm, we'll see if they stabilize again.

Today should be an utter embarrassment.

2496 Completionist