15-Mar-2011 - Ring of Wealth, Shanties, Trolls and Dungeoneering

Michael

Number of people they'd have pissed off by rolling back would have been more than the number pissed off by not.

How do you know? Can you link me to the related survey? All I see here (as well as on the RSOF) are a couple of people gleefully trolling the masses of pissed-off people who are "jelly" about the whole sigil/torstol business.

The number of people who benefited/lost out from the glitch? Less than 1k most likely. The number of people that did other stuff during that 1 hour much more than 1k.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow. Those graphics really are sexy. I'm very impressed, Jagex <3

Your always impressed by Jagex :mellow:

Well that's a lie, perhaps in the past (when I was gonna marry MMG XD) but definitely not as much these days.

And those graphics ARE nice :unsure:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Well that's a lie, perhaps in the past (when I was gonna marry MMG XD) but definitely not as much these days.

And those graphics ARE nice :unsure:

Glad that your more cheerful than me. I do agree, the graphic looks good. But Jagex has made me bitter sorry.

Just read Mod Mark's utterly [cabbage] response to the Corp bug. And then removed my membership. They really don't give a crap about their game anymore do they?

I can't see anything wrong with his explanation and he clearly states Jagex's reasoning for not doing a rollback. But if you feel it is enough to leave the game over, well, goodbye I guess?

Add it to the long list of failures which Jagex have produced recently. Poorly produced quests, hand-held gameplay, the wilderness, etc etc. I'd rather save my £3.20 a month.

Yeah, instead of all these thousands of hours of gameplay Jagex provide you can (almost) buy a McDonalds once a month!

Actually i'm going to buy a boots meal deal and save the 20p.

Haters gonna hate, Bots gonna bot, Jagex gonna keep on failing.

asrhasrh.jpg

Just read Mod Mark's utterly [cabbage] response to the Corp bug. And then removed my membership. They really don't give a crap about their game anymore do they?

I can't see anything wrong with his explanation and he clearly states Jagex's reasoning for not doing a rollback. But if you feel it is enough to leave the game over, well, goodbye I guess?

Add it to the long list of failures which Jagex have produced recently. Poorly produced quests, hand-held gameplay, the wilderness, bugs in every update, a QA team which seems to consist of a monkey scratching its own arse, etc etc. I'd rather save my £3.20 a month.

Yeah you'll really get em' with that one, way to stick it to the man.

Selling soapboxes 50k ea

clansig7.gif

Number of people they'd have pissed off by rolling back would have been more than the number pissed off by not.

How do you know? Can you link me to the related survey? All I see here (as well as on the RSOF) are a couple of people gleefully trolling the masses of pissed-off people who are "jelly" about the whole sigil/torstol business.

The number of people who benefited/lost out from the glitch? Less than 1k most likely. The number of people that did other stuff during that 1 hour much more than 1k.

Apparently, though, many members of the "much more than 1k" group is willing to sacrifice his progress in that 1 hour to ensure nobody gets a sigil due to a glitch.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Apparently, though, many members of the "much more than 1k" group is willing to sacrifice his progress in that 1 hour to ensure nobody gets a sigil due to a glitch.

not true most people (who are still a minority) who seem to be FOR rollback were less concerned with others having gotten a sigil and more having a tantrum over "i didn't get one cause I was too slow therefore I want others to suffer lose by a rollback" kinda angle to it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wish the bug would be live for over 24 hours so I could actually afford to have a divine/elysian one day without either 1.) RWT 2.) Botting 10 accounts 3.) staking my bank and hoping for the best.

Sucks.

L2pullout.png

not true most people (who are still a minority) who seem to be FOR rollback were less concerned with others having gotten a sigil and more having a tantrum over "i didn't get one cause I was too slow therefore I want others to suffer lose by a rollback" kinda angle to it.

What's the difference? Of course, you don't want others to get a sigil, because you bust your ass all the time in hopes of getting just one damn sigil, and suddenly a glitch comes and poof, people get 900M items by the dozen. What other reason would there be?

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

What's the difference? Of course, you don't want others to get a sigil, because you bust your ass all the time in hopes of getting just one damn sigil, and suddenly a glitch comes and poof, people get 900M items by the dozen. What other reason would there be?

The difference is its not a logical well thought out majority who want to see a rollback to avoid unfair gains by the minority and think it is reasonably worth doing despite the negative effects on those who did not partake.

It's a childish minority who mainly want it for the selfish reason of I didn't benefit so why should other; even if it means the many other players who played no part might lose out on good trades or decent normal drops or lose level ups or quest completions.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If I understand the prestige update correctly, would it speed up dungeoneering if a team were to repeat floors 36 and 48 over and over?

That way they should be able to skip all the longer bosses like yk'lagor and kalger while still gaining full xp

Or have I misunderstood it and this is not possible?

Just asking, has this been patched? Wanted to go to Corp today and seeing this I don't wanna be part of the bug abuse minority

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

As someone who has been corping for 4 years and am yet to recieve my first sigil, I admit I am pretty frustrated. But they won't do a rollback, and they don't feel like going account to account and removing the wealth. It is what it is. Next time a bug like this comes up I just have to not be at work I guess.

I think it's pretty messed up what their doing to herb farmers too.

nautica.png

nautica.png

If I understand the prestige update correctly, would it speed up dungeoneering if a team were to repeat floors 36 and 48 over and over?

That way they should be able to skip all the longer bosses like yk'lagor and kalger while still gaining full xp

I don't think so.

You still gotta do the same number of floors in any 1 theme to tick them all and last I checked boss monsters (aside from the theme thing) weren't restricted to specific floors; once they are unlocked they can pop uo on any floor within their theme can they not?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Sort of. Let's say you did floor 40 when you've done it before.

If you have floors 36 to 39 open, it'll go in order from 36 to 39, and you will get xp based on floor 36-39 and your prestige.

If you have floors 36 to 39 done, but you have floors 41 to 45 open, you will get xp based on floor 40, but it will check off floor 41-45.

So if you do floor 36 ten times, it'll check off 36 to 45 in order, but you will get xp for floor 36 every time. On the other hand, if you did floor 45 ten times, it'll check off 45, then 36 to 44, giving you the appropriate xp for each floor.