15-Mar-2011 - Ring of Wealth, Shanties, Trolls and Dungeoneering

Michael

ROLLBACK plz@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

ROW4Life :thumbup:

:lol: @ Corp Glitch (ROLLBACK plz@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@)

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of the graphic update but it's okay. Besides that good job Jagex!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dheginsea.png

I once met a man named Jesus at a Home Depot. Is this the Messiah returned at last?

And i once beat someone named Jesus in a chess game. Does that mean I'm smarter than the messiah?

BOW TO THE NEW MESSIAH

Maybe a president who didn't believe our soldiers were going to heaven, might be a little less willing to get them killed. ~ Bill Maher

Barrows drops: 2 Karil's Coifs (on double drop day)

92,150th person to 99 defense

5k goal is 1.5M, that's not a huge amount. The items in the rare drop table used to be worth a lot. Dragon Spear was >1M, Shield left half was 7.5M, dragon med 2.4M (and higher). This was when 1M was a lot more than it was today.

used to be worth alot? so should we all be trading left halves for partyhats now? I don't understand how the prices of items 5-6 years ago matter now, when those items have been utter garbage for so long. What is the logic behind dragon legs being 500k and steels now dropping 8m worth of torstols? Like, how was there a change necessary?

The point was, no one complained before when there were drops worth MORE THAN party hats from almost every monster in the game. Why does Jagex updating that now to make monsters have a chance of dropping good things once more a bad thing? They're updating the game. The price of the old drops has decreased so they add new drops.

Simply concept really.

I think rock lobbies may have had a reduced charm rate with this update

Barely getting over 100 crims per hour bursting and many other people in burstinglobscc have reported the same.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Darth Vader can't be my Father! Fml!

10m for a wopletinger lol. Dont think so - 400k in about a week.

Wolpe = +7.

Amazing how this is an amazing update, yet they seemed to mess up with raising monster drops on a lot of things, multiple sigils....

Oh, good. Monsters drop herbs/coal more often. Who needs mining/farming?

Overall, the update is full of win, but still.

Also glad I sold my Arcane for bonus exp. Sad that my laptop is getting fixed at best buy.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Read the patch notes, thought how awesome they were.

Read this thread, got a bit disappointed. Still, this update might just be the best update released this year.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Because just like almost all monsters could drop an 8m shield half years ago, they can now drop x amount of herbs or metals etc. Many monsters have had drops more expensive than their unique drops for a long time.

But can you tell me the reason for this change now? like how are the steels from yesterday different from the steels of today that they should drop 2m an hour more? And it's not only about the new drops, it's good that they are adding those, but really, nothing in the game so far dropped more than 1 torstol at a time, now steels drop 160? come on, it's just not balanced at all.

The point was, no one complained before when there were drops worth MORE THAN party hats from almost every monster in the game. Why does Jagex updating that now to make monsters have a chance of dropping good things once more a bad thing? They're updating the game. The price of the old drops has decreased so they add new drops.

Simply concept really.

You don't get balance at all, do you? tip: Riding a bicycle on your head is not smart.

I'm all for new drops and new drop tables, as long as they are balanced(which, evidently, they aren't).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Oh, good. Monsters drop herbs/coal more often. Who needs mining/farming?

Farming profits should be somewhat resistant to influx of supply. But yeah I kind agree with you for farming.

As for mining, Mining is boring. I could care less if people stopped mining if jagex just replaced mining training with a new minigame like they've been doing with all the skills lately :P

anyways did anybody figure out what happens when the ring of wealth glows more brightly?

Naaxi.png

Stomp will now drop fewer rocks, and more will be removed each time rocks disappear.

:D

Of course this is just a personal highlight, but so much about the dung update today seems to make the skill so much more tolerable to me.

I've yet to even see proof of this 150 torstol drop....

Even if they do exist...steel dragons ARE NOT even close to 2m more an hour.

You are overexagerating the common-ness of these drops, that might not even be real to begin with.

I just went awhole dark beast task with a ROW...everykill it 'activated'. The only odd drop I got was an Uncut dragonstone.

OMG, Dragonstone!?!?! Extra 2m an hour Pl0X!!@!!!@#!@@!!

Seriouslly though, I thought the row was only supposed to tell you when it actually got you a drop that it influenced.....not every single kill.....

I have iron dragons now, we'll see how they go.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Well, either my Ring of Wealth is broken, or I really don't understand how it's meant to work now.

I've killed over 300 Abyssal Demons now and have got the "Your ring of wealth shines more brightly!" message after every drop, yet there is no difference to what the Abyssal Demons have been dropping today compared to what I was getting yesterday (aside from what seems to be fewer Crimson Charms.. unsure.gif)

I assume getting the message after every kill is a bug, because if this ring keeps getting brighter I'm going to be blind by the end of the week!

Aside from that, the ring's teleport to the Grand Exchange is extremely welcome; no more spellbook swap while on Lunars! biggrin.gif

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

I think something is wrong with the charm drops. 190 hellhounds and I have 26 gold 5 blue 11 crimson and 15 green.

If the *possibly* extra 2-3 blue is somehow supposed to make up for a loss of like 80 golds I don't really welcome it...

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

jagex's motto.

if it aint broke, broke it

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

Did a lot of barrows runs pre "update" and afterwards, seems I get a lot less death runes now, and of course the un-needed "restore pot, Super def pot" ok, may get the odd p pot or what not but have to lol @ the gravestones I saw round the tunnels...

Congrat's to those who got those massive drops earlier, how I would have loved to be high enough leved to have had a touch like that, they must be so made-up!!. And to those who "RageQuit" as they were left out, then they need to develop some social skills, practice "Acceptance & Understanding"...

Jagex can't please all the players all the time, today in many ways is that showing again, I for one am happy that they keep adding, updating, and at least making some effort with the constant evolution of the game. So I wont be "Quitting" far from it and am enjoying being back since my long long break.

Well, either my Ring of Wealth is broken, or I really don't understand how it's meant to work now.

I've killed over 300 Abyssal Demons now and have got the "Your ring of wealth shines more brightly!" message after every drop, yet there is no difference to what the Abyssal Demons have been dropping today compared to what I was getting yesterday (aside from what seems to be fewer Crimson Charms.. unsure.gif)

I assume getting the message after every kill is a bug, because if this ring keeps getting brighter I'm going to be blind by the end of the week!

Aside from that, the ring's teleport to the Grand Exchange is extremely welcome; no more spellbook swap while on Lunars! biggrin.gif

I think i've worked that out

I've killed Abyssal demons, ice strykewyrms and the dagannoth kings, and it has said its "shined" on EVERY single kill.. But this is because:

More specifically, wearing a ring of wealth will slightly increase the drop chances of many rare items obtained from Slayer monsters and various bosses

Which is why it is always working on these monsters, abyssal demons, ice strykewyrms are both slayer monsters so the ROW always helps with them - and same with the DK's.

With irons/steels (which aren't slayer monsters or bosses) it doesn't "shine" on every kill.

My Blog

2 Visage Drops.

Over 1800 Castle Wars Tickets..

110715145129.png

Errr.png

So does this mean we can just keep repeating the lowest floor in a set and clear all the floors that way?

Also, can someone fill me in on this sigil thing...?

No, you'll get less exp.

Corp had 100% sigil drop rates for a short period of time. A lot of people got rich. Jagex doesn't care. /life

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Because just like almost all monsters could drop an 8m shield half years ago, they can now drop x amount of herbs or metals etc. Many monsters have had drops more expensive than their unique drops for a long time.

But can you tell me the reason for this change now? like how are the steels from yesterday different from the steels of today that they should drop 2m an hour more? And it's not only about the new drops, it's good that they are adding those, but really, nothing in the game so far dropped more than 1 torstol at a time, now steels drop 160? come on, it's just not balanced at all.

Simply concept really.

You don't get balance at all, do you? tip: Riding a bicycle on your head is not smart.

I'm all for new drops and new drop tables, as long as they are balanced(which, evidently, they aren't).

As others have stated I've yet to see proof of this 150+ torstol drop you're claiming, the number I've heard was 78 and don't think I've heard higher than 100 which isn't a bad number. And remember, prices will drop because of this.

You would be complaining if they added drops such as 50 soul runes or 50 firelighters or whatever complaining they're too crap and shouldn't have added them. Yet when Jagex add good drops you complain too (this isn't directed only at you, more in general btw).

The old rare drop table was outdated, they've updated it and made rare drops appealing once more and not "God damn, 150 steel arrows again, rarer than whip!" like it was before this. It's now "Cool, 500 big bones, worth a decent amount so while it may be rarer than whip it's still a good drop" or even "Awesome! I just got 100 torstols!".

Now can I question to you why you think that's a bad thing?

aside from the smithing update this is a month full of win. Nothing less (that includes the corp bug, though I will never ever have a divine, it is now at least more possible to)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!