15-Mar-2011 - Ring of Wealth, Shanties, Trolls and Dungeoneering

Michael

I seriously laughed at the corp glitch a friend apparently got divine and arc. Too bad I didn't have members. Jagex - Make an update 6 months, test it for 2 minutes.

Sephy.png

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

picture175.png

Game spam

When will jagex realize these colored messages are hard to see?

Go settings > resizavle.

TADA readable.

You shouldn't have to play on a different mode to be able to see that stuff. It's bad design practices.

hzvjpwS.gif

Well, considering that the glitch was live for ~1h, I don't think that too much damage will be done in the long term. After all, Corp's been out for 2.5 years.

Too bad we cant actually see how many sigils/godswords/etc were actually dropped

Let's just try a quick estimation:

About 50 lootshare worlds.

1 kill per 8 minutes

1 hour.

So roughly there will be somewhere from 200-400 new owners of a new spirit shield with a sigil attached to it.

As for Godswords and Bandos Chestplates/Tassets... I doubt there would me more than 1500 new owners of a godsword/armadyl/bandos gear.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

6 years of RoW being useless fixed in an hour of "make-up" RoWing!

Great way of thinking about it.

I personally don't mind at all about the drops things as I said earlier, just means lower prices for the masses. The only ones that lose money are those who already had everything.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

picture175.png

Game spam

Go settings > resizavle.

TADA readable.

You shouldn't have to play on a different mode to be able to see that stuff. It's bad design practices.

Looking at his Pm I'm guessing he set it to that colour himself.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

picture175.png

Game spam

Go settings > resizavle.

TADA readable.

Looking at his Pm I'm guessing he set it to that colour himself.

its that way for everyone

I personally don't mind at all about the drops things as I said earlier, just means lower prices for the masses. The only ones that lose money are those who already had everything.

Bugs that don't have any negative effects shouldn't be rolled back, I agree with that mentality....however, that's not what happened here. Sheer panic alone will screw with the value of these items for months, let alone the minimal supply that came in today. It's going to take months for them to stabilize....OR they could do a rollback.

Clearly, though, they don't care if we wait. Aren't they nice.

hzvjpwS.gif

Bugs that don't have any negative effects shouldn't be rolled back, I agree with that mentality....however, that's not what happened here. Sheer panic alone will screw with the value of these items for months, let alone the minimal supply that came in today. It's going to take months for them to stabilize....OR they could do a rollback.

Clearly, though, they don't care if we wait. Aren't they nice.

more money for them whilst we keep our p2p credit

Well, considering that the glitch was live for ~1h, I don't think that too much damage will be done in the long term. After all, Corp's been out for 2.5 years.

Too bad we cant actually see how many sigils/godswords/etc were actually dropped

1 kill per 8 minutes

1 hour.

So roughly there will be somewhere from 200-400 new owners of a new spirit shield with a sigil attached to it.

As for Godswords and Bandos Chestplates/Tassets... I doubt there would me more than 1500 new owners of a godsword/armadyl/bandos gear.

FFA worlds didn't work or something?

1 kill per 8 minutes

1 hour.

Corp was respawning in about 60 seconds on the world I was watching and dying in about 20, so more like 2000+ new sigils

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

1 kill per 8 minutes

1 hour.

FFA worlds didn't work or something?

That I do not know. But I guess if they did work, you can probably double those numbers.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

I'll gladly take anyones divines off their hands for 1m. :-D

OT: too bad, this update seemed amazing.

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Lol, massive [rooster] up by Jagex, you'd think they test something as simple as this. I just hope a rollback doesn't happen, I just got my Fire Cape around 40 minutes before the update.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

I'm going to be the first negative reaction to the dungeoneering update.

I'm still waiting for an improvement in solo experience.

Didn't they do that? That was supposed to be one of the updates, to make it so solo'ing and group dg'ing were equally efficient.

hzvjpwS.gif

This update has really pissed me off, the people that earnt divines now have had them lower in price, and some random noobs who lucked out have been given bils for free.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Lol, massive [rooster] up by Jagex, you'd think they test something as simple as this. I just hope a rollback doesn't happen, I just got my Fire Cape around 40 minutes before the update.

already confirmed no plans for rollback

I'm going to be the first negative reaction to the dungeoneering update.

I'm still waiting for an improvement in solo experience.

Didn't they do that? That was supposed to be one of the updates, to make it so solo'ing and group dg'ing were equally efficient.

Yeah if you read over the list properly loads of them were specifically for soloing eg making certain bosses lower leveled in solos etc etc and even the bits that weren't still heavily help soloing

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Divines were hardly affected by this. At the same rate, unless you were planning on reselling the divine to somehow profit, it shouldn't matter. I bought mine to use, not to sell again. If it drops to 600m, doesn't bother me. Most game scenarios don't even let you resell s*** once you've purchased it.

Just consider this Double XP weekend for Spirit Shields, think of everyone who felt ripped over herblore, summ, etc.