[Real] 01-Apr-2011 - Behind the Scenes - April

Sephy_

Also, the only people this really affects are lurers, I'll never understand why people want to lose all their stuff on death, unless you like to self harm.

This change doesn't work in the wilderness.

Please note that the death mechanic used in the Wilderness and other dangerous PvP activities will not be changing from how it currently is, other than that your most valuable items will be decided by their Grand Exchange guide price, not their alch value.

So now if you get lured, you can keep that really expensive rare item over some armor or a weapon

Also livid farm seems awesome. I am glad they are adding something along the lines of herblore habbitat. Lets hope the experienced gained is worth the time though.

jpegsigtest.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, great april fools. I wasnt very convinced by the first one..Personally didnt find it that funny. This one is much better.

But pretending its real.

Im not too sure why its needed to make death even safer =s Its too safe to the point they need to actually make it more dangerous.

Not just that but I think the mechanic would of been better if they made it possible to setup beforehand.. rather than in 'limbo'.

Thats like setting a setting each and everytime something happens rather than having a setting that sets something forever. Its just not very smooth mechanic. More complicated yes but.. I dont want a stupid screen popping up every time I die. Thats just silly and intrusive to gameplay. Reminds me of all those 'warning popups' everywhere I go. Those are bad enough and interrupt my immersion.

I don't really mind any of the updates, but nothing says 'go do this, you'll love it'. Give me Elemental Workshop 5 and 6 already.

Id rather be raped by a shotgun. I refuse to do the ele workshop quests untill get get a good reward/release trim for the questcape that's rotting in my bank.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Wait this was real? I suppose I missed the fake, but that buttercake death system looks laughable.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I find it just a tad funny that so many people are taking the changes to death being super incredulously lenient, when one of my friends who's never played RS and is used to MMOs like Guild Wars and WoW thinks RS's item loss at all is complete madness.

I find it just a tad funny that so many people are taking the changes to death being super incredulously lenient, when one of my friends who's never played RS and is used to MMOs like Guild Wars and WoW thinks RS's item loss at all is complete madness.

I wish you'd loose everything: including bank!

I mean a death is a death, you should actually start over! Like in diablo hardcore mode (which I play a lot ESPECIALLY for the death system where your account is wiped upon death).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Looks like I'll only be leaving GWD for Easter event then.... Shame.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

This is really good new, it seems like they have created a good frame and infrastructure for the new clan system, and i expect that it won't be another jamflex fail actually.

Also nice to see a end of luring and overpriced barrows helmets :P

Problem. The reason barrow helms ARE so expensive is because those are what get lost on death. Meaning either all the items of a barrow set will come close to being the same price... eventually...

Until that happens, this will play hell with barrow item prices. Hopefully D Claws will raise though, and GF AGS.

Not sure how much I like the death changes in the wilde. I mean, until now, or until whenever the update gets implemented, one of the balancing factor towards dragon claws was the fact that you ALWAYS LOSE IT. They just made the wilde a bit safer and I'm not in favour of that. But on the other hand, if claws go UP in price...lol.

So what happens if you die because of a DC than...? Just the normal way? I'd prefer a system where you can preset what you keep than "limbo"...

Read closely.

Items kept will now be decided by their GE value rather than the Alch value.

So you'll keep the Fury/BCP/etc you'd lose otherwise.

O so basically this update sucks because now you always lose chaotics....Been asking for an update to this for years by many people and of course Jagex goes and [bleep]s it up...

Unless you DC, you'll be in limbo and cay say AMG KEEP CHAOTICS PL0X and keep them. Wait till the update is implemented considering it has the potential to let you keep the chaotics you want...

Not saying it won't be a crappy update that defaults to you NOT keeping chaotics, but we can't know that yet and it has potential.

I don't really mind any of the updates, but nothing says 'go do this, you'll love it'. Give me Elemental Workshop 5 and 6 already.

Id rather be raped by a shotgun. I refuse to do the ele workshop quests untill get get a good reward/release trim for the questcape that's rotting in my bank.

*gets shotgun*

Assume the position....O_O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Looks decent to me, but I have enough to be working on that I don't really want too many new distractions, and at least death mechanics will make sense now :-|

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I want to ask a Moderator what it feels like spending 4 months on an update they know will be played for 3 days and then be promptly forgotten like that homeless guy with the radio voice.

If you are talking about clan camp there will probably be lower levels wasting time for months or years to come. If livid farm is going to be along the lines of herblore habbitat there will be a following as long as the lifespan of the game, or until something better comes out. So just because it doesn't seem promising to you i don't think you should make a conclusion like that until we see how useful/useless it is.

jpegsigtest.jpg

I wish you'd loose everything: including bank!

I mean a death is a death, you should actually start over! Like in diablo hardcore mode (which I play a lot ESPECIALLY for the death system where your account is wiped upon death).

D:

Rohanlord.png

Notable solo drops: x3 Bandos boots, x2 Dragonic Visage, x2 Bandos Tassets, x1 Bandos Hilt, x1 Bandos Chestplate

I want to ask a Moderator what it feels like spending 4 months on an update they know will be played for 3 days and then be promptly forgotten like that homeless guy with the radio voice.

If you are talking about clan camp there will probably be lower levels wasting time for months or years to come. If livid farm is going to be along the lines of herblore habbitat there will be a following as long as the lifespan of the game, or until something better comes out. So just because it doesn't seem promising to you i don't think you should make a conclusion like that until we see how useful/useless it is.

I wasn't referring to a piece of content is paricular, but one of those two updates is likely to be how I described.

For example, how distraught was the guy who created MA. He must still have nightmares about time wasted.

Are assumptions, hypothesis and opinions ALSO not allowed on this forum now?

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

I wasn't referring to a piece of content is paricular, but one of those two updates is likely to be how I described.

For example, how distraught was the guy who created MA. He must still have nightmares about time wasted.

Since the developer is getting paid i guess that money takes the sting away from the "time wasted" lol. And it is likely clan camp won't be used by serious clans, maybe jagexs is just trying to make a more friendly introduction into the clan world. Or they are out of touch with the real clan world, i don't know i am not a part of either.

Sorry if i sounded overly critical. To me it seemed he was making a bold conclusion too early, and i felt differently about that. I certainly did not attack him or anything so i don't know why you even brought up not allowing opinions. I was starting discussion in at least the way i felt, a healthy manor.

jpegsigtest.jpg

Nope. Just math. L2efficiency.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Since folks use lunars to jump to the zmi altar already, not having to keep leaving to repair pouches is probably beeeeg news to them.

Anyway with the GE value thing it is like, no more dragon longswords for you eh

I'd like to see a few scammers ignore that update though

8f14270694.jpg

Since folks use lunars to jump to the zmi altar already, not having to keep leaving to repair pouches is probably beeeeg news to them.

No, it isn't. We can just use the spell to talk to the guy to repair them.

No, it isn't. We can just use the spell to talk to the guy to repair them.

Might save a few sec though.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots