[Real] 01-Apr-2011 - Behind the Scenes - April

Sephy_

Meh update to me. Livid Farm, Items Kept on Death, The Clan Camp looks decent/OK.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually a BTS where I looked through it and nothing in particular really jumped out at me.

When it wrote that Livid Farm was offering that multitude of XP, I thought to myself, it's probably going to be small doses across all the skills.

The death update is kind of a joke to me, I'm glad that Jagex finally did what players have been yelling at them to do for ages, but I've got a bad feeling that this isn't going to work out well.

And goodness me, two holiday events?

Where's the real content this month?

1000th post, ugh

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Since folks use lunars to jump to the zmi altar already, not having to keep leaving to repair pouches is probably beeeeg news to them.

My sarcasm senses are tingling.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Not particularly interesting updates unfortunately, but I have a load of skill goals in RS at the moment so I can work on those I guess.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

alot of people seem to be missing the bit where they say that the DEATH UPDATE WONT WORK IN PVP.

you can resume freaking about everything else now.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

alot of people seem to be missing the bit where they say that the DEATH UPDATE WONT WORK IN PVP.

They're still modifying the Death update so that items will drop based on GE and not Alchemy values.

The Limbo thing is for out of wilderness deaths.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

"Please note that the death mechanic used in the Wilderness and other dangerous PvP activities will not be changing from how it currently is, other than that your most valuable items will be decided by their Grand Exchange guide price, not their alch value."

Reading thoroughly has its merits.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Again, Prince William and Kate [cabbage] is just [cabbage]. Don´t see why they made a pharagraph in the BTS about them two. Sure they are the british royal couple, but WTF? Why a pharagraph.

Perhaps because the monarchy is a massive part of the British national identity and it is a massive deal for the 2nd in line to the throne to be getting married

no it's not.

Overall I think this content's pretty crap. Appreciate the clan stuff though, as long as it doesn't crash and burn in true Jagex style.

Since the developer is getting paid i guess that money takes the sting away from the "time wasted" lol. And it is likely clan camp won't be used by serious clans, maybe jagexs is just trying to make a more friendly introduction into the clan world. Or they are out of touch with the real clan world, i don't know i am not a part of either.

yea you're out of touch, serious clans are likely to use it because of the rankings. The deciding factor on how popular it actually is will probably be if it's dangerous or not.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

Where is MOTM? :(

In a last bid effort to save itself from sucking, it killed itself in QA. A moment of silence please... :pray:

Remember when BTS 2008 was released with the DevBlog justifying the removal of Free Trade & Wilderness? It had concept art of Lucien. Meaning that, at the very least, from that point till November WGS was worked on.

How long since ROTM's been announced? I have time.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Perhaps because the monarchy is a massive part of the British national identity and it is a massive deal for the 2nd in line to the throne to be getting married

I don't know if you live in the UK or not; but noone really gives a [cabbage].

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Granted, it's bound to be a bad month when a RL wedding and a holiday event are half the content, but I'd really like to see less D&Ds. We've had so many hit-or-miss updates already in the last year and a half, and only a few have hit. :(

2496 Completionist

in my opinion, they need to get rid of the BTS.

i have always thought they were lame and put too much pressure on them to live up to what the say in it..

i rather just be surprised.

Again, Prince William and Kate [cabbage] is just [cabbage]. Don´t see why they made a pharagraph in the BTS about them two. Sure they are the british royal couple, but WTF? Why a pharagraph.

Perhaps because the monarchy is a massive part of the British national identity and it is a massive deal for the 2nd in line to the throne to be getting married and it gives an extra bank holiday.

Seriously, who here cares enough [cabbage] to dedicate 1 pharagaph of Runescape bts to Royal [wagon]? Isn't there already tons of media covering that couple? Why must Runescape (a game sucessful because of player supports) have to do anything related to Royal couple? It's called kissing ass that's what it is.

I don't got anything against the couple, but it's bloody unecessary. And i honestly don't give a [cabbage] if the developers of Runescape are brits.

If Jagex really wants to do something for Royal couple Jagex, do it without adding it to BTS.

Dying in RuneScape will become slightly less painful later this month as we introduce the concept of Limbo. If you die in any unsafe, non-PVP area, you will be prompted to choose which items you retain (following the existing rules for how many items you keep on death); also, certain types of items will always be kept on death most notably coins, but also most quest-specific items and common, low-value items such as tinderboxes, fishing rods and the like.

You will then be given a choice of where you respawn be that any of the respawn points youve unlocked (i.e. Lumbridge, Falador, Camelot or Soul Wars) or the last respawn hub you passed through (typically, the last major settlement you visited). Once you have respawned, youll be free to hunt down your gravestone to attempt to retrieve those items you did not keep.

OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOFOGMFOGMFOGMF

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON