[Real] 01-Apr-2011 - Behind the Scenes - April

Sephy_

This is now a shipping thread for NPCs GO

Hmm, let's see...

Lexicus and Astea.

The dwarf and barbarian in Gunnar's Ground.

That Miscellania kingdom quest.

Zanik and the player.

Saradomin and Zamorak (for lulz).

And now... we get two historic boss monsters as an official couple! ^-^

*imagines offsprings being firebreathing, three-headed Kalphites*

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is now a shipping thread for NPCs GO

Hmm, let's see...

Lexicus and Astea.

The dwarf and barbarian in Gunnar's Ground.

That Miscellania kingdom quest.

Zanik and the player.

Saradomin and Zamorak (for lulz).

And now... we get two historic boss monsters as an official couple! ^-^

*imagines offsprings being firebreathing, three-headed Kalphites*

Don't forget the WOM and Zeneviviaialsjd;glkajsd;glkjaslkjdg;alkjsdg'lkj I CAN'T SPELL THAT NAME

a70c7.png

How did Love Story magically slip across my mind? :mellow:

But yeah that's another. Sadly there's not much to do with shipping in Runescape. If there were more romanticness in quests and alike, hilarity would really ensue. Fanfics and fanarts would literally explode, and if it gets popular enough maybe even crack pairings.

Gosh, I spend too much time on sites like Tvtropes. :oops:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

*hopes that livid farm means we'll have a super fast way to the island that's not teletabs :pray:*

Lunar house portals? eusa_pray.gif

I hope so. It's been what 4 years now since Construction came out? We've still only got the same damn old portals with an extra two frames floating about. :\

Popoto.~<3

*hopes that livid farm means we'll have a super fast way to the island that's not teletabs :pray:*

Lunar house portals? eusa_pray.gif

I hope so. It's been what 4 years now since Construction came out? We've still only got the same damn old portals with an extra two frames floating about. :\

Excellent month. Can't see why anyone could complain.

NO. STOP UNDOING MY HARD-WON DERAIL, DARN YOU. just kidding, we should probably go back on-topic now anyways.

a70c7.png

I dare say that this is probably another April fools as Jagex uncovered the Fool in the same day it was released and the bts was far too descriptive.

Anyway, if it turns out to be real:

Livid Farm: Meh, 'Wishes' seems overpowered. And Vengeance group is counter-productive as it would be used in multi-pvp and you would probably end up venging the enemy as well. Also seems like a d&d that would be abandoned.

The Clan Camp: Woo!

Items Kept on death changes: No. Just no. Gravestones are good enough, you don't need to make dying even more safe.

Easter Event: I like the sound of it but it is a holiday award, it shouldn't have a useful effect other, it should be cosmetic only.

Royal Wedding: I can see why it would be celebrated. There better be an amazing cutscene that shows the marriage ceremony of the KBD and KQ, guests and all.

All in all I am not ecstatic about the updates this month, other than clan camp..... If this turns out to be the "Real real for reals this time and no April Fools" BTS.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

There better be an amazing cutscene that shows the marriage ceremony of the KBD and KQ, guests and all.

YES PLEASE!!! :twss:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

@sir squab:

And if you die when you're new: what do you loose now really? A day's worth of gathering items? - I lost much more by doing nothing for a week. And if someone can't "handle" this loss, do we as a community want those people? - I wouldn't, it means someone is either very protective of his own goods (and hence won't help others unless they get a monetary reward) or has a too weak mindset to put negative experience into a possitive action. Both the type of people I generally tend to avoid.

Maybe the update is aimed at the very first few players: but it affects everyone!

As far as avoiding players goes, i can't really remember the last time i interacted with a low level player. Not even from avoiding them, i simply don't bump into them at the places i train, or the worlds i DG on. It doesn't really affect everyone, i can't imagine people with those mindsets sticking to a game for a long time.

If such a thing as "royal wedding" happens I demand the same thing for my wedding!

As I'm equal to the people who are on a throne, both we have done nothing!

IF you celebrate something, celebrate people who are actually beneficial for humanity, not people who simply sit down and get their whole lives payed out! Celebrate the nobel prices, celebrate the "Tiananmen-protest" on the 4th of july..

THOSE are important thigns, not that some person in some country married, what importance has that?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

If such a thing as "royal wedding" happens I demand the same thing for my wedding!

IF you celebrate something, celebrate people who are actually beneficial for humanity, not people who simply sit down and get their whole lives payed out! Celebrate the nobel prices, celebrate the "Tiananmen-protest" on the 4th of july..

THOSE are important thigns, not that some person in some country married, what importance has that?

No because you are a nobody in real life. Sorry to say but that is the whole truth.

The roayl couple are famous, like it r not they have huge links to the Heritage and history of Britain, which for me being a historian is reason enough to like to celebrate the continuation of a proud tradition of my country. It is also the tradition of the country Jagex resides in, so they should be free to celebrate what they feel they want to. Should e not Celebrate Christmas in Runescape because some countries don't celebrate it? Should we not do Halloween because many countries don't celebrate it? Or should we just be happy that Jagex have a soul and want to celebrate a big event which is happening this month? The choice then is to be happy or be miserable and complain.

Also, considering one of the Royal Princes has served in Afghanistan (or was it Iraq?) and the other, the one getting married, if my memory serves me correct is a qualified life guard and has worked closely with the British RNLI and has served in the military, they have actually done a lot more than you to deserve recognition.

EDIT: Oh and also they said they are only doing the fireworks and party popper things, no actual content linking the KQ and KBD.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Why is Thanksgiving celebrated then?

Sylpheed.png

[qutoe]like it r not they have huge links to the Heritage and history of Britain

I also have "huge links".. My family is just as old as theirs.

Really a right by birth something outdated and should be against human rights.. As every human born in this world should have the same chances to become someone great.

What they should celebrate is those people who have brought something great against the odds. Not someone who has done nothing other than wasting money.

Then they came for me

Also, considering one of the Royal Princes has served in Afghanistan (or was it Iraq?) and the other, the one getting married, if my memory serves me correct is a qualified life guard and has worked closely with the British RNLI and has served in the military, they have actually done a lot more than you to deserve recognition.

Really? And how do you know what Pulli does in his life? I find it disgusting that just because you more about the Princes lives and that they have done -some- good that you can put down another member of this forum.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

How about we don't let this descend into a flame war about the pros and cons of a monarchy?

Lets just leave it as uk has a monarchy. It is an important part of uk culture; therefore it is a big event and has rightly been noted by jagex.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's not ass kissing, i just got carried away lol. But i just think that it's lame that Jagex releases a update because of a british event. I mean it's lame way of updating the game. Honestly i find it negative.

Now before i tell you why, you have all rights to be proud of being british and i have nothing against brits. But tell me why is it so necessary that Jagex makes a update just for sake of monarchy? Obvious answer is because Jagex is a british company. But it gives a sad message that British culture are more important.

Thanksgiving. Traditionally American and brought into RuneScape as a festive event, despite the fact that they are a British company.

It does annoy me when people try and bandy about statements like that.

I have no affection for the British monarchy, but it is a British event, and therefore a company based in England has every right to celebrate it. Don't like it? Quit for a month.

Oh and by the way, I'm British.

How about we don't let this descend into a flame war about the pros and cons of a monarchy?

Lets just leave it as uk has a monarchy. It is an important part of uk culture; therefore it is a big event and has rightly been noted by jagex.

Terrorism is an important part of Muslim culture. Should we celebrate it for the sake of all Muslim players (including those who are, y'know, not fanatical about their religion)?

Terrorism is in no way and important part of muslim culture; it is part of an extremist minority.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

like it r not they have huge links to the Heritage and history of Britain

I also have "huge links".. My family is just as old as theirs.

Really a right by birth something outdated and should be against human rights.. As every human born in this world should have the same chances to become someone great.

What they should celebrate is those people who have brought something great against the odds. Not someone who has done nothing other than wasting money.

So let's tear down museums because they don't do anything other than waste money then. I mean, who cares about history? [/sarcasm]

The royal family are living relics of the cultural history and traditions of Britain, and they are ambassadors for this country. As such, it is a tradition to celebrate weddings, anniversaries and coronations, and mourn funerals. It's what we do and you should respect or at least be indifferent to our traditions. I don't see anyone criticising Thanksgiving here.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

@ will holmes: What kind of bs is that? - Don't put words in my mouth, I never ever said that history is not important: I said that a kingdom is bad, and undermining a good democracy where people have equal chances.

I don't see anything wrong with a family being born and raised for diplomacy?

I also don't..

As long as anyone who is not of that "family" can also do the same thing - with same efford. And someone of that family can choose to do others things.

But I don't understand this, spring is a festival season, why choose such nationalistical festivals while there are many more important things,

International Workers' Day (1 may)

freedom day (6 may)

student protest 4th of july @ china 1988

Then they came for me