RuneScape Death Mechanics - Let's speculate

Assume Nothing

Well, according to JaGex, they are going to release a new items kept on death system where, in any non PvP circumstance, you could choose what you lose on death, and in any PvP circumstance, items kept on death will be based on the GE value instead of the alchemy value.

This also means another thing - In PvP, unless I am mistaken, untradables will almost *always* be dropped on death, such as Chaotic weapons.

What will be the effects of these changes, and how will it affect you?

Discuss

Untradeables will never be used to PK

since you can choose what you keep when not pking, it won't change for the worse at all. Getting back to Corp may take longer though, by a few seconds.

Well, if they were sensible, the timer wouldn't start until after you left limbo

but they wouldn't be THAT sensible, would they?

i mean, to remove all risk of getting d/ced in a non-pvp area

that would be way too reasonable of them

8f14270694.jpg

I think Dh pking may make a comeback, and perhaps Korasi->Dragon Claw pking could emerge for those who possess the Ring of Vigour.

I still think this update is a turn for the worse. Danger, or even the element of 'Risk' is being removed, and untradables will no longer be viable to pk with, for no good reason.

=/

They could just make it stay in your inventory, but degrade to zero instantly.

That might be OK for non-wilde, but what about if you PK someone with a rapier? Have it degrade to 0 but drop 2m? 'o.O

Personally, I think it'd be better to keep the old mechanic for the wilde. Idk. I expect barrow item prices to become really chaotic. The price is set by what piece you lost on death, and the piece you lose on death is set by the price...

They need to set a good price for untradeable - stuff like Korasis is fine (set the "GE" price by what you pay for it), chaotics is what I'm worried about. And with any luck this limbo thing WON'T screw over people who disconnect.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

reckon i'll be able to stay in limbo for 5-10 minutes while i get my friend to go get kc so that he can bless my grave?

can't you get kc in 15 mins?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

How nice of Jagex to finally do this. People have only been saying you should be able to choose what you will drop for like, what, forever? Glad to see it finally coming together, though I'm kinda pissed it's happening AFTER I lost my rapier. :rolleyes:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I think low-protect-value items like Rangers boots and the Barrows sets may be affected the most.

I can't see Rangers boots staying above 20m now that everyone will protect them.

On the other hand, there's no reason to not bring them to any high-end Ranging now.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I think low-protect-value items like Rangers boots and the Barrows sets may be affected the most.

I can't see Rangers boots staying above 20m now that everyone will protect them.

But if they were to lose value because people were keeping them all the time now, then eventually they'd be low enough that people wouldn't keep them anymore, and they'll start losing them again. Then prices go back up, they keep them again, prices go down, etc? I can't wait to watch the prices of things.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

As someone else said I agree this should make barrows prices really chaotic. I also agree that this is probably a turn for the worse. Hopefully I'm wrong.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I think the non-nex gwd's just got a hell of a lot easier. Oh, and slayer's now hands-down the easiest skill, as the risk of death out of that skill got reduced to 0

There was a risk while doing slayer? I can't really think of a task where you couldn't get back in 15 minutes, or where its really even easy to die unless you d/c or are afking and not paying any attention you your hp at all.

The only thing I'm worried about this update is if I disconnect and have to close the runescape page. Would I still be in limbo? Would I still be able to choose my 3 items I want to keep? Quite worried about this, because the ONLY times I have ever died were due to disconnections which were out of my control :-(

Other than that worry, I think it's a great update.

2vuhgcn.png

Untradeables will never be used to PK

Barrow gloves, Fire Cape, Fighter Torso, Berserker ring(i) they'll all probably most certainly be used, especially the last 3.

I mean the new stuff that is much harder to get back, like chaotics

Jagex finally brought Runescape's death mechanic up to date. Now the game is slightly more playable. :thumbup:

Now remove all the bottable clickfest content and we're good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jagex finally brought Runescape's death mechanic up to date. Now the game is slightly more playable. :thumbup:

Now remove all the bottable clickfest content and we're good.

Too late, no turning back from that.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

someone will find a way to abuse this.

-item duping

-ways to do it in pvp/staking

-other stuff

just a matter of time until we see how people sploit it.

4e0Vn.png