If they were tradable...

Monky

Scythes and Bunny ears would be 5-10b

Clue scrolls levels 1-3 would be worthless, elite clues would be worth around 100-200k.

If you look at long-term profits, no clue scroll is worth the time it takes to do, but I expect people would like to gamble with elites.

Crimsons 5-8k, blues double whatever crimsons are. Scale down from there for greens/golds.

Fire capes about 1m.

Blood necklace 50m, Hexhunter 100-250m.

2496 Completionist

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fire capes would be worth more than just 1M.

I am not very informed how long it takes to reach and kill Jad, but I think it's maybe 1 hour?

Pretty sure that people who are able to get a fire cape in 1h, would have access to other, better money making methods. (Getting to and killing Jad costs money, too)

Just imagine the hoards of noobs who would want to buy a fire cape. A lot of higher levels too.

I would estimate fire cape to be close to 3-5m.

Margus.png

I am not very informed how long it takes to reach and kill Jad, but I think it's maybe 1 hour?

Pretty sure that people who are able to get a fire cape in 1h, would have access to other, better money making methods. (Getting to and killing Jad costs money, too)

Just imagine the hoards of noobs who would want to buy a fire cape. A lot of higher levels too.

I'd pay 10mil for a firecape tbh, but I'd put it around 3mil because lots of mid level players know the strategy well enough to put quite a few of them into the market.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

All it means is that when higher leveled slayers get the Jad task from Kuradel - they'd be more apt to do it.

Think about it - 1 mil + some tokkul for ~45k slayer experience?

I'm sure a lot of the higher levels can do it pretty fast - so it'd be a lot more worth it to do.

However, I would think it would at least go for ~3ish mil?

1 mil is way too cheap and I'm sure there are people would pay 2-3 mil for a fire cape without going through the hassle of doing Jad.

Especially those lower levels who can't beat Jad (or those who would rather not waste an hour or so just to end up losing in the end)

capt%20kevin.png

If hards were even 100k, there would be a LOT more gold coming into the economy. I see 2+ hards every single hellhound task, and i just leave them on the ground. Factor in that I do a hellhound task nearly every day..

I didnt know clues generated gp.

If hards were even 100k, there would be a LOT more gold coming into the economy. I see 2+ hards every single hellhound task, and i just leave them on the ground. Factor in that I do a hellhound task nearly every day..

I didnt know clues generated gp.

inb4 ~1k coins and coins that come from alching rune daggers.

I saved your ass! :P

Margus.png

For the lulz, Jagex values crimsons at 3gp each.

Every time I got an effigy at TDs, I saw it as a 4-5M drop because on average, that's how much it saved me skilling. If they became tradeable, I'd easily pay 5-10M each for instant XP.

09144a99bb.png

Oh hai there similar to RSC topic.

I have no idea on what they would be, if you could buy multiple clues though I'd say anywhere from 200-600k for hards.

I reckon level 2s would actually be fairly high priced because of the fair ease and the high price of some of the rewards, which would probably change if this got updated.

Same with easy..

No idea on elite, most of the good elite stuff seems like useless junk to me, best I ever got was like 500k.. And then I found out it didn't sell for anything less than 300k.

I'd say 400k-800k .

I think most of these clue scroll prices are way overpriced.

If you think about it, it takes maybe 1/2 an hour - an hour depending on your clue scroll.

There's no way I would pay 500k for a hard, spend some item only to return with crap

Not only are you losing money, you're not gaining any exp.

For the most part, TT aren't worth doing (unless you're pretty bored)

Maybe that just my poopy luck talking :(

I sure would pay for god damn charms though.

I'd flip/merchant all day til I get that pack yak!

Gotta be honest, haven't done 1-2s in literally 4 years, but I swear when you do them as a source of money, like pickpocketing hams, you get to know everythign and do easies in less than 5mins.

And yeah when I do level 3s I always mong and read an article instead of checking tip it for where im meant to go. Can take me more than an hour lool! But I reckons if you got good you could do them quick as and 300k isn't that much..

Dose anyone have a fairly good idea of drop rates for 3a?

Approximately 1/10k, though that was before the ring of wealth update. I also think that was the rate for any one specific piece, rather than any piece.

Went to check the average level 3 clue reward worth (from S I E B S's thread on the RSOF) but the data was removed since I last looked. From memory, it was about 300k I think, though prices have come down since then, and that was considered an over-estimate. I'd say maybe 75k-100k max for a level 3.

^ Jagex said recently that droprate for 3a is 1 in a 6 digit number.

Level 3 clues can be done in 5-15 minutes and elite clues in 20-30 minutes. Unfortunately, the average reward isn't even worth the time to do them let alone the additional cost for buying the scroll.

2496 Completionist

I don't see scythes nor bunny ears being at 5-10b or even 1b or even 100 mil.

Seeing as you can drop them and regain them at Thessalia in varrock for free.

I've high alched both in the past.

I'd say 10 mil for bunny ears, tops, and 20 mil for scythe, simply because it looks cooler to the average Runescape player. (Oooh look at me, I'm the grim reaper...)

I'd say 10 mil for bunny ears, tops, and 20 mil for scythe, simply because it looks cooler to the average Runescape player. (Oooh look at me, I'm the grim reaper...)

If you could trade, I'd imagine you couldn't just reobtain them for free after trading it away. If that were the case, nice people would probably give them away for free because they could just get it back easily.

Otherwise, if they would become rares that couldn't be reobtained, and could be lost forever, I think they wouldn't be too expensive. They're certainly more common than phats or santa hats, so they would have less value. Maybe like ~50m to start?

As for crimson charms, I'd say they'd be worth way more than 4k. If they cost an estimated 4k ea when barraging rock lobs, remember the time you put into collecting them. That would make them worth a lot more, at least 6k+?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Level 3 clues can be done in 5-15 minutes and elite clues in 20-30 minutes. Unfortunately, the average reward isn't even worth the time to do them let alone the additional cost for buying the scroll.

I don't see where you're getting your numbers from, but they look like you've dug them straight from your ass. I've done plenty of lvl 3 clues and some elites. level 3s usually take 15-30 mins and elites 45-1 hour, and that is if you know what you're doing.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I don't see where you're getting your numbers from, but they look like you've dug them straight from your ass. I've done plenty of lvl 3 clues and some elites. level 3s usually take 15-30 mins and elites 45-1 hour, and that is if you know what you're doing.

No, you just suck at clue scrolls.

Level 3 clues can be done in under 10 minutes easily. After you've done enough, you can outright remember where the coordinate leads most of the time. If not, you'll be able to approximate it well enough - simply open a guide on the side while you head in that general direction. Puzzles boxes should never take you more than a minute and a half. I've gotten them in under 30 seconds. The only clues that are at all time-consuming for me are emote clues, and only for the GE trip. If you're serious about clues, the items should be in your bank, ready to go

And how on earth do you spend an hour doing an elite clue? What did you do, get 4 Elvenlands scan clues? Scan clues in huge areas are the only ones that really should take much time.

No, you just suck at clue scrolls.

Level 3 clues can be done in under 10 minutes easily. After you've done enough, you can outright remember where the coordinate leads most of the time. If not, you'll be able to approximate it well enough - simply open a guide on the side while you head in that general direction. Puzzles boxes should never take you more than a minute and a half. I've gotten them in under 30 seconds. The only clues that are at all time-consuming for me are emote clues, and only for the GE trip. If you're serious about clues, the items should be in your bank, ready to go

And how on earth do you spend an hour doing an elite clue? What did you do, get 4 Elvenlands scan clues? Scan clues in huge areas are the only ones that really should take much time.

I usually get at least 4 scans/clue, and for the reality, we're approximating the time it takes for an average person to do clue, not the most elitist group. You have to remember who sets the prices.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

@bunny ears/scythe

That 5-10b price was basically the price for both the item and the right to get free replacements where the owner gives both up; I think if you could sell and still get replacements they would be worth around 10k each :P

@clues

I'd assume that if you're buying clues and doing them as a source of income, you are using the most elitist methods possible. That means access to all teleports and shortcuts unlocked, so travel time is fast. It means using a searchable table of clues and coordinates to know exactly where you need to go. It means being familiar with how to powersolve sliding puzzles and celtic knots. At the scanners part, all scanner locations are preset and chosen from a set of specific points. You can do scanners methodically by checking out each point from the given radius.

I stopped doing hard clue scrolls nearly 5 years ago and they were always under 10 minutes then. I can't say how all the updates between then and now have affected timing, but it should be similar and should fall within that range with all the new teleports.

I have timed every elite clue I have done (a dozen logged). I started at 30-35 minutes for the first couple, but by the last ones I was between 20 and 30 with the average below 25. I know that I am doing something completely inefficient every time I choose to do one, but I still do them all because they're a rare drop and are fairly fun to complete.

I'm sure there would be plenty of demand for buying clue scrolls; after all, players put loads of money into staking and even into betting games with a set 40% success rate. And while the price of the scrolls will stabilize at less than the average reward (it's not as high as you might think), it would never be a super profitable venture.

2496 Completionist

I reckon bunny ears would be more than santas, I'm fairly sure there's less, at least the same ammount of them in game. But I'm gunna say less.

I reckon scythe wold be like 30m because theyre pretty boring really.