Drinking/Drugs

Guest Rob

It seems that I lack the knowledge of these drugs as I've never tried them before.

One of the problems with making alcohol illegal would be that it's so easy to make. I think it only requires yeast, hops/barley/grapes and water to make wine/beer.

Legalization of marujana - The amount of positive/negative effects aren't important to me. If you were to 'weigh' the sides up, which one would have more? And does the benefits of smoking marujana outweigh the costs?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that I lack the knowledge of these drugs as I've never tried them before.

One of the problems with making alcohol illegal would be that it's so easy to make. I think it only requires yeast, hops/barley/grapes and water to make wine/beer.

Agreed, and this was one of the main problems with prohibition in the '20s. It opened up an entire new niche for criminals proficient in making and distributing alcohol.

Legalization of marujana - The amount of positive/negative effects aren't important to me. If you were to 'weigh' the sides up, which one would have more? And does the benefits of smoking marujana outweigh the costs?

Personally I believe that yes the benefits outweigh the costs enough. It's a drug that has been proven to have medical benefits (otherwise I don't know why there would even be medical marijuana available anywhere). Again though, it is something that requires moderation. I may smoke once in awhile, even multiple times in a week, however I wouldn't allow it to be detrimental to my performance in any areas (work, school). For example I wouldn't go to work high (well I have before but I worked as a busboy in a restaurant then) and I wouldn't even attempt my course work high. On the other hand, when I have a good amount of free time I don't mind getting high with friends and just relaxing and kicking back. It's not a bad time. I also don't think that marijuana has ever outright killed anyone (overdoses). I think I heard once that you'd have to smoke an estimated half your body weight's worth of marijuana to overdose on it but I don't know if that's true or how that could even be tested.. that's A LOT of marijuana no matter who you are.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

Might be sounding like the usual conspiracy theorist person here, but I think that the reason why Marijuana isn't legalized is that it's a drug that makes people think.

And when people think, there's revolution.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

It seems a lot of people aren't keen on drinking. I think a lot of it comes down to knowing your limits, as Wisp mentioned, and how to handle yourself. I have a pretty good idea of how much I can drink without getting too sloppy and so that I won't be too hungover then next day. Though I'm pretty good at handling a hangover, because I almost always have work on Sundays...

rosssigfinal.jpg

Agreed, and this was one of the main problems with prohibition in the '20s. It opened up an entire new niche for criminals proficient in making and distributing alcohol.

Personally I believe that yes the benefits outweigh the costs enough. It's a drug that has been proven to have medical benefits (otherwise I don't know why there would even be medical marijuana available anywhere). Again though, it is something that requires moderation. I may smoke once in awhile, even multiple times in a week, however I wouldn't allow it to be detrimental to my performance in any areas (work, school). For example I wouldn't go to work high (well I have before but I worked as a busboy in a restaurant then) and I wouldn't even attempt my course work high. On the other hand, when I have a good amount of free time I don't mind getting high with friends and just relaxing and kicking back. It's not a bad time. I also don't think that marijuana has ever outright killed anyone (overdoses). I think I heard once that you'd have to smoke an estimated half your body weight's worth of marijuana to overdose on it but I don't know if that's true or how that could even be tested.. that's A LOT of marijuana no matter who you are.

I would say that Marujana is a bit like Nuclear Energy. It rarely kills anyone, yet it's frowned upon by many. Why? I don't quite know

I don't see the point to any of it, legal or illegal. Never taken, never will, either drugs or alcohol. I don't care if someone else does it, as long as they don't cause harm to others when they do it. This applies to parents, or anyone who has someone other than themselves to take care of.

And if they DO [bleep] up while under the influence, they should be held fully responsible for it.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I don't see the point to any of it, legal or illegal.

The same point as anything that's pretty much purely for fun. Some drugs give people useful effects (see: caffeine), some can help people figure out more about themselves (hallucinogens), stress relief, and so on. I'm not saying they're good necessarily, but just trying to give a few "points" of them.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Marijuana is bad because its illegal. Alchohol and Tobacco are good because theyre legal and I pay tax on them. Half a million Americans die from marijuana use every year, and Tobacco and Alchohol have never causes lung cancer, emphazima, or irreparable brain damage because they are legal. ......Right?

99 Fletching - 01/08/08

99 Theiving - 09/11/08

99 Cooking - 12/13/08

99 Runecrafting - 10/23/09

99 Strength - 05/07/10

Might be sounding like the usual conspiracy theorist person here, but I think that the reason why Marijuana isn't legalized is that it's a drug that makes people think.

And when people think, there's revolution.

Attacking the Congress Building with glocks and Macs sounded like a great idea didn't it?

It's the money.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

it's unattractive, but if you really want to intoxicate your body, that's your call.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Marijuana is bad because its illegal. Alchohol and Tobacco are good because theyre legal and I pay tax on them. Half a million Americans die from marijuana use every year, and Tobacco and Alchohol have never causes lung cancer, emphazima, or irreparable brain damage because they are legal. ......Right?

This actually made me laugh! (thank you!)

As for my opinions? First let me tell you my background. I'm a Native American male who grew up on a reservation. That being said. I have gotten drunk, and I have gotten high. I rarely get drunk (maybe a few times a year), and I rarely get high (I never plan on it, but if it's offered, well I'm not buying). The alcohol does have a negative affect if you develop an addiction to it. Just a few weeks ago my best friends mom died from liver and kidney failure at the age of 41.

Marijuana does not kill anyone, nor are the cons really that heavy to keep illegal. The THC in Marijuana is not addicting, it's the high feeling that's addicting. If you have a bad day (very bad day), are in pain, or just need to relieve some stress, blazing up definitely helps you out. Now, if you blaze constantly every day just for the high feeling, you'll move on to heavier drugs, and that's where the problem lies.

tl;dr - Alcohol and Marijuana are both good on occasion.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I quit both drinking and marijuana. Never smoked tobacco, other than the occasional boge when I was drunk.

Don't really care if people use drugs nor do I really care about legality.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I drink every once in a while, and enjoy it. Drinking is a social event... about once a week (Friday or Saturday nights) I go to a local bar with a small group of my friends. It's actually 6 (six) different bars, but they are all connected via a central courtyard. Basically, once you get I.D.'d and enter, you can move about the various bars at your leisure. One of the bars is outdoors and there are pool (billiard) tables and a stage for live music. One of the other bars is inside a newly-built "nightclub" (basically it's a big empty warehouse that they converted into a huge dance floor with a bar in the middle.)

My friends and I hang out, have a few drinks, sit around and talk (they have outdoor patio tables/chairs as well as heaters for cold nights), walk around and say hello to people we meet or know. At some point we eventually head to the nightclub and dance for the rest of the night.

I don't really see any harm in that.

I won't pretend that I haven't drank too much before. I've experienced what you would call a "black out" only twice before. The first time was on my twenty-first birthday, so it's a bit understandable that I overdid it seeing as how the bar I mentioned above gives you a few free drinks on your birthday. The second time was at a friend's house. I did get a bit sick, and some of the events that happened are (still...) a bit foggy, but I wasn't hurt... nothing bad happened, no one else was injured in any way.

For the first few months after I turned twenty-one I drank a lot at home, but I soon realized that sitting at home by myself drinking wasn't a very good sign. I no longer buy and keep alcohol in my house. I still buy wine and other drinks if I'm going to dinner at my sister's house, but we are all adults and are just having a drink or two with dinner.

As far as "drugs go:" a few times when I've been drunk, I've smoked a couple of cigarettes. That's the extent of my "drug use."

I have never tried anything else, including weed. I don't plan on it, even if it were eventually legalized. I'm not QUITE sure why I have this mindset... I have heard a lot of the "For and Against" arguments, but when I was younger I simply told myself that I would never try it, and I've kept to it all this time. I try to not judge people who smoke pot. My own brother and his friends smoke pot, and I really don't see what right I have to judge them or look down on them for their choices - it just isn't for me.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I drink, I've smoked cannabis and cigarettes and would like to try Cannabis in other ways that doesn't require me to inhale it. I've also taken MDMA and would like to try shrooms and LSD, but probably just for the experience.

My view is that if you know the risks and are willing to take them, go for it. However, if you don't want to do any drugs - legal or otherwise - I understand and I'll try my best to respect that you would probably like me not to take any of those around you. I'll also not offer you it unless I'm in a group offering everyone only because it's not polite otherwise.

Cannabis is easier to make, just need seeds and some soil. It is a weed after all.

As for the positives, how about anti-tumour effects? It is also being used in atleast 1 US state to help with chronic pain along with other things.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

My only real thought on it is that Drinking/smoking/doing drugs in high school is really dumb. Like, grow up a little, it's not like you're going to lose the opportunity if you don't drink now. Prohibition's not coming back anytime soon, so don't worry about that. Besides that, it's illegal for you to anyway. Why risk the law, what does that accomplish at all?

For myself, I'm definitely never going to smoke, pot or tobacco or anything else. And at least at this point in my life, I don't think I'm going to drink, recreationally or not. Generally the way I work is this: I can fight an urge fairly well as long as I don't give in. But as soon as I take that first cookie out of the cookie jar, they aren't going to last much more than a day. So it'd be much easier if I just didn't drink, or smoke, or whatever, than if I did and tried to control myself.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Everyone has their vices and to me it doesn't matter what you pick. I drink heavily and smoke heavily too, those are my vices. I quit cigarettes about a month back and it's the best thing I've ever done.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I don't do either. I don't mind casual drinking but I personally disapprove of heavy drinking and drug use. Not necessarily saying that either should be illegal (or legal), but I disapprove of them. I don't need to alter my mental state to have a good time :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I don't do either. I don't mind casual drinking but I personally disapprove of heavy drinking and drug use. Not necessarily saying that either should be illegal (or legal), but I disapprove of them. I don't need to alter my mental state to have a good time :P

Need I remind you...

[hide]Shoot-the-Rainbow-Skittles-Vodka.jpg[/hide]

:shades:

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Need I remind you...

[hide]Shoot-the-Rainbow-Skittles-Vodka.jpg[/hide]

:shades:

I'll just take the skittles :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Cannabis is easier to make, just need seeds and some soil. It is a weed after all.

Not really, you can brew your own beer extremely easily. I'm not sure on making hard alcohol, but it doesn't seem overly complex. Growing cannabis is extremely tricky (not from experience). If you go into the process with the "just need some seeds and some soil" mindset, you're going to get crappy ditchweed that will just give you a headache and a dry mouth. I don't want to take this any further as discussing illegal substances is a fine line in the first place, I just wanted to make a point.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I probably will try cannabis once at some point in my life out of curiosity, but I think that if you take harder drugs, you're dumb and you deserve all of the side effects and health problems you get from them. Think of it as more of a contract regarding your health. I won't judge you for signing it, but I will say that you're doing the wrong thing.

Also, if you're trying to hide behind ambiguous health statistics to justify drug use, you're deluding yourself. Spare us the drivel and don't try to delude others as well.

~ W ~

sigzi.png