TIF is bit over-moderated

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you want is that as soon as someone replies to a thread that is locked as the first person to reply to it is the only one that is correct and everyone else is just trolling that make a point after that. Gotcha :thumbup:

This is exactly what is wrong, you are incapable of understanding the problem. It's okay, I give up. And please, in the future, don't call me an idiot. I think that's a banable offense these days.

Leaving this alone now to avoid your banhammer.

Don't try to refute his position by replacing it with your superficial "getting out of this thread now so I don't get banned by the powerhungry admin" stance. If you debate with a level head, you won't get banned. If you think he doesn't understand the problem, explain it more effectively.

This is @ Noxx about 3 posts up.

Where was the theory that only "efficiency trolls" insult?

IIRC, the OP of "Efficiency trolls" claimed that said "efficiency trolls" were being insulted and trolled.

Also, go visit the 200m exp thread, they have great discussions about efficiency WITHOUT insulting others because of how they play.

Do yourself a favour and go read through that thread again.

I'll give you a hint what you would be looking for "efficient players cant offer advice without being arrogant or insultive" or something along those lines at least.

I don't grab my facts from a pick-n-mix.

Posting all the things these people are posting on their proxied accounts and what not proves that we were justified in banning them. Not really the best way to argue that we're being overzealous with modding...

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

PM me in game anytime

This is @ Noxx about 3 posts up.

Where was the theory that only "efficiency trolls" insult?

IIRC, the OP of "Efficiency trolls" claimed that said "efficiency trolls" were being insulted and trolled.

Also, go visit the 200m exp thread, they have great discussions about efficiency WITHOUT insulting others because of how they play.

Yes, the 200m thread is a model of good efficiency discussion. But you have to admit there are people complaining about all the math every few pages. It only works as well as it does because langer is doing a wonderful job keeping the thread on topic. (Not belittling the other posters and mods doing the same thing of course.)

Castle of Zoltar

I understand that people are curious and want to know what's going on, but won't that only cause more drama?:

No, it will let me, and I presume others like me, to judge the situation for ourselves and gauge whether or not we want to be part of this community.

The way it is now I honestly don't trust the mods here if they keep us in the dark.

Since this effects everyone, everyone has a right to know.

I'm guessing they're too chicken [cabbage] to post anything because it might just prove a few undeserved bans

Be thankful staff here is reaching out and being as transparent as possible. For you to suggest that they show you their moderating records is ridiculous. What you don't see on these forums is the countless amount of spam, obscenities, and pointless threads that are removed to bring up the overall quality here. The staff here has absolutely no tilted agenda or anything. Trust me, I used to be a mod and crew, I've seen the inside. In fact, it's better than it's ever been in the years I've been posting here. Honestly the staff here want to make this a community where you can effectively communicate with each other. For you select few who obnoxiously insist something else is going on, just leave if you don't like it here. Nobody will notice.

Want me to pat them all on the back and tell them what a good job they're doing at getting rid of their most valuable assets?

Who are you to determine who the most valuable assets of the community are? What if I say I'm the most valuable asset of the community? There's no basis for it.

As a community we demanded to see the reasons for our valuable assets getting banned. Clearly this isnt a community "for the people by the people" as it should be, because our opinions are never asked on anything

Can you name a forum that the staff openly displays their records of 'valuable assets getting banned'? It doesn't happen. BUT you're wrong in that your opinions are asked on a lot of things. This thread is literally asking your opinion on the moderation here at TIF. Do you think many other forums even allow this open discussion?

This is a little play house for the mods who got picked on in school for being geeks and now find it fun getting their e-peen on and being e-thugs banning left and right like a blinded soldier trying to shoot down a plane.

Personal attacks, good job.

How do you explain such behavior? How do you explain "Honestly the staff here want to make this a community where you can effectively communicate with each other " when they see no need to justify their own actions?

I can't speak for the staff anymore, but if a priority is creating an environment that most easily allows for the exchange and discussion of ideas, why should they have to justify how they clean things up? You seem to want a democracy. Would you prefer an appeals system similar to the US courts? Where the community elects its staff? Considering such a large amount of the posters here are around thirteen years old, I don't think that's such a great idea. Plain and simply, things have to be run differently here. It's great that you're bringing into discussion alternative ways of running things, but you're suggesting the staff simply airs out everyone's dirty laundry, which frankly, a lot of the time just isn't appropriate for the rest of the community to read.

What would be wrong with an age-limited (ofcourse an age limit would be needed. You dont see a 15 year old voting for his government, do you?) vote to elect the ones we think best deserves to be moderating us?

For someone who complained about posts being taken out of context you sure do a good job yourself.

For someone who complained about posts being taken out of context you sure do a good job yourself.

We're only learning from our very models, sir.

We're only learning from our very models, sir.

I also like how you ignored my requests to show me examples of where those quotes I apparently took out of context would be perfectly acceptable in context. It's been what, an hour now? And I'm still waiting.

What is the current system for choosing them? Out of curiosity of course. It wouldn't have anything to do with having certain specific friends, now would it?

PM me in game anytime

Posting all the things these people are posting on their proxied accounts and what not proves that we were justified in banning them. Not really the best way to argue that we're being overzealous with modding...

You should be aware that we do not know who is posting the spam. I don't particularly care if you believe that or not, but ultimately it's true. Most of us are too busy with other things to bother with that.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Because then the person with the most friends will get to moderate everyone. Fantastic idea.

Have you heard of the term "probation".

Clearly the person would be popular for a reason anyway.

What is the current system for choosing them? Out of curiosity of course. It wouldn't have anything to do with having certain specific friends, now would it?

Nope, it doesn't.

Either users get noticed based on their posts and contributions to the community or when we have applications people apply then we look at their previous history on the forums and judge on that. When I joined staff I didn't know anyone on the team and no one that's joined since have I been friends with. While it's not uncommon for someone to be friends with a staff member before they join no one will ever get in because of that as it's irrelevant to if they'd do a good job or so.

What would be wrong with an age-limited (ofcourse an age limit would be needed. You dont see a 15 year old voting for his government, do you?) vote to elect the ones we think best deserves to be moderating us?

Age verification on the internet is impossible. Plus, providing any type of platform for elections would be ridiculous. Even in the US, which is a democracy, elections are still up to an electoral college. Why? Because the general population generally has no idea who they're electing. Even in a forum like this, which is pretty close to being ideal, it goes to show that people will nitpick anything.

Because then the person with the most friends will get to moderate everyone. Fantastic idea.

Seemingly bladewing is "popular" that doesn't mean he would make a great mod at all.

Also, before you start insulting members of the moderation team you should know that just a couple of weeks before bladewing was banned Jimmy sent him a PM asking him what was up as he'd noticed that his attitude seemed to have changed recently. I assume Bladewing didn't mention this though did he? I don't know what the correspondence between the two of them were other than this but he was offering to help bladewing to try and avoid him getting banned if he continued posting the way he did. Unfortunately that's exactly what ended up happening.

Nope, it doesn't.

Either users get noticed based on their posts and contributions to the community or when we have applications people apply then we look at their previous history on the forums and judge on that. When I joined staff I didn't know anyone on the team and no one that's joined since have I been friends with. While it's not uncommon for someone to be friends with a staff member before they join no one will ever get in because of that as it's irrelevant to if they'd do a good job or so.

Crew is chosen in a similar matter, and I'd just like to note that when I was asked, I knew none of the Staff members at the time.

I had not applied during any of the recruitment drives, I just got noticed without having any ties to Crew, Mods or Admins.

How did I get noticed? Partially by posting mostly in H&A, without having to resort to trolling or offending trolls.

If I can do so I'm sure others can do so too. I'm not that special. :roll:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Seemingly bladewing is "popular" that doesn't mean he would make a great mod at all.

Also, before you start insulting members of the moderation team you should know that just a couple of weeks before bladewing was banned Jimmy sent him a PM asking him what was up as he'd noticed that his attitude seemed to have changed recently. I assume Bladewing didn't mention this though did he? I don't know what the correspondence between the two of them were other than this but he was offering to help bladewing to try and avoid him getting banned if he continued posting the way he did. Unfortunately that's exactly what ended up happening.

Blade would have made a better mod than 90% of the current mods (i would say 100% but i m not sure i know who all the mods are). So i fail to see your point.

The gestapo admins and mods have been on an insane power trip lately. If the conflict the past few days within the community was not enough, the sheer amounts of banning over the slightest thing today, as well as the sheer number of threads locked/deleted rapidly would convince any non-TIF'er that they have stepped into a government-policed Chinese board.

And to me, it is saddening to see the mods who are supposed to act responsibly and impartially suddenly lose their heads, and attack the community in this way. And even worse, the hypocrisy displayed by some, displaying the vendettas and other personal issues that should not be a part of moderation.

Exhibit A

Going out of your way to find these people is not why I play this game. I use my "powers" when the need arises, I don't go looking for reasons to use it and in my opinion no mod should.

Really?

once this is thread is done im leaving

Like I needed any more incentive. Goodbye

because you seemed to go out of your way there...

But as TIF is a community, I'm interested in hearing the community's opinion on these recent events. What are your thoughts?

Capt_Davy.png AbandonnedHeroKeyer25.png

Age verification on the internet is impossible. Plus, providing any type of platform for elections would be ridiculous. Even in the US, which is a democracy, elections are still up to an electoral college. Why? Because the general population generally has no idea who they're electing. Even in a forum like this, which is pretty close to being ideal, it goes to show that people will nitpick anything.

Good point.