TIF is bit over-moderated

PROTIP: Silencing community views and trying to get everything done in private (especially when PMing mods and admins accomplishes nothing) breeds distrust of the administration. I've had several PMs today from people interested in leaving, having seen the totalitarian stance taken by TIF and the RIDICULOUS offenses deemed worthy of bans.

Clean up your act, or prepare to lose people. This has gone beyond far enough.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont like this place anymore. :(

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

lol rainy day locked that thread and links to a post that's completely irrelevant. great job trying to silence the community (nobody can respond to that post now)

:thumbup:

C1Geq.png

I think Mugabe is doing a better job running Zimbabwe than you guys are running Tip.It

Sort your [cabbage] out or you won't have anything to moderate much longer

@All_Is_Great: I haven't. I wasn't prepared to leave until I found that XPX and Ancient had been banned for absolutely no reason.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

nvm don't want to discuss other's bans as that's not allowed.

EDIT: instead, i'll say this.

If you want to boycott, then go ahead and boycott.

However, boycotting is not AKA trolling Gen Discussion. Do it right like the Americans in 1980.

Staurolite.png

What trolling? Did you see the offending posts? Xpx made a joke directed at Ancient, banned for trolling. Ancient said that xpx wasn't being offensive to him and there had been some kind of mistake, banned for moderator bashing. Now THAT'S mod abuse.

Like I said in the Efficiency Troll thread, I don't think TIF is a police state or totalitarian nor do I think that the Mods or Admins are infallible. I really can't believe the community is dividing on this issue. People are taking sides and it's turning into Us and Them which will do nothing but cause bad things for this site and the people that enjoy it here, myself included. Both sides are bickering like god damn children. Grow up and act like adults.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

PROTIP: Silencing community views and trying to get everything done in private (especially when PMing mods and admins accomplishes nothing) breeds distrust of the administration. I've had several PMs today from people interested in leaving, having seen the totalitarian stance taken by TIF and the RIDICULOUS offenses deemed worthy of bans.

Yes, this topic is very private indeed.

Also, we're not the ones who requested a private discussion regarding the cause of these issues. And when that discussion took place we were not the ones to go crazy and start posting crap.

Perhaps if we published all the things the people who have been banned have done then people will change their mind and call us too lenient on some of these people. Although I'm sure you'll find something wrong with that.

Like I said in the Efficiency Troll thread, I don't think TIF is a police state or totalitarian nor do I think that the Mods or Admins are infallible. I really can't believe the community is dividing on this issue. People are taking sides and it's turning into Us and Them which will do nothing but cause bad things for this site and the people that enjoy it here, myself included. Both sides are bickering like god damn children. Grow up and act like adults.

There's been a lot of trying to cooperate. They brick walled and then banned a few of the people seeking compromise. That's not something they could have expected not to blow up at them.

What trolling? Did you see the offending posts? Xpx made a joke directed at Ancient, banned for trolling. Ancient said that xpx wasn't being offensive to him and there had been some kind of mistake, banned for moderator bashing. Now THAT'S mod abuse.

EDIT: instead, i'll say this.

If you want to boycott, then go ahead and boycott.

However, boycotting is not AKA trolling Gen Discussion. Do it right like the Americans in 1980.

Btw, you're obviously biased because you were close friends with them.

Staurolite.png

Once again, typed out a decently long response then deleted it. Too scared to post anything critical.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Yes, this topic is very private indeed.

Also, we're not the ones who requested a private discussion regarding the cause of these issues. And when that discussion took place we were not the ones to go crazy and start posting crap.

Perhaps if we published all the things the people who have been banned have done then people will change their mind and call us too lenient on some of these people. Although I'm sure you'll find something wrong with that.

Go for it. Transparency is what YOU guys have been against.

There's been a lot of trying to cooperate. They brick walled and then banned a few of the people seeking compromise. That's not something they could have expected not to blow up at them.

Spamming the forums, trolling, generally posting crap is not "compromise". Within minutes of the discussion taking place and the first replies coming in which didn't just say "Yes, we will do everything right away" topics were made filled with crap, it's gone on since then.

Why not move?

Objectively speaking, with the new clan features out you lot in DGS haven't any need to keep the thread on your dungeoneering clan in H&A any longer. When you look at it at a certain angle, you've your own forums and such now, why not use what Jagex provided for you?

Granted it might be a schism, but there's been worse in past - I believe it's been mentioned how a majority of the clans moved out of Tip.it.

Sometimes you just have to say adieu.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

@All_Is_Great: I haven't. I wasn't prepared to leave until I found that XPX and Ancient had been banned for absolutely no reason.

xpx and Ancient? I don't even... Now just ban Grimy and TIF will complete its metamorphosis into RSOF.

@mods and admins: I rarely post on these forums, but I'm an avid reader of General Discussion. You guys need to get your act together. The people threatening to leave are the most important resources you have. I don't know how it looks to you, but speaking as a third party you are being ridiculously inane, authoritarian, and trigger happy. While I don't know the details, I'm pretty sure this schism wouldn't be happening if you TOLD US THE DETAILS AND DID THINGS IN PUBLIC. Stop trying to sweep everything under the rug. There's no way this is going to be resolved if the users only know bits and pieces of what's happening.

As a side note, retired players really shouldn't be policing discussions about game mechanics.

Castle of Zoltar

@Dark: I think you're misunderstanding. Locking Bladewing's blog, where people had been posting support and wishing he were still here to contribute to the community, coincided with the negotiations. They were separate incidents. If you want to blame somebody for that [cabbage]storm, blame Jimmy Jim for carrying out a personal vendetta against Bladewing that stirred up controversy.

@Above: Grimy's banned.

@Dark: I think you're misunderstanding. Locking Bladewing's blog, where people had been posting support and wishing he were still here to contribute to the community, coincided with the negotiations. They were separate incidents. If you want to blame somebody for that [cabbage]storm, blame Jimmy Jim for carrying out a personal vendetta against Bladewing that stirred up controversy.

This is the exact reason why they've been banned. Or one of.

Staurolite.png

so when i leave tif where should i go?

Levon.png Bladewing.png

It's great you know what you're talking about rustiod. Everything you've said is 100% accurate a true.

That being said...your a [bleep]ing [bleep] douchebag, and none of your advice will ever (or should ever) be taken seriously because of it.

disregard good advice because the giver is a douche

THAT MAKES YOU A BETTER PERSON

I don't pretend to know anything about people being banned or any of the PRIVATE conversations that went on regarding that, but I know damn well it's not that simple and I think you do too.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I don't pretend to know anything about people being banned or any of the PRIVATE conversations that went on regarding that, but I know damn well it's not that simple and I think you do too.

I've had copypastes of pretty much everything said, so I daresay I understand the situation better than you. Needless to say, the admins were ridiculously uncooperative.

I find myself sorely tempted to spew out profanities.

@Darkdude: That's a great idea. Publish. You're not going to get anything done if people don't know what's happening and why it's happening.

Castle of Zoltar

Yes, I agree, I have tried to stay impartial and not get too mixed up in all of this but...

It doesn't look well at all when you (the moderation) isn't public. Because the people you take action against often are. We have all been watching and from the perspective of most users it seems, what has happened is really wrong.

I love this website. You have no idea, there is no way I would be playing this game if not for this. But that is why I feel it is all the more important that somehow this is resolved, that there is closure.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.