Bathing

Tesset

Being around people that do not bathe is very unpleasant.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a girl who showers every other day and doesn't wash her hair for like five days even though her hair is really greasy. It's gross.

The skin health claim relates to how dry your skin is - the more exposure to water in general, the drier your skin gets. (but this doesn't mean don't shower after chlorine exposure, that's one case where you definitely want to shower and use lotion afterwards - my brother brought lotion to school during the swimming unit and all the guys shared with him!)

But... People tend to like being around you more if you shower/bathe. In the case of your friend, this means GIRLS. If he's interested.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

Yuck.

I shower twice a day, you can tell which people don't shower because they just look greasy and horrid.

Or have dermatitis like me and ruins their hair image because of it. :<

Popoto.~<3

I don't ever bathe.

I shower :D

up until recently, on a nightly basis or else I'd feel god awful about myself. But more recently I noticed I have better hair days if I skip a shower every here and there. But I do shower every day for the most part.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Showering too often is bad for your skin, so I try to shower four days a week, sometimes 1-2 more if gym days fall on a non-shower day, so every other day, with two one right after the other.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I shower every day In the morning and after practice. If I don't, my hair is just long enough that it will start to clump together and look messy/greasy.

Going more than a day or two without showering is disgusting IMO. I wish your friend the best of luck on his long, dirty, and smelly journey.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

The amount people think they need to bathe is absolutely ridiculous. Until the soap opera commercials (which is where the term comes from btw) in the 50's it was considered narcissistic to bathe more than once a week.

Also, if you're out camping for any length of time, you're better off not bathing as it will help keep bugs away.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I bathe once a day, sometimes I skip if I'm clean enough.

I can't believe people shower twice a day on average. Ridiculous.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The amount people think they need to bathe is absolutely ridiculous. Until the soap opera commercials (which is where the term comes from btw) in the 50's it was considered narcissistic to bathe more than once a week.

Glad I didn't live before the '50s then. People [bleep]ing stink if they haven't bathed in the past 48 hours, easily. I think some people just don't realize how bad they smell.

...anyone else notice how bad Gamestops smell of B.O.? Or maybe that's just the one I visit but... yeah.

Also, if you're out camping for any length of time, you're better off not bathing as it will help keep bugs away.

I'd rather not sleep in layers of dried sweat after practices and games :P

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Bath day - worst day of the year.

"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell

"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

TrueBeaversafe.gif

Not gonna lie. I picked my name for a reason. If we were in a bus together I would probably offend many of your nostrils, but my female-comrade finds my bird-cage scent attractive so I'm not complaining. I just don't know - it's the one niche in my life where I feel no shame nor empathy towards any of the people I may have hurt. I'm proud of who I am.

I like to shower once a day in the morning. I skip every so often just because I wake up late. I have super greasy hair but I have heard the notion that if you don't shampoo your hair for a while it turns out great, but I'd rather not take that path at all :P

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

I pretty much shower every day, sometimes twice if I have work or sport. I don't really mind skipping a shower day, I don't think it makes too much difference after just one day. Like Lent, I only wash my hair maybe once a week, probably less actually. If I wash my hair to much it gets really dry and, uh boofy. It stays pretty clean, it's not like it's greasy or anything...

I can understand some people like Jimmy bathing twice a day, if you live somewhere like Brisbane then you're bound to get sweaty as [bleep] every day. But where I live that isn't a problem.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I haven't shaved for a week, got a pretty filth stache' sideburn combo that I don't really like.

Bathing ? Yeah, everyday.

-

Zierro, that's disgusting. How many days has it been ?

Well, I just took one today. Before that, I don't remember.

Now don't get me wrong, there are times when I can enjoy taking a rinse-off and watching the water by my feet turn dark as I embrace this symbolic achievement of will. It feels good knowing I get to start again, fresh. Only one thought enters my mind after all this. How will it smell this time?

I often have days where I don't take a shower (don't have a bath at where I'm living this year), but never twice in a row. I just feel weird and clammy if I do.

As for hair washing, I always put shampoo on and rinse every time I have a shower, but never brush it. It's short, mostly straight, brown and boring, and it sorts itself out. Never looks any different after about half an hour even if I do brush it.

That said, my room smells like a proper man-cave. I love it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

For other mentioned things, I alternate for washing hair, one day done, one day not. I used to do less, but the levels of dandruff get way too nasty, hell, they're pretty high even on this system.

I haven't had a bath for years, too cramped nowadays, and what the hell can you do sitting in water for ages? It gets nasty and is just boring, anyway.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I try to bath every day, unless the baby is being super cranky and crying all the time, then I end up skipping a day.

I bath most days, but wash my hair every 2-3 days as its not good for your hair to shampoo every day.

I suppose its up to the kid if he washes or not, but if its during the summer then he is going to smell proper rank!

Your hair will slowly cleanse itself but the rest of the body will smell and just be gross :-/

I shower every 2 days mostly :s

Unless I do exercise or something (rofl how often is that) then I'll shower afterwards.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

People really don't need to shower as much as they do, or use as much soap or shampoo. I'll wash my hair with shampoo once a week, usually take a shower every day, but I only use soap on parts of me that actually get dirty. It removes a layer of your skin that you want to have. The horny layer. I'm serious.

I agree that twice a day is over-doing it, but washing your hair once a week is disgusting... Maybe it works for guys that barely have hair on their heads, but I have long hair (yes, us females do exist on the internet) and skipping more than a day to wash it makes it meh.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Bathing is a terrible way to wash oneself. You're pretty much 'cleaning' yourself with sweat saturated, unclean lukewarm water. It's difficult to rinse yourself, and it's especially bad for girls due to reasons I am unable to specify on G rated forums.

Baths are also extremely time consuming, for both 'washing' and waiting for the bath to fill up, which is terrible for the environment from the excessive water use.

Therefore, I wouldn't recommend bathing to anyone.

More ontopic: Not bathing/showering is terrible for the body, so I wouldn't recommend it at all