07-Jun-2011 � Deadliest Catch

Da_Latios

My theory: They're getting too ambitious with the custom interfaces, and that's become too much of a drain on development time. They should focus on refining and reusing those interfaces in future quests instead of making new ones from scratch all the time.

I agree with this in particular, but as well as interfaces, new game mechanics that it seems they use once and then never again.

Although I didn't really enjoy the tracking part (respective portion of the quest aside -.- ) I liked that they reused the ship/vehicle type thing from Clockwork Syringe. They need to do this more often, and update older quests to use newer mechanics like I thought they said they were going to do a long time ago.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hearing about there being a huge reduction in bots from this update, more than the normal who get taken out by updates. Can anybody confirm this?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

You can vaguely see the shapes of the boobs of the mermaids, but nothing worth seeing, I mean, they're fish, and greenblue-ish blobs representing breasts isn't anything shocking.

Still got a good laugh when looking at RSOF, all those prudent people being "shocked" etc about it, cmon. XD

I'm hearing about there being a huge reduction in bots from this update, more than the normal who get taken out by updates. Can anybody confirm this?

Dunno about other locations, but when I went to the Sorceress' Garden, there was no one else there.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Dunno about other locations, but when I went to the Sorceress' Garden, there was no one else there.

That's where I head about. Any chance that anybody could look in other locations?

[qfc]15-16-996-62861426[/qfc] The post halfway down, Mod Emilee says they are trying something new which relates to the huge decrease in bots after updates. Could they finally be rolling out something that works?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

World 84 is usually full, but has under 1000 players as I write this

Lots of LRC bots in that world usually

and it has been 16 hours since the update?

Turoths are deserted as well. Has Jagex finally released something that takes down bots or are they just unusually slow in turning back on after the update? (does this require a new thread?)

EDIT: Blue dragons empty too.

zqXeV.jpg

Turoths are deserted as well. Has Jagex finally released something that takes down bots or are they just unusually slow in turning back on after the update? (does this require a new thread?)

EDIT: Blue dragons empty too.

I was at frosts about 8 hours ago, and there were five bots at the dungeon entrance. They were all broken and walking back and forth, but they were there.

2s0cxth.png

Well normally they go down after an update, but usually they are back up well before this length of time. Along with Mod Emilee's post, something seems odd.

zqXeV.jpg

Yeah, I was checking for Dan earlier. Besides the aforementioned turoth and blue dragons (under the ogre enclave) the banshees were deserted too. I really hope this sticks.

Magic trees around camelot were also abandoned, a few hours after the update.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Good time to invest in herbs then? :D

That's where I head about. Any chance that anybody could look in other locations?

[qfc]15-16-996-62861426[/qfc] The post halfway down, Mod Emilee says they are trying something new which relates to the huge decrease in bots after updates. Could they finally be rolling out something that works?

A couple of hours ago I was able to find a free spot to mine iron in the Dwarven Mine near the resource dungeon. As I'm F2P, that spot is usually teeming with bots. There was one guy just standing over in a corner for the whole hour I was there...a broken bot maybe?

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Just going to quickly comment again before heading off to do something else.

The possibility that Jagex may have finally done SOMETHING to reduce the number of bots seems too good to be true, but I'm praying that it is true. The lack of response on Jagex's part since the re-release of free trade on this matter is part of the reason why I'm not playing as much anymore. Anyway...

The 'dragon shortsword' Neos posted. I would be willing to accept it's just red hot still, but...

Look at the hilt. The crosspiece has the same color as other dragon weapons. Plus I'd expect if the sword were still heated up, it'd be more of an orange color rather than the blood red I'm seeing in that picture.

Just quickly looking at existing dragon weapons, the longsword and scimitar seem to match, hilt wise, the best. I still could be wrong, though :P

Link_Olaran.png

Just going to quickly comment again before heading off to do something else.

The possibility that Jagex may have finally done SOMETHING to reduce the number of bots seems too good to be true, but I'm praying that it is true. The lack of response on Jagex's part since the re-release of free trade on this matter is part of the reason why I'm not playing as much anymore. Anyway...

The 'dragon shortsword' Neos posted. I would be willing to accept it's just red hot still, but...

Look at the hilt. The crosspiece has the same color as other dragon weapons. Plus I'd expect if the sword were still heated up, it'd be more of an orange color rather than the blood red I'm seeing in that picture.

Just quickly looking at existing dragon weapons, the longsword and scimitar seem to match, hilt wise, the best. I still could be wrong, though :P

The end of the harpoon she makes is the exact same red when she puts it on the anvil. I guess that makes it a dragon harpoon.

I hope this doesn't turn into the next "zomg sailing" thing.... See one picture and assume it's coming in the future even though Jagex says it isn't.

Where does Linza go after the quest? I looked for her at the forge where she was during the quest but she wasn't there... I haven't checked anywhere else really but i'd expect Sir Vyvin, anyone else Curious? Or was she supposed to just leave mysteriously?

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

"Was that a dragon shortsword she was smithing for Sir Vyvin or just a very hot sword of another metal?"

Mod Tim: Nope, it wasnt a dragon shortsword. Its a custom weapon she was making for Sir Vyvin, and yes it was very hot.

From the update FAQ

This really doesn't sound like a master quest at all. :(

However I'll probably do it pretty soon as it means a Fishing level for me.

The term "master difficulty" mostly implies for high level requirements for nothing good.

Quest that actually kills people like haunted mine and dragon slayer are merely "experienced".

Amulet of nature is fixed.

Yay :D

hhhnnnnnnnnnnghhhhh.

<3:

So happy!

What has fixed? Sprites? What are you all celebrating for?