Do you use email anymore?

The Observer

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you even use email anymore?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not regularly; only if I need to register on a site, etc.

In this modern day and age, there are many alternatives to using email. In fact, it's easy to forget about it. Back when it was first created, it became the primary source of correspondence between individuals. Now, however, social networking and instant messaging programs have pretty much taken over email as a primary source of communication. After all, they are much more convenient and you can often get a reply faster.

With that in mind, do you tend to use email regularly any more? Or do you just use it when you register on websites?

j0xPu5R.png

Well of course I use e-mail. I'm not going to talk to business with instant messaging, much less Facebook.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

At the moment, no.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Well of course I use e-mail. I'm not going to talk to business with instant messaging, much less Facebook.

This.

Email is really the best medium for formal communication. You can still present yourself formally and at the same time you create an easily accessible paper trail should you ever need one.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

For business stuff, yes. For taking with friends, no. Although I used to a whole lot back in the day.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I use it everyday for work, it's how I receive my service calls and communicate with my out of town clients/contractors (along with the phone, of course). I never really used it for talking with friends or family as they all either live nearby or are too old to understand the computer. I love my Nana <3: , but sometimes she can barely work her telephone let alone a computer (we actually had to find her an old rotary phone because the touch tone one confused her :lol: ).

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I use it on a daily basis to communicate with professors and I also use it to keep in contact with people that don't use Facebook like relatives. I do not communicate with my peers via email as they all have cell phones and use Facebook.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I don't use it for casual conversation, except maybe with my parents. I use it for job applications, for inquiring about "official stuff," for communicating with people I need to speak to but don't know very well, etc. I don't use it with my friends.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I only use it to talk to teachers, save documents at school when I don't feel like using a usb drive, and registering on sites.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Nice topic. I think there's always going to be a need for a way to leave formal messages that people can pick up in their own time. Facebook and IM don't cover the niche of formal non-instant messages, which is pretty important when you're dealing with businesses and such. Also, email has become your own 'hub' for linking services up. It's not it's original purpose, but I can't imagine a system that could do the same job more suitably.

On a similar vein, how many of you guys still use landlines for phone calls? I haven't used one for at least a year now, mobiles have completely covered that niche. Everyone has a mobile now, even my otherwise technophobic grandmother does.

~ W ~

sigzi.png