Return of the wildy/free trade-do you regret your vote?

Spartan3450

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes and I regret it, slightly.

I regret it because I have visited the heavily botted areas like black demons, green dragons, etc. I regret it because seeing people scammed and hacked and phished is not something you want to see in the game you play. I, however, enjoy the chance to double your bank with one fight in the Duel Arena, or go kill some noobs in the Wilderness, or give a gift to a good friend. There are pros and cons to both sides, but I think the pros of FT/W outweigh the cons.

VsaJs.jpg

I was against the return but for selfish reasons: I don't pk, or need free trade. Spammers and scammers don't really bother me, however, I think the amount of bots is a fault of Jagex dropping the ball more than reintroducing free trade. The majority of bots now aren't doing it for the purpose of real-world trading, they are just players cheating for higher levels and gold, which bothers me even more than the old bots.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

I voted for it not knowing that they would remove the PVP worlds. I regret that decision because PVP worlds with a real loot system is much better than the wilderness we have now. I also didn't know that brawlers would become extinct, and the same with PVP gear. Even despite these shortcomings due to Jagex's lack of transparency, I do not regret my decision because I believe it will do more good than bad. In the future I might start dunging for leechers for money, and this would not be possible without free trade.

I voted yes and then got on all my old/new bot accounts and voted yes.

I voted no and wouldn't regret it if I voted yes. I knew what was coming, but not to the extent that JaGex would stop actively pursuing bots.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I voted no, i knew the botting problem would come back but not to the extent that it is currently is now.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

It would be, however we'd lose it cuz the bot companies would simply use all their bots to vote, so way to fight that.

Besides that would mean Jagex admits defeat, they'r too stubborn to do that

Edited by Kimberly
MOD EDIT: Removed a quote of a deleted post

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

I voted against it, so no. I knew exactly what would happen.

I do not regret my original vote in the very least.Then again, I voted no.

The poll was a promotional stunt. Jagex already intended to remove trade limits.

Whether we voted yes/no, they'd still have brought it back. Simple as that.

I voted no, I don't regret voting no, but I didn't really care that it was coming back. I did however care about their [cabbage]ty excuse for a "poll". I would have preferred them simply saying "The free trade is coming back"

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I voted yes and I stand by my vote. Despite the fact that free trade means scammers and bots, it also means that people like me can do nice things again, like giving money to new players. If you ask me there is nothing more fun in this game than giving a noob 100k.

Rejected.jpg

I voted yes and I stand by my vote. Despite the fact that free trade means scammers and bots, it also means that people like me can do nice things again, like giving money to new players. If you ask me there is nothing more fun in this game than giving a noob 100k.

I agree the restricted trade wasn't perfect, but that could have been fixed in a different way.

Just to throw a ball here, what do you think about this: if we'd have restricted trade back, but with larger trade limits. (instead of 10k, say 50k or 100k)

It would give you a bit more freedom to give gifts etc while it would still hamper companies running bots for profit big time, as their trades useually involve a disbalance of millions.

sebas379.png

[hide]

Then they came for me

[/hide]

I voted "I don't care" because I don't play anymore, but I knew it'd come back. After the mass amounts of players who were outraged when the wilderness and free trade were removed, it was a guarantee that they would be voted back into the game. I don't regret my vote, I think the game is beginning to see its downfall, hence the reason I quit. I do occasionally log into FunOrb and play some of Jagex's other games, and maybe I'll try out Stellar Dawn, but I know that I'll never return to RuneScape.

Whether we voted yes/no, they'd still have brought it back. Simple as that.

THIS.

I like how some people in this thread are offering their opinions and saying how they voted like it would have mattered either way.

After all, wasn't that vote the one that was rigged so that just about anyone could type in any RSN and vote yes for people? (unless that was the one before that, i cant remember...)

Point is with such a simple 'forgetful act' like that on jagex's behalf they clearly weren't concerned about actual individual voters and each one being legit. It was coming back long before we even THOUGHT we had a say in the matter.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

It's not nice to flame others.

As Wicked_ already pointed out, our votes weren't going to change the outcome. They had been planning this for months if not longer.

Edited by Kimberly
MOD EDIT: Removed a quote of a deleted post

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Well it's not nice to flame but it's not nice to troll/spam either.

And I disagree about the outcome being determined anyway. If they organize a poll about it, how could they possibly ignore the vote of the player then.

If there would have been a mass 'no' vs wild/free trade they wouldn't have had another choice...

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Two wrongs don't make a right.

It was extremely obvious that the majority of players would vote yes. Do you think that they weren't preparing for the update long before the poll?

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Overall, I just wanted some kind of change so that people would start thinking again. So I cast my wish for chaos. Sure, you can stay with the unchanging world and its rules set in stone, but that game was going to die too, so even a worse alternative was worth risking because it won't really matter in the long run. All we had to lose was some arbitrary amount of time, which would be spent on some other game.

Of course, all it really resulted in was selfish thinking. It was the basis for every action preceding and following the vote. That was the risk. Most of us were willing to take it, but I don't think anybody ever really understood much about it. It wasn't as much deciding that it was okay to go ahead with the plan, but rather the the readiness to accept the plan's consequences. The no vote just meant that you would be left behind in terms of the state of mind you would need to adapt.

The vote was pointless. I don't regret it because you can't regret something that you didn't have anything to do with. I really do hope that most of you did not believe that the bots would stay away. However, I have to note that they were getting stronger without the free trade help anyway because their motives and methods were already changing. Jagex's only change was to become more lenient so that they would presumably be able to keep tabs on their actions rather than impose any real punishment, allowing them to come up with new countermeasures based on this information. Apparently that plan didn't really work out.

Claiming that your vote was right or wrong is pretty much like saying your vote mattered when it came to things like the general election or when you voted against the war in Iraq or a particular law or anything, and the only people who should care about that are politicians because we pay them to care about stupid things like that. When a course of action is fueled by ulterior motives, the voting is ultimately rendered a moot point because your say had nothing to do with how the actual decision was made, even before the vote was counted, unless you were one of the pawns supporting the mass scam gesture masquerading as a legitimate procedure. And even then, you're just a puppet with somebody else's hand up your ass, who is led to believe that they actually live in sesame street.

On a more direct note, I believe that the actual change never actually occurred from this update, but enabled the capacity of people to decide things for themselves back to its natural state, which overall is a benefit should they ever decide to make the real decisions that would get things back on track. Until then...

Every week they wait before they take some real action is another debt taken out on the community, but since when has that ever been their concern?...

8f14270694.jpg

And I disagree about the outcome being determined anyway. If they organize a poll about it, how could they possibly ignore the vote of the player then.

If there would have been a mass 'no' vs wild/free trade they wouldn't have had another choice...

half their players are computers save the 5 minutes everyday to turn on the bot(s)

they know this so I'm sure the vote meant nothing.

if they asked if the wild wanted to be removed in 07, and I'm sure we'd see the same outcome (~90% voting for it to stay). They would remove it anyway.

player input means nothing, long as you're pumping 6$ a month they don't give a damn lol

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I voted no because - surprise surprise- I don't pk, stake or merchant. I play to skill and earn my experience and money legitimately. The majority of people who voted yes were being affected by the trade restrictions and limits of the wilderness/pvp environments while the skillers and other players like myself were not. My livelihood before free trade was slayer and now it's a joke. All other raw resources in the game are the same way. Now that free trade/old wilderness is back, the situation is the opposite, the pvpers are thriving and the skillers are suffering.

I can guarantee, the minute someone is able to produce an efficient pvp bot everyone who is "happy with the current situation" will demand immediate changes.

Eternis.png

Anyone who has a thought on my previous post at all (see below)? I think it's a relatively good compromise, I also see the limits imposed were too strict.

I agree the restricted trade wasn't perfect, but that could have been fixed in a different way.

Just to throw a ball here, what do you think about this: if we'd have restricted trade back, but with larger trade limits. (instead of 10k, say 50k or 100k)

It would give you a bit more freedom to give gifts etc while it would still hamper companies running bots for profit big time, as their trades useually involve a disbalance of millions.

The only thing I can't really think of a solution for is wildy, maybe someone has a creative idea?

sebas379.png

[hide]

Then they came for me

[/hide]