Would you actually refer a friend to Runescape?

Begbie

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would you actually refer a friend to Runescape?

2. 2. If Yes, would you:

• Advise them to go P2P straight away?
    • Let them move to P2P in their own time?
  3. 3. If No, why not?

• Too many bots, RWT's etc
    • Embarrassed because it's seen as a kiddies game
    • Runescape sucks
    • All my friends already play/quit
    • I don't have any friends...
    • They'd be too far behind me to do anything with
    • other (please elaborate...)

I often imagine how awesome it would be if one of my friends turned out to also be a secret Runescape player, and they were a similar level to me, and we went and killed loads of bosses together and had a great old time.

But yeah that's not likely, and i can't see myself ever recommending Runescape to any of my friends either, so i guess i'll stick to playing on my own.

What about you?

begbie.png

It is better to remain silent and be thought a noob than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Damn. I'm the only one that hit yes I think. Reason being, I don't really play it that often. Yes, I have membership, and I only play 1-2 days out of the month. But would I refer a friend? Sure, why not? All my old friends have kinda moved on, so I don't have anyone to chat with whenever I do log on to do w/e. And the referral would be a "Hey, check this out, see if you like it" type of thing. If they joined and turned out to like the game, I might be inclined to play a bit more.

I did the same thing with WoW's recruit a friend. I invited my bf, and it made me play the game more than I used to because he got into it for a while.

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

Never. This damn game sucked away over 3 years of my life and it such a time vampire. I wouldn't suggest anyone play this game.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Eurgh, I voted yes too.

I mean, I can just suggest to them to play this game as despite the fact that it's overrun by bots and whatnot, at the core of the game is the medieval feel, quest system and backstory which is what really drew me into the game in the first place, and it's what keeps me going.

Unfortunately, they'd be really far behind me, so there's little chance of catching up and doing stuff together.

However, given today's XP rates ...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

No.

At the current state of the game it would not be fair to bring a new player into it. The game environment of RuneScape right now is in the toilet and I doubt a new player would be able to have much fun or find much of what has kept me playing RuneScape so long.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

The game has never carried a good reputation really and I wonder why I still play it myself. :P There's no chance that anyone would want to start paying for membership so early on anyway after starting playing, I was F2P for several months (probably was 'endgame' for F2P having done all quests and had unlocked most content IMO) before I decided to become a member. All of the bots that are very noticeable from the moment you start the game would probably put a lot of people off too.

imagangster.png

I voted no as most of my friends aren't gamers.

Those friends that I have who are mostly play different kinds of games, and one is a casual WoW player. Another reason for my not referring friends to RuneScape is because F2p is pretty much crap now due to the RWT and bots, and I refuse to tell them to pay during their early stages in-game simply to avoid those.

Since they'd quit before going P2p anyway (who could blame them?), it'd be a waste of time to even refer them.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I might refer them "in person" - like when I'm at someone's else laptop say: "hey check out .."..

But officially: no, I hate the system of boosts in xp and will say no to that.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

No, mainly because of the huge botting problem. It's pretty much impossible for new F2P players to do anything in RS anymore because it's so bot infested, I can't imagine it would be all that fun for them.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I would suggest RuneScape to a friend but I would NOT push them to get P2P before they're good and ready.

This. It's how I was introduced to the game, and I how I would recommend it to others.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I wouldn't recommend f2p at all. P2p-wise, I don't think I have any friends who'd enjoy this kind of (very grindy) game. If I had such friends I would perhaps introduce them to the game.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted