Jagex mod got hacked

_YB_

False and bisexual.

One, like previously stated, Jagex accounts will auto lock if not authorized to used in a remote location, two his password is only 6 characters long and I am use Jagex would use a more secure password policy, and third, this is my first post in 6 months. Also, there are no videos, no official JMod posts, and no reputable sources on this situation.

This thread is just spam pretty much.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False and bisexual.

One, like previously stated, Jagex accounts will auto lock if not authorized to used in a remote location, two his password is only 6 characters long and I am use Jagex would use a more secure password policy, and third, this is my first post in 6 months. Also, there are no videos, no official JMod posts, and no reputable sources on this situation.

To anyone who's interested, the password does in fact work, but like missingno said, the failure to breach past the point of lock-out is a sign of foresight in light of Jagex incompetence. I got the same result (locked-out) when I tried to log-in. So the account has technically been breached in that the correct password was retrieved, but no actual harm was done to it thanks to their security. As far as the "logging in and causing chaos" scenario though, that's [cabbage], don't worry about it.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

False and bisexual.

To anyone who's interested, the password does in fact work, but like missingno said, the failure to breach past the point of lock-out is a sign of foresight in light of Jagex incompetence. I got the same result (locked-out) when I tried to log-in. So the account has technically been breached in that the correct password was retrieved, but no actual harm was done to it thanks to their security. As far as the "logging in and causing chaos" scenario though, that's [cabbage], don't worry about it.

Glad to know someone read my post \o/

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

False and bisexual.

Glad to know someone read my post \o/

Actually, it's more along the lines of hindsight than foresight.

Somebody keylogged Paul Gower's mod account (from his personal PC at home) many years back and wreaked havoc using it. That was what resulted in the extra security measure.

td2sig.jpg

[hide]

Yeah im sure mod accounts are instant locked anywhere outside of Jagex HQ, or at least that's what Jagex says.

It took them 8 hours to lock the account.

Soo then is there a video of the ensuing chaos?

Read my previous post you got instantly logged out when you tried to log in.

[/hide]

But if people logged into it (and in 8 hours I'm sure someone did) then there must be a video of it somewhere.

This. You said it took them eight hours to lock the account, then you said you got logged out when you tried to log in. Which is it? And if it's the first case, there must be video or even photos,so where are those?

Locked account and being auto logged of an account are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by ForsakenMage
Shrinking the quote blocks

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The only concern here is that runeHQ needs some plumming.

Lol, as if tip.it, zybez.net, and a [cabbage]ton of other sites aren't hacked.

That is the past and I think that is not what we are discussing here.

Right now (or yesterday) runehq was hacked and their password got decrypted by hackers, not on tip.it zybez.net or any other site. (according to op)

What is runehq's next move/what did they do to prevent this in the future.

Hashed passwords cannot be decrypted, only cracked. Encryption goes two ways, hashing only goes one.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

It just shows that the GIF isn't a fake, you really get the message that the account is locked. I didn't want to prove anythign else, lol.

Speaking strictly for myself, I took it on faith that it wasn't (as it was also confirmed earlier in the thread). But there's nothing else interesting about this. It's just that a JMod's account is locked from the outside. -.-

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

It just shows that the GIF isn't a fake, you really get the message that the account is locked. I didn't want to prove anythign else, lol.

Speaking strictly for myself, I took it on faith that it wasn't (as it was also confirmed earlier in the thread). But there's nothing else interesting about this. It's just that a JMod's account is locked from the outside. -.-

I also think that there isn't a real big deal here. I just wanted to prove that you really get message that the account is locked to make people stop from saying and spamming this thread with "LOL NO VID NO PROOF" or "FAKE AND YAY".

I'm not even sure this is true.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

If an account is "locked" you can type any password and it will say that, it's the response from the server to give the "locked" message prior to an "incorrect password" message.

You didn't try it yourself, did you? It says incorrect password if you type in something else.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Congratz jagex

MOD EDIT: Image removed for revelation of personal details.

notice the last one its just password written backwards...

Edited by ForsakenMage
Please do not post up the personal info of others, including Jmods, no matter how nonsensical it may seem.

Final Warning for All Posters:

Please do not post up anyone's passwords/personal details on these forums. I don't care if they are all over Pastebin or something, they are NOT welcome to be posted here. You can discuss how [unfortunately] some of these people are not taking precautionary measures, but in the end, do not post them here!

It appears to be legit and it's really easy for an IPB password to be cracked. That's why you need a complicated password, and to keep passwords on all sites different from eachother.

princess1 is easily cracked.

priNC3ss1tuvaluTU2400@!5 may take years to be cracked.

My boss hates it, but it works. I am surprised at these JMOD's oversights.

I guess there's no real reason for a long, alphanumerical password if people can't do anything, at all, by accessing it. I presume a six-character password is just for ease of use, but they would use better protection on their own personal accounts.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Well if their accounts are automatically locked from outside viewers, it sorta is pointless for extreme security since their accounts are already protected by the game client itself, and thats pretty secure unless anyone plans on breaking into Jagex HQ, but from the pictures of the supposed new HQ, I wouldn't try since they do own a tank(maybe?) lol.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Actually, against a computer cracking program, more letters is better then numbers and letters, so I hear. princesisthenumberonebomb is harder to crack then pr1nc3s for instance.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It appears to be legit and it's really easy for an IPB password to be cracked. That's why you need a complicated password, and to keep passwords on all sites different from eachother.

Lol. <-- clicky.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

Bear in mind that RuneScape passwords you cannot use special characters nor is it case sensetive :(

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Lol. <-- clicky.

That's been posted on another thread. Though funny, there's some flaws in trying to claim the first password is simpler than the second. It's assuming people only add the number at the end, don't use a familiar, but not so simple number (friend's phone number's last four), don't capitalize more than on character, don't use shift on a number set, etc. All that said, he is right that most people depend on one unusual word with slight modification that can be accounted for in many password cracks.

On topic: Remind me, who here is stupid enough to claim publicly on an open forum that they attempted to access another person's account without their consent? I'm not the most educated of persons, but something tells me that that's probably an illegal act in both the US and Great Britain.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

In lieu of recent events, I request a minute to consider the irony of the following posts:

No, I don't think RuneHQ needs to find a place to put an air shaft. If it really is the case that RHQ's MD5 password table was compromised/leaked, they could do with a sweep of the server administrators.

Lol, as if tip.it, zybez.net, and a [cabbage]ton of other sites aren't hacked.

That is the past and I think that is not what we are discussing here.

Right now (or yesterday) runehq was hacked and their password got decrypted by hackers, not on tip.it zybez.net or any other site. (according to op)

What is runehq's next move/what did they do to prevent this in the future.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]