01-Dec-2011 Behind the Scenes - December

Saradomin_Mage

The wings look like paper, they could have atleast tried to make them look 3d. I'm not surprised people are excited about them, but other games have much better wings than those.

But they aren't supposed to be actual wings; they are meant to be a shimmering magical aura, the same as the vague colour shapes we get on weapons from auras.

To me its perfectly fitting that they are flat given their context.

How would you know the exact intent of the wings? In the fantasy world they could very well have the capacity for flight.

Because RS isn't a 3d flying game, so the closest we'll get to flying is floating. Plus, none of the revealed screenshots show someone floating.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wings look like paper, they could have atleast tried to make them look 3d. I'm not surprised people are excited about them, but other games have much better wings than those.

But they aren't supposed to be actual wings; they are meant to be a shimmering magical aura, the same as the vague colour shapes we get on weapons from auras.

How would you know the exact intent of the wings? In the fantasy world they could very well have the capacity for flight.

Because RS isn't a 3d flying game, so the closest we'll get to flying is floating. Plus, none of the revealed screenshots show someone floating.

We are playing a fantasy game where a good bit, despite Jagex attempts to create visually pleasing material, is still made up by us, the players, in our imaginations. When I buy my demonic wings I will be getting them for both esthetic reasons as well as the thought of my avatar having aura-like demonic wings that will let me fly around wreaking demonic havoc on your soul! (in my imagination)

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Glowy wings = Visual cue to represent awesome magical power

Also, magic wings don't have to flap

Hmm. Ithink Ill wait for this 10% Damage reduction aura

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Now I can start doing quests with that fast forwarding

It's not faster than repeatedly clicking "Click to continue"...and a good thing it is. Quests live through their storyline, I'm happy Jagex doesn't give an option to skip through all the dialogue. A lot of the people that I know who don't like quests never even tried to read the dialogue.

I will be using the spacebar though, it will avoid some annoying misclicks :)

Now I can start doing quests with that fast forwarding

It's not faster than repeatedly clicking "Click to continue"...and a good thing it is. Quests live through their storyline, I'm happy Jagex doesn't give an option to skip through all the dialogue. A lot of the people that I know who don't like quests never even tried to read the dialogue.

I will be using the spacebar though, it will avoid some annoying misclicks :)

The number of people I know who refuse to read the dialogue, but equally don't wanna use a guide then call Jagex all manner of offensive things as the quests is "poorly designed" since they dunno wtf to do. It's like derp, the DIALOGUE tells you what to do.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

After just finishing ME1 and 2, I know navigating through chat with spacebar will certainly feel a lot more...natural?

I would assume when you get multiple options it forces you to click, though it would be interesting if it automatically selected whatever your mouse was hovered over. Would make things like repairing pouches a little easier :thumbup:

After just finishing ME1 and 2, I know navigating through chat with spacebar will certainly feel a lot more...natural?

I would assume when you get multiple options it forces you to click, though it would be interesting if it automatically selected whatever your mouse was hovered over. Would make things like repairing pouches a little easier :thumbup:

Lol READING FAIL

"you’ll be able to use number keys to select from multiple chat options AND press the space bar instead of ’Click to continue‘."

"you’ll be able to use number keys to select from multiple chat options AND press the space bar instead of ’Click to continue‘."

So yeah it was specified:

space = click to continue

numbers = options

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really wonder why people are so happy about being able to skip through quest dialogues faster, I mean, the quest itself is the reward for me, not the rewards you get after the quest. :s

Ditto. And that's why so many people loved One Piercing Note, because they actually went through the quest reading/listening to the dialogue.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I really wonder why people are so happy about being able to skip through quest dialogues faster, I mean, the quest itself is the reward for me, not the rewards you get after the quest. :s

Ditto. And that's why so many people loved One Piercing Note, because they actually went through the quest reading/listening to the dialogue.

Indeed. I enjoyed listening to the dialogue more than reading it though. In some cases I can see why some want to skip through a quest dialogue faster if it's like "Are you sure you are ready to go?" etc. or if it has some side information for RuneScape lore that doesn't directly impact the outcome of the quest.

This month looks quite busy in regards to hopeful updates to come. =P Looking foward to Rogues' Den 2, toolbelt, and money pouch. :D Almost makes me feel like I'll have more inventory space again since RSC where we used to have 30 instead of 28. XD

It wouldn't only be useful for people who hate quests, but if you talk to an npc and know what it's going to say (possibly because you have to go through a lot of chat messages to get to the option you want), it would also be useful. I'll probably use the space bar to click continue while reading the dialogue, so I look forward to using it.

I am pretty sure people don't skip through dialogues because it bores them. I mean if one takes time to read through every single quest then you have spent then tons of time compared to skiping dialogues.

P.S Den showing his face? Always knew you were a troll lol.

I used to read all the dialogue and things until I got my quest cape (two years ago on Tuesday :)). I can generally tell the tone of what's going on by just glancing at the final page of writing, looking at the character's expression and reading my own dialogue. Reading through a bunch of pages of some explanation isn't very interesting to me anymore. However, I like doing quests.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

WASD controls wouldbe interesting to impliment, though I think I'd rather stick to my mouse. :3

Hotkeys for prayers and items may be released soon if Jagex keep this trend up, I definitly hope so!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

P.S Den showing his face? Always knew you were a troll lol.

Naaah. I just fell in love with JagexFace.jpg. That's why I use it. His smile never gets old imo. :P

I do quests just to finish them, and any potential unlocks

I'm happy about it

That's fine for you...but there are too many people out there who do that and then complain how bad the quest was or that they're stuck somewhere. Skipping dialogues is fast enough atm, no need to make it faster.

I do quests just to finish them, and any potential unlocks

I'm happy about it

That's fine for you...but there are too many people out there who do that and then complain how bad the quest was or that they're stuck somewhere. Skipping dialogues is fast enough atm, no need to make it faster.

This tangent is quite odd anyway, nothing in BTS remotely implied chat would be made quicker.

Simply that instead of clicking you'd be able to use numbers/space if you so wished.

Plv6Dz6.jpg