01-Dec-2011 Behind the Scenes - December

Saradomin_Mage

Player Loyalty – Batch 3 (members-only)

We’re bringing the latest set of loyalty rewards to Xuan’s shop, including Tier 3 auras and a tempting Tier 4 aura. There are 26 new auras in total across 4 tiers, but we haven’t stopped there: we will offer 4 new costume sets, 6 new titles, 3 recoloured objects and 8 new emotes! With the `12 Days of Christmas‘ (info below) offering you more points per day, there’s every reason to give a present to yourself.

The highlight has got to be the new Salvation and Corruption auras, which visibly add angelic or demonic wings to the back of your character while the aura is active. Not only do these look AMAZING but they recover prayer points and grant XP while being used. For those of you who are eager to unlock the first Tier 4 aura, we can reveal that it will be called Aegis: a shield that reduces damage by up to 10%!

Other rewards of note include the new ‘Awesome’ title, the LOLcano emote, a ring of stone recolour (allowing you to turn into different stones), the colonist outfit, and my own personal favourite, the highlander outfit.

Rogues Den 2 – Renamed ’Flash Powder Factory‘ (members-only)

Deep underground, Brian O’Richard has become depressed. His wonderful Rogues’ Den is full of cooks rather than thieves, using the everlasting fire to burn lobsters. It is hardly the purpose he had in mind for his wondrous cavern. To change his fortunes, this month Brian will open the doors to his Flash Powder Factory: the true purpose behind the Rogues’ Den.

Featuring a brand new agility arena, you’re invited to help Richard make flash powder while earning Thieving, Herblore and Agility XP. You’ll be plotting an optimal path through obstacles to pick up the catalysts and reagents you need, while blocking the paths of your competitors. You‘ll dodge and weave as you compete with other players to steal as many sets of bonus apparatus as you can, to make the flashiest of flash powder!

Those particularly keen on the area might find themselves interested in the unique armour reward, which gives additional benefits while playing. Outside of the area, wearers of this unique gear will find some of their potions are made as 4-dose pots instead of 3-, and will gain small amounts of XP when making unfinished potions. Old Rogues’ Den rewards are still achievable, and don’t worry: the fire’s still there!

Warning: There are new Thieving and Agility requirements of 75 (previously 50), and a new Herblore requirement of 50.

The Really Wild Rework – New Wilderness Surface Environment Graphics (free and members)

Our artists have once again been hard at work redesigning some of the surface world, this time focusing on the dark, violent plains of the Wilderness. Expect to see new lighting and lava effects, redesigned castle ruins and a few new surprises. This update only covers the surface environment, but Mod GFX and his team are eager to start work on dungeons and Wilderness NPCs in the future. As always, be careful in the Wilderness! PK’ers rarely take prisoners...

Christmas 2011 - A Towering Feast (free and members rewards)

This year, our event focuses on some of the oldest and dearest characters of RuneScape: the wizards of Wizards’ Tower! Unknown to many (aside from Party Pete), wizards are among the hardest partiers in RuneScape, and their events are often the result of ten wizard mind bombs too many. Make a feast using a multicannon! Chase rogue decorations around as they make a bid for freedom! Cover the Wizards’ Tower basement with snow emitters! Tease Timmy, the imprisoned demon! Even join in with the creation of a snowman army! Rewards include a new Chaotic Cookery emote (based on the aforementioned cannon-based cookery), a curious new wand and a brand new pet (for members only).

Oh, and 30 more slots of bank space for members!

A little treat from us this Christmas!

Improvement Projects (free and members)

We will be releasing a batch of projects this month that will hopefully relieve a few irritations you may have experienced. These are the first of many upgrades and improvements to reduce the number of ‘clicks’ you perform RuneScape, so expect more to come.

Conversation Update

We are upgrading the main chat panels you see when interacting with NPCs. We’ve gone for a modern, fresher look, while still retaining something unique and fitting for RuneScape. These upgrades are not just graphical: you’ll be able to use number keys to select from multiple chat options AND press the space bar instead of ’Click to continue‘. You can even hold down the space bar to fast-track through conversations.

Toolbelt

On release, you’ll notice a brand new button, accessed via the worn inventory screen. This is the toolbelt, and it will act like a new equip ’slot‘ that can carry all of your basic tools: from farming implements to tinderboxes. The toolbelt has no prerequisites and won’t occupy any inventory or worn slots. Using it couldn’t be simpler, as all resources can now be single-clicked, meaning you won’t need to withdraw a tool in order to use it.

Money Pouch

At its core, the money pouch is like an additional and free inventory slot for coins. You can use your pouch to store up to 2.1 billion GP and, in MOST situations, coins picked up are added directly to your money pouch. All financial interactions are now handled directly by the pouch, so you won’t need to withdraw cash into your inventory to use it (although you still can, if you wish). As was true before this update, coins are safe from being dropped on death unless they are in your inventory when you die in the Wilderness.

12 Days of Christmas

It’s that time of the year, so we’re giving away some extra presents during the 12 Days of Christmas! Every day from the 25th of December 2011 through to the 5th of January 2012, you can claim up to 6,000 total Loyalty Points if you’re part of the Members Loyalty Programme. Login to a members’ world and you’ll receive 500 points each day. So, start planning your purchases by checking out what’s new this month, and be the first to get your cool new items!

Not part of the Members Loyalty Programme yet? Simply head over to find out more here, and sign up today so you can claim your bonus points during this period!

RuneFest 2012

If you’ve not already spotted the latest poll, why not head over and have your say on the location of RuneFest 2012. Hurry though, the poll closes on the 4th of December!

Have fun...and have a great Christmas, wherever you are!

Mod Mark

RS Lead Designer

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moneypouch, screw everything else, that's all I need and want from this month.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Toolbelt and money bag sound great, going to enjoy them when the FPS problem gets solved.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Finally the belt slot :D and more useful then I would have thought :D

Stupid that the loyalty points bonus is just after xmas... guess when I am not home... lol

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Provided they don't screw up anything *too* badly, this month is going to be in the top 3 for best months of 2011 in my opinion.

I cannot wait to get the good stuff from loyalty. The cosmetic auras look fun (wings for a harpy!).

Belt slot at least is a dream come true.

Harpy Aura?

Harpy Aura.

Bank space and loyalty points are also win, im stocking up.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Harpy Aura?

Harpy Aura.

I'm praying the winged aura isn't insanely expensive (bad pun), since it looks entirely cosmetic. I curious if that means it'll last really long.

Would be annoyed if it gave really tiny wings.

Awesome. I can now store 30 more effigies in my bank.

Does this mean we can also just keep all of our coins in our pouch at all times with no risk whatsoever? That means 31 more effigies.

Can tools in the tool belt be lost?

Harpy Aura?

Harpy Aura.

I'm praying the winged aura isn't insanely expensive (bad pun), since it looks entirely cosmetic. I curious if that means it'll last really long.

Doubt it. They will want it to show off the graphics. Hopefully Zilyiana style?

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Read it again, it's not entirely cosmetic.

Yeah, got too excited. Looks like it'll be a tier 2 from the description.

I think I know what I want to save my points for, unless I find out the aura's wings are pathetic-looking.

Good bet the t4 auras will cost 60k+ points.

intresting..

Rogues Den 2, seams fun, just hope the special armour is a bit les rare than the ibis clothing =P

wildernes: meh i would rather have seen other areas reworked, but i hope to se a significant change to the area.

reduce the number of clicks you perform RuneScape

realy wonder where they are going to integrate this, considering we have mak x almost everywhere ;O

1 click agility course? :P i would not mind X)

been waiting for the bank space forever :D i do wish they would have 2x the amount to 60 new tho. but i guess I will have to keep selling everything after each slay task :P

toll belt, 1 more ash to altar? *plox* lol

Money pouch? hope they make a extra wilderness warning ;O

will be a nice month, even if i will not be around for most of it :)

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Awesome. I can now store 30 more effigies in my bank.

Does this mean we can also just keep all of our coins in our pouch at all times with no risk whatsoever? That means 31 more effigies.

Can tools in the tool belt be lost?

Well it might be more than 31 since the bag will take all the different types of money and the tool belt will take all tools, so likely to be a good bit more than 31.

howlin1eeveesig.png

Money bag, tool belt and more bankspace. 'Tis good to be a senile packrat in December! :thumbsup:

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

This T4 aura looks promising. I'm hoping for about 50k points, so I can buy by January.

yqe0mrU.jpg

[hide=Lewtations]