01-Dec-2011 Behind the Scenes - December

Saradomin_Mage

Sounds pretty good.

I dont consider more bank space a 'treat' as its been long overdue and 30 isnt that many UNLESS the belt stores lots of items to empty bank further. Im hoping it does but either way that slot sounds good too.

i want the money pouch too but I know I sure as hell wont be using it with any large amount until a month after its released into game. Pretty much expecting everyone to be complaining about losing money from that pouch within first few weeks due to bugs.

Lots of things to wait for really to find out how they function. I try not get excited and mostly just ganna wait and see.

(Btw - No roof boss for dominion tower yet? Pftt.)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player Loyalty Batch 3 (members-only)

Were bringing the latest set of loyalty rewards to Xuans shop, including Tier 3 auras and a tempting Tier 4 aura. There are 26 new auras in total across 4 tiers, but we havent stopped there: we will offer 4 new costume sets, 6 new titles, 3 recoloured objects and 8 new emotes! With the `12 Days of Christmas (info below) offering you more points per day, theres every reason to give a present to yourself.

The highlight has got to be the new Salvation and Corruption auras, which visibly add angelic or demonic wings to the back of your character while the aura is active. Not only do these look AMAZING but they recover prayer points and grant XP while being used. For those of you who are eager to unlock the first Tier 4 aura, we can reveal that it will be called Aegis: a shield that reduces damage by up to 10%!

Other rewards of note include the new Awesome title, the LOLcano emote, a ring of stone recolour (allowing you to turn into different stones), the colonist outfit, and my own personal favourite, the highlander outfit.

Mod Mark

RS Lead Designer

Ugh, what happened to this game?

Jagex is trying to discourage me from buying the wunderkind title...

I'm glad the wildy is getting a graphical update, more cause to panic-log at the first sign of a white dot on minimap!

Bank space is always nice, though sometimes I wish i could have less so I could get rid of the sentimental junk that clutters my bank.

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

[hide=Progression of Thought]>Oh, and 30 more slots of bank space for members!

Yes, go on!

>Improvement Projects (free and members)

GO ON!

>Toolbelt

GIVE ME MORE

>Money Pouch / At its core, the money pouch is like an additional and free inventory slot for coins. You can use your pouch to store up to 2.1 billion GP and, in MOST situations, coins picked up are added directly to your money pouch

OH MAN

>12 Days of Christmas

Awesomeeee.[/hide]

On the whole, I'm very excited for this month. Sadly most of it isn't for the main chunk of content--the new Rouge's Den--but I'm still remaining optimistic for that one. But come on, with so many other amazing little things, it's really hard not to be happy.

hzvjpwS.gif

Player Loyalty Batch 3 (members-only)

Were bringing the latest set of loyalty rewards to Xuans shop, including Tier 3 auras and a tempting Tier 4 aura. There are 26 new auras in total across 4 tiers, but we havent stopped there: we will offer 4 new costume sets, 6 new titles, 3 recoloured objects and 8 new emotes! With the `12 Days of Christmas (info below) offering you more points per day, theres every reason to give a present to yourself.

The highlight has got to be the new Salvation and Corruption auras, which visibly add angelic or demonic wings to the back of your character while the aura is active. Not only do these look AMAZING but they recover prayer points and grant XP while being used. For those of you who are eager to unlock the first Tier 4 aura, we can reveal that it will be called Aegis: a shield that reduces damage by up to 10%!

Other rewards of note include the new Awesome title, the LOLcano emote, a ring of stone recolour (allowing you to turn into different stones), the colonist outfit, and my own personal favourite, the highlander outfit.

Mod Mark

RS Lead Designer

Ugh, what happened to this game?

very little

If you are trying to suggest that the new stuff like lolcano emote and awesome title are childish or something, what about wielding cabbages/cabbages april fools bts,a wieldable rubber chicken, bunny ears, etc

A lolcano emote is no more silly than a rubber chicken dance, stop trying to make some sort of deep statement about how runescape is sliding down the drain, it is just irritating.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I like the money pouch and tool belt...but boo on most of these updates being heavily slanted to sell sell sell members. Even the christmas event, which just have to have a members only part.... No goodwill even for christmas :(

And yet they keep shamelessly claiming to be the number one free game.

Holiday events have had members only items/parts for what, 4 or 5 years now? It's nothing new. Just more complaining from the usual suspects for no good reason.

Only since the start of this year actually with the Wintumber Tree in 2006 is the only exception unless I'm mistaken.
imagangster.png

I like the money pouch and tool belt...but boo on most of these updates being heavily slanted to sell sell sell members. Even the christmas event, which just have to have a members only part.... No goodwill even for christmas :(

Holiday events have had members only items/parts for what, 4 or 5 years now? It's nothing new. Just more complaining from the usual suspects for no good reason.

Only since the start of this year actually with the Wintumber Tree in 2006 is the only exception unless I'm mistaken.

You are indeed correct.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The snow imp event had members only parts (I believe experience rewards iirc). The quests were available for only 2 weeks or so for free players then were made members only. Swept Away broom has members only rewards. That's just off the top of my head. Again, it's nothing new that members get some small extras for the event, be it another item, some bonus experience or whatever.

Really happy about the bank space. :)

Knowing me I'll likely have that space filled in a few days. Lol

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I love all of these updates.

Have been waiting for a rogues den update for years.

Don't need the agility or thieving xp, so hoping the extra herblore xp is decent. ^_^

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

Hmm, I can only get to the forums through my history, because Tip.it home won't load. :mellow:

Bank space sounds nice but almost too-little-too-late. I know some people have been hurting for quite a while (me!) :(

And now I'm regretting buying Disappear this week... -.-

Lol the wings...

Do you have to buy the lower tiers of an aura to buy the higher ones?

2dgucz6.png

My overall opinion on this month's planned updates: Hey, some kinda cool stuff coming. Nothing earth-shattering, fortunately.

Loyalty points stuff - I'll probably get all the loyalty points I can from the twelve days of Christmas, especially since I won't have a ton to do at that time anyway (woo for long breaks from school). And I'm sure those new auras will be useful, and the wings sounds cool and all. But I'd still prefer the whole Loyalty Program to not exist.

Moneypouch and toolbelt - They'll be useful, but I'm not entirely sure I like the idea... I think that's more me disliking change as opposed to any significant reason though, so I'll wait and see how it goes. It really doesn't matter much to me, though. Makes farming a bit easier, I suppose.

Wilderness graphics update - this is one that I'm happy to see. The Wilderness should look properly DOOM-full, and right now it doesn't.

Chat interface updates - WOOOOOO!!! Keyboard controls AT LAST!

Rouges Den update - Glad to see that they're keeping the current stuff, after the mildly annoying removal of the old Gnome restaurant minigame. Could be interesting; I look forward to seeing what it's like.

Bank space - Yay.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Yay. More rewards from the members' lazy scheme. :mellow:

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Okay month considering they have been coasting through the last 5.

Toolbelt and Coin Pouch make no sense.

Let's see we already have the rogue's den toolkit, the dwarven multipurpose tool, and now what?

Some extra slots on a soon to be cluttered equipment screen.

Whats the point of that? Save one inventory spot.

Going to be real fun when you die and a bunch of tools spawn on top of your grave...

The coin pouch is just made for wilderness paydays.

Its written in Jagex english which means it's "un-understandable"*.

Let's face it when you die all that junk in your new coin slot on the equipment screen is going to fall to the ground and somebody is going to take it.

If you think any other way you're in for a very rude awakening.

Remember this is jagex, you have been warned.

*copyright 2011 Golvellius

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

It makes a lot of things more convenient. Say you're on a slayer task and you have a couple more kills to go but you're out of food/prayer. You ask the fellow beside you if you can buy a shark. He says 'sure, for 20k'. All you have is 1000 fire runes and some untradable potions left in your inv. If only you had a ginat stack of cash with you.... well now you do!

You don't have to put your entire life savings into your gold pouch, you can just carry the odd 1000's so you can buy whatever stock shops you come across without having to remember to bring your cash with you everytime. Besides you only lose your money in the wilderness. Bringing money to the wilderness, with or without the gold pouch, is going to be foolish. It's just an extra storage for your GP without having to put it in the inventory.

I'll most likely be putting Chisel, hammer, saw and tinderbox into my belt. I seem to have the most use for them the most. I don't care very much about the farming ones, the leprechaun is already convinient enough that I don't justify carrying them around all the time. Chisels are definitely useful for the slayer tasks, making bolt tips to make them stackable.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Wow, sounds like a great month of updates.

The gp pouch sounds like the RS version of a Bank Debit Card. The card gets you access to your bank account. However, if your card is stolen, you don't lose your bank.

The belt and the one-click updates are always welcomed. More conveniece (less clicking) in the grind intensive skilling is never a bad thing.

The rouge's den sounds great, especially with items that improve skilling in a (player determined) expensive skill.

And of course Auras. I'm in love with the JoaT aura (it's like doubling of penguin points) and the Surefoot aura is 40 minutes of constant run energy. Hopefully the non-cosmetic auras are just as good.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

It makes a lot of things more convenient. Say you're on a slayer task and you have a couple more kills to go but you're out of food/prayer. You ask the fellow beside you if you can buy a shark. He says 'sure, for 20k'. All you have is 1000 fire runes and some untradable potions left in your inv. If only you had a ginat stack of cash with you.... well now you do!

You do realize Golvellius is probably trolling right?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.