A Very Barrows New Year

Saradomin_Mage

Yeah I can't say that the barrows armour looks better...more detailed yes, but the green colour really doesn't fit, and the design isn't really all that great. Surprising really, since the graphics department usually does a great job.

I find ahrim's especially ridiculous. Have you loocked at that hood? Looks like someone put a sack over your head >.> You can't even see anything!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else noticed that some of the Brothers have had their combat levels changed? All the melee brothers used to be level 115 but now Dharok is the highest at level 196.

I like the new designs. I think they're a vast improvement on the old ones.

Sylpheed.png

The higher levels actually mean that they're marginally harder to kill now.

Anyway, we need to add "stop idiots from placing their vexelliums, or anything for that matter, on top of the spades."

Also, I kind of like the green, because it's an improvement over POOP BROWN. Also, Akrisae's clothing is not several hundred years old, so it shouldn't really look that way...maybe if they were pink like the old crypt? That would have just blown your minds.

The weapon designs were going a bit too far though.

8f14270694.jpg

I started to cut my wrists once I saw Karil's armor. Then I tried dumping it in the GE, but everyone else seems to think that it looks like crap too. That shit is hard to sell for -5%. I had to sell the Karil's skirt for -12%.

Has anyone else noticed that some of the Brothers have had their combat levels changed? All the melee brothers used to be level 115 but now Dharok is the highest at level 196.

Didn't notice, thanks for pointing this out. They still die in 2 hits though, lol.

Has anyone else noticed that the brothers themselves have matching gloves and boots now? Too bad the time couldn't be taken to release those into the chest.

2dgucz6.png

You also don't need to bring a spade in the inventory. Just have one in your toolbelt, and click the 'Dig-with Spades' option at top of the mounds.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Did a barrows run, lag of people there almost got me killed. Brb german server. :thumbup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I actually like the new look. Do I see a barrows recolour loyalty reward coming? Black, silver, gold, etc there are a few metallic colours that would make them look better.

2480+ total

Also, the firemaking requirement for the upcoming quest "The Firemaker's curse", has been reduced to 74.

The 76 Construction requirement is still unchanged!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Also, the firemaking requirement for the upcoming quest "The Firemaker's curse", has been reduced to 74.

74? I would have accepted 85 or hell, 80. but 74's just a kick in the teeth. looks like the whiners won :<\

I started to cut my wrists once I saw Karil's armor. Then I tried dumping it in the GE, but everyone else seems to think that it looks like crap too. That shit is hard to sell for -5%. I had to sell the Karil's skirt for -12%.

I like it though :mellow:

Popoto.~<3

It's 76 constitution(hp)

Also, the rewards for the quest now require 91 fm

74? I would have accepted 85 or hell, 80. but 74's just a kick in the teeth. looks like the whiners won :<\

The ones who will complain about the quest sucking and a waste of their "effort" will likely be the same whiners I bet.

I love the new armor look to be honest. Aside from how Ahrim hood looks like a rip from Darkmeyer hood and Karil's set looking odd, I am pleased with the graphics. Same can be said for the area itself with each brother having a zombie look as well as their own level. It's still kind of weird they added Visage to the drop table with the chest.

Made a before/after video for anyone interested:

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click

Either I have very poor luck, or everybody else has insane luck.

30 runs at barrows with the best loot being a loop half :cry:

Edit: Got a guthan's spear the next run lol.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

I like how the new weapons look, thought they did add bit of flavour with the shiney green glow. I do have a problem with Verac's Flail looking like a futuristic laser gun while it was in Inventory though... didn't recognise it as a 'Flail'.

I am somewhat disappointed at Dharok Axe's blade though, I would have expected it to look as big as the old design.

Had a visage drop last night just about 1h after release, and seen 2 drop before that, so DFS is on the way to crash... Not that I would ever use DFS anyway.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Only thing I dont like is Ahrims "Sceptre".

As well as everyone elses's luck. LET ME BE RICH FOR ONCE JAGEX.

EDIT: And the doors. cant use them if someone else is walking thru them.

Popoto.~<3

EDIT: And the doors. cant use them if someone else is walking thru them.

It was always like that. That is why I loathe door spamming to get monsters and when a lot of people barrow. It messes me up. <_<

Some balance beams are no longer invisible in DirectX mode.

What? I really don't know what they mean by this.

The Task System button no longer looks highlighted.

Everyone say WB to my functions. ;).

09144a99bb.png

I reaaaally want them to fix the doors so that multiple people can use them. AND make the damn puzzles not close when a monster attacks. That is such a pain to do when I can't click fast enough :(

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

...make the damn puzzles not close when a monster attacks. That is such a pain to do when I can't click fast enough :(

They already fixed this, They made it so only one monster will attack you when doing puzzle - once you kill them in about 5 seconds you have as long as you want to answer puzzle - Rather than ALWAYS having them aggressive to you as it used to be.

Anyone else noticed that know there is no visible way to tell if a door is 'dead' or not, Prior to update it was a slightly darker coulor.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.