The Firemaker's Curse - 11 - Jan

Carl

An adventurer is most at home when confronted with an unexplored dungeon. So, this week, we present one that is dark, mysterious, loaded with rewards and offering a surprise at every turn. Would an adventurer expect any less? But, in this sulphurous, highly flammable cave network, something more hazardous stirs. A mysterious entity lies in wait; urging you forward; hungry for revenge and fire. A foe such as this can’t be faced in a straight-up fight, so it’s only with ingenuity, guile and a heart of flame that you’ll come away unburned.

You’re not alone, though. Seven firemakers have heard that hidden knowledge – arcane secrets of firemaking – lie in the cave system, and they wish you to lead the way through the dimly lit depths. As their leader, your choices will determine whether they live or die. So, will you leave the caverns with a full complement of firemakers, or will you let death thin their ranks?

Bring light to the dungeon complex and you will reveal some of firemaking’s oldest and most illuminating secrets. Successful adventurers will gain XP; will be able to participate in two new circus events; and will have access to a new firemaking training method. There are also four new blazing pets to call your own.

Summary:

Where to start The Firemaker’s Curse:

Talk to Phoenix, south of Eagles’ Peak and west of the Tree Gnome Stronghold.

Requirements to start The Firemaker’s Curse:

This is a members' quest

Level 74 Firemaking

Level 76 Constitution

Level 64 Agility

The new training method, and pets, are available at 91 Firemaking.

Mod Ana

In other news:

The Firemaker’s Curse is a choice-based quest, and your choices determine who lives or dies. While there is a path through the quest where (almost) nobody dies, any incorrect choices will not adversely affect your game experience or reward. With this in mind, we would recommend that you do not use a walkthrough.

This week's quest features Sera - the character voted for by you in our recent guaranteed content poll!

If you haven't already, be sure to take a look at our latest Lores & Histories story: Twice Burnt, to read up on the back-story of today's quest.

Leaving a Flash Powder Factory game more than two minutes early will now incur a penalty of up to 50%. Running out of catalyst powder will no longer end a game; just prevent the player from making flash powder. Finally, being trapped in a corridor for too long will no longer end the game; just teleport the player to a random corner of the arena.

11-Jan-2012 11:26:37

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature.

Graphical:

A broken fence is now reachable near the Barrows area.

A clearer font is now being used in the minimenu and the mouseover popups.

The necromancer robe bottom no longer stretches on female characters.

Ozan no longer flicks an arrow through the guard observing him in Varrock.

A floating tree in the Wilderness has been removed.

The Cheongsam skirt no longer stretches when performing certain emotes.

The money pouch icon no longer flickers in fixed screen mode in safe mode.

Some pots at the camp in the Lumbridge Swamp no longer clip with the ground.

A tile where players could hide in Clan Wars has been fixed.

The Loyalty shop icon has been added to the World map's legend.

Portions of the bridges in the Lava Flow Mine can no longer be temporarily deleted by planting flowers.

Players' feet no longer clip through the floor in the upper level of the Ancient Cavern.

Certain capes no longer clip through the photo booth.

A broken fire in the outlaw camp near Edgeville is now animated correctly.

Quests & Tasks:

Duradel will no longer attempt to talk to the player after While Guthix Sleeps via an enchanted gem.

A small typo in the Branches of Darkmeyer quest journal has been fixed.

Checking charges on Drakan's medallion now uses the correct grammar when the medallion has one charge left.

It is now possible to use the pickaxe in the player's toolbelt during Enakhra's Lament.

The tinderbox in a toolbelt can now be used to light K'Chunk's fire on the island south of Mos Le'Harmless.

Skills & Minigames:

Obtaining a sceptre of the gods now works correctly with a full inventory.

Attempting to recharge a shield from Stealing Creation now works correctly.

The skill advance guide for level 50 Herblore now states that the player has the required Herblore level for Flash Powder Factory, instead of Agility.

Other:

The "Chaotic Cookery" music track is now unlocked for all players on login.

The "You have already used your low alchemy charges" message will no longer appear when quickly switching between the Explorer's ring and another ring.

Pineapples no longer have "slice" as the top option.

Bananas now have a "slice" option.

The Dervish costume's headgear now correctly protects players from desert dehydration.

The icon in the skill guide for the Warriors' Guild has been updated to no longer use the defunct Warriors' Guild tokens.

Reclaiming the Jack of Trades aura no longer gives a message about failing to obtain enough XP for the reward.

The Flash Powder Factory and Polypore Dungeon entries of the skill advance guide have been switched around.

Examining an object in a bank no longer brings up a popup over the inventory.

The magic shortbow's special attack will no longer work if the player only has one arrow.

Vampyres in the God Wars dungeon are no longer referred to as Vampires.

The Clan skilling ring now works correctly for Summoning if the player's Summoning level has been drained.

Damage taken from killing a carnivorous chinchompa now counts as normal combat damage.

The message given when adding a single coin to a player's money pouch now uses the correct grammar.

A typo has been fixed when using the sawmill without the correct amount of money.

The money pouch now shows the correct increase in wealth when receiving multiple coins through pickpocketing.

The "Deposit all from money pouch" button has been moved to the right-hand side of the "Deposit all from Beast of burden" button in the bank interface.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving a Flash Powder Factory game more than two minutes early will now incur a penalty of up to 50%. Running out of catalyst powder will no longer end a game; just prevent the player from making flash powder. Finally, being trapped in a corridor for too long will no longer end the game; just teleport the player to a random corner of the arena.

WHAT?!

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

"While there is a path through the quest where (almost) nobody dies, any incorrect choices will not adversely affect your game experience or reward. With this in mind, we would recommend that you do not use a walkthrough." Lol

Sounds nice

howlin1eeveesig.png

WHAT?!

Ffff Jagex why ruin it ;_;

Quest looks nice, I guess.

Also, are visages gone from barrows? Couldn't find anything about it.

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

WHAT?!

What a stupid decision :/..

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

WHAT?!

Guess its back to effigycrafting agil for me then.. FPF was actually fun and good xp but not too much :(

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

WHAT?!

What a stupid decision :/..

Typical Jagex; instead of fixing the MORONIC mechanic that all points over 500 are worth 1/10th of those below 500 they just force you to stay longer.

The logical fix would be either ALL points carry the same weight, not being 0.2 for first 500 then dropping to 0.02, OR the higher points are worth more, eg the first 500 worth 0.02 then those over worth 0.2.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Oh another thing, you can't do lava flow mining it's glitched you can't go on the bridges.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Apparently dying in certain PVP minigames such as Soul Wars and Castle Wars causes you to lose all your stuff now (gravestoned though). Just a warning.

Edit : TIME PLAYED IS BACK ON ADVENTURER LOGS YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm stumped on this quest already; in first cave complete the fire arrow symbol...nothing happens.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Apparently dying in certain PVP minigames such as Soul Wars and Castle Wars causes you to lose all your stuff now (gravestoned though). Just a warning.

Edit : TIME PLAYED IS BACK ON ADVENTURER LOGS YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Minigames are hotfixed now apparently, so they're safe again.

Fires go out too fast. I was looking forward to this quest, but now it seems I can't even get past the second puzzle.

Also, there being no reference for how big the shapes should be is bloody annoying.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Anyone else having a problem with their adventurers log? I'm getting told:

This account either does not exist or has never logged in to RuneScape.

Please check the account name and try again.

I can see myself on the highscores but not this?

howlin1eeveesig.png

Let me guess... they still haven't fixed the damn DirectX/Bloom bug?

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Yea, I was told that they replaced days played, so I wanted to check mine, but apparently I'm not allowed to <_<

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

I can see yours just fine: http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=howlin1

Yours too Ellac.

Are you two talking about the version when you logged in?

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!