Preventing others from succeeding

TC3

I was in my last floor before 100 dungeoneering and we came across a soulgazer and I was the only one who could pot to 99. We got all the ingredients for a pot together and a guy was making a few pots for me when suddenly someone decided to kick me. Apparently the rest of the team agreed that if they can't have a hex then I certainly shouldn't... On top of getting kicked from my chance at a hex I also didn't make it to 100 dung after KEYING for these people.

Some people are so sad....

Anyone else have stories like this?

I can see this becoming an issue, if two people have 99 slayer, one is a randomer, the team might decide to kick that person, on the chance that there is a Hex :wall:

Best thing to do is dg with friends imo.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I can see this becoming an issue, if two people have 99 slayer, one is a randomer, the team might decide to kick that person, on the chance that there is a Hex :wall:

Best thing to do is dg with friends imo.

He was the only one able to pot to 99 though so the others on his team were essentially just being jerks to him. Either way I'd second playing with friends or at least join a reputable dungeoneering clan where you can get to know a lot of the people.

Ouch, that's really mean. I've had similiar incidents. (kicked right before bosses)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I would LOVE to join a dungeoneering clan or dungeoneer with friends but with clans it seems like most of them are super serious and require high activity levels, which isn't bad but it's hard to maintain sometimes, or the clan is relaxed but doesn't have many floors and most floors are slow. With friends the problem is that most of them aren't serious enough. For those reasons I'm usually stuck with randoms :cry:

Oh well, maybe I'll get another chance at a hex in the near future and I'll try and find a clan that's sort of in between requiring tons of floors to be done everyday by everyone aswell as having really high dg and a clan that sucks basically... But ya, basically done with randoms at this point...

I would LOVE to join a dungeoneering clan or dungeoneer with friends but with clans it seems like most of them are super serious and require high activity levels, which isn't bad but it's hard to maintain sometimes, or the clan is relaxed but doesn't have many floors and most floors are slow.

There are a few that aren't like that. EoE, DGFamily (i think), etc.

hzvjpwS.gif

Geez... This is like yet one more reason to dungeoneer solo. Since I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to dungeoneering, I guess it is a good thing that I go solo. :(

~D. V. "If there are jerks, avoiding may be the best option." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Usually what happens with soulgazers is I kill it while other randoms stand under it trying to snipe the drop. There's no way to avoid jerks when soulgazers are concerned. I'm somewhat worried that when a soulgazer does end up dropping something it will be stolen from me.

2480+ total

Usually what happens with soulgazers is I kill it while other randoms stand under it trying to snipe the drop. There's no way to avoid jerks when soulgazers are concerned. I'm somewhat worried that when a soulgazer does end up dropping something it will be stolen from me.

Not possible anymore as jagex has made it now that the person who did the most damage does get the drop for the first 30 seconds.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Not possible anymore as jagex has made it now that the person who did the most damage does get the drop for the first 30 seconds.

They can still kick him, though, which was a major concern since all the way back when.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I think there should be timer before someone gets kicked. Sure this could lead to other problems but they could make it so that the person getting kicked has all keys/ggs/chisel taken out of their inventory and sent to base. They will also not be allowed to pick up the ggs/keys after the kick vote has gone through.

I think there should be timer before someone gets kicked. Sure this could lead to other problems but they could make it so that the person getting kicked has all keys/ggs/chisel taken out of their inventory and sent to base. They will also not be allowed to pick up the ggs/keys after the kick vote has gone through.

YOU WILL BE KICKED FROM THIS PARTY IN 15 SECONDS.

SPEND THIS TIME TO MESS UP THEIR DUNGEON AS MUCH AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

They can still kick him, though, which was a major concern since all the way back when.

Really? That's awesome, I'm quite relieved lol. I'm not too worried about being kicked because I'm certain I can delete a bound item and bind the hex before they have enough time to realize I got a hex and get the vote through.

2480+ total

Hmmm, I personally have just started dungeoneering, I currently have 30 dung and have already had 5 or 6 cases of which people ditch the party. It's just annoying and absurd.

Wow... The fact that you didn't get 100 just adds insult to injury. What a bunch of jerks.

This. Honestly, this is just one more reason why I don't get involved with dungeoneering (cannot find a good clan and I hate randoms) because the evident behavior reconfirms my disliking of teamwork ingame since it gives an incentive to backstab another if it means they could get a rather rare item for themselves. I even had this happen to me before so I essentially won't kill a soulgazer in the dungeon unless it was with friends. With more and more people getting their desired items and levels, there are less legitimately good players and the only thing replacing them are those don't match in skill. I can put up with the testosterone output with anger and impatience and the slow pace if they are bumbling (if they can learn), but the backstabbing, especially if the dungeon is almost over, the wound is rather deep.

At least you can still get 100. :)

Fray: I love your idea.

The odds of even finding a soulgazer without any 99 slayers.... wow. That's awful. Don't worry too much about it, though. There will always be another chance at it. I got my hex at gazer #30. Don't worry too much about missing one. That's probably not very helpful, but I'm just saying :P

Are 0%. Can't get it if no one can kill it.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

YOU WILL BE KICKED FROM THIS PARTY IN 15 SECONDS.

SPEND THIS TIME TO MESS UP THEIR DUNGEON AS MUCH AS IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

The only way I can think off is hiding keys. Maybe there are more ways but there has to be a way so that someone who just got a rare slayer drop can somehow retain it.