Effigy nerf

TheAncient

They can help the situation they have made by allowing you to assist for more than 30k exp per day. However, after the initial 30k exp, you gain no experience through assisting.

That would make people pay high levels to assist their effigies, because honestly I'm not going to stand at Daemonheim assisting people for no reward.

Well no, but you would assist a friend who needed one done. (unless you are just *that* efficient or cold hearted)

Also, it would also reward those people with high rc/herb/smithing exp with a little money if people were to pay them for assists.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys the hostility is kind of getting out of hand. You can disagree with each other but try to do it in more respectful and less cut throat terms.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

umm I'm just wondering how reduced is reduced. .

Only thing about this issue that I care about.

I created a new account following the tip it hack thing as I was unable to retrieve my old account due to it being registered with an email address that ceased to exist in 2007.

My previous username was Amethyst Gem

A combat player is forced to do many non combat skills to get their hands on Completionist cape (the best stats cape),

But when a combat player kills monsters for effigies to level RC through effigies - it's wrong?

TELL ME : How is it in the spirit of Combat to level skills you don't like to get your hands on a Cape that you want?

I find it hypocritical that EFfigies drop rate and cap has been put.

It takes 1) time to get Effigies and 2) Time to open them (whether that be boost or not).

I certainly used over 5min+ sometimes to open a effigy with boost. (Spicy stews).

With 5 Effigies cap ull have less effigies requiring same skill and level.

So you use between 3 to 10min to open ONE effigy. Not to mention if you get your 5th Effigy you might want to cancel what your doing if you want to keep on getting effigies.

Well, not being able to have more than 5 is good imo, people could just use over 100 effigies in one day and get a most XP in X skill in a day record without actually training the skill, thus taking the previous #1 spot away from someone who got it 'legit'

But reducing the chance after each effigy? Totally unnecesary. The 5 effigy cap was fine.

And I guess the nerf was necesary after the combat level update

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

"Before it gets worse" was SIX MONTHS A YEAR AGO.

This is too late, and happens to be actually worse than never, now that all these players already have had the advantage of them. Players who weren't fighting high level monsters or weren't able to now won't have this benefit, putting the other players that much more ahead of them.

8f14270694.jpg

Well, not being able to have more than 5 is good imo, people could just use over 100 effigies in one day and get a most XP in X skill in a day record without actually training the skill, thus taking the previous #1 spot away from someone who got it 'legit'

But reducing the chance after each effigy? Totally unnecesary. The 5 effigy cap was fine.

They could fix the game in a way that Effigies don't affect your highscore.

They don't have to ruin effigies

Problem is we can do nothing anymore to fix this as 2 years of effigy hoarding has already taken over the records page.

I don't think it was entirely needed. I can understand why mummies were nerfed. They were just way too easy. All you had to do was stand there, without clicking, and get effigies at a pretty damn decent rate. I was averaging more than 1 per hour.

What i don't understand is why Effigies as a whole got nerfed. To collect Effigies fast enough to make them an efficient alternative to training some of the slower skills you had to either:

a). Do something with that requires a high APM (Glacors/TDS) and have decent equipment to do so, or

b). Do something that required a lot of money (Cave Crawlers).

Either of these two would take a lot of work to get to the stage where you can efficiently do them. Making the money, doing the quests, etc.

Being so close to Max, planning everything out with the mind that i would have been using Effigies for a lot of the exp i still needed, this might be a bit of a setback.

Honestly didn't need the max cap of 5.. Just say can't open more than 5-6 final stages of effigy every few hrs.

The drop rate needed to be nerfed IMO, but not much. The bank cap is lame, though it does mean more people getting free assist xp..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I like this update. Many players who got 99 rc feel like they were being joked at since a person could just go and kill glacors. Twice the fun, twice the profit, twice the exp.

One thing is getting through slayer: yes I like that idea, but the fact that you make them even better than actually training the skill. And don't say it's still runecrafting, you're not doing anything about runecrafting to get xp on it.

But tbh, I blame jagex on this. They should have been more careful when they implemented them, especially since they offer way high xp rewards (if you don't assist). But this was getting out of hand, people thinking that effigying a skill was legit. Guess what, it is, but it ruins the spirit of the game and only promotes more and more pvm. So yes, good job jagex.

Skiller11101.png

Bosses ruined with this update:

Glacors

Miths

Zammy

Ganoderms

GG 4 repeatable batches of content

GG motivation to max

GG years of subscription

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Bosses ruined with this update:

Glacors

Miths

Zammy

Ganoderms

Define Ruined?

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Inefficient / useless to hunt

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

My interaction with effigies is pretty limited. To be honest, I hate them because I hate getting them opened (I only have 2 skills that can open them, so I always need at least two assists). That said, I have a friend who has been keeping all their construction effigies for me, and I've been using them to gain some extra xp. The current arrangement allowed him to get get one or two a day, and considering the starting stock pile, I was set for 30k con xp a day for another week or two at least (already been doing this for two now), and probably 1 or 2 a day every day after that until he decided to kill something else.

He gets enough a day that he might need to try and seek out other assisters for that skill, though I suppose con effigies are really easy to find if I want to take the time, so I'l live.

My real beef is the timing. People have been stockpiling effigies pretty much since they came out, and they are only now deciding they want to do something about it? Its a little late for that. If its going to be ruled that this was a problem, then it should have been fixed on the same week Jagex figured out people were hording them, not a year later.

Inefficient / useless to hunt

Because those were the only ways of obtaining effigies......?

I see now you edited that first post.

Edited by DRUMINATOR17

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

My main point is that there's very little motivation to hunt those now at any level. Maybe other than to train summoning. But jagex doesnt realize this update has a significant monetary / game content cost.

sigcopyaf.png

For the first time ever i was able to do my daily rc assists in less than 5 mins. this update is beneficial for those with the high levels required to open effigies but it forces lower levels to open their effigies without being able to stock pile them till they get the levels they need. :) / :(

The funny thing is that people are now going to rely on assists even more for xp

Which is even more "game breaking" than effigies

sigcopyaf.png

"Before it gets worse" was SIX MONTHS A YEAR AGO.

This is too late, and happens to be actually worse than never, now that all these players already have had the advantage of them. Players who weren't fighting high level monsters or weren't able to now won't have this benefit, putting the other players that much more ahead of them.

This.

Maxing just got 2x+ longer for those who dont have effigy skills. Should've been fixed soon after it came out, or not at all.

But In jagexs eyes, it only effects a SMALL number of people so it's perfectly fine. RoW Corp anyone?

Winarr.png

My main point is that there's very little motivation to hunt those now at any level. Maybe other than to train summoning. But jagex doesnt realize this update has a significant monetary / game content cost.

I can spot you that.

It's just that before you edited that first post with all the GG's, you made it sound like those were the only ways to obtain effigies period. Just sounded much more like a EVERYONE involved statement, which now stepping back and looking at the edit and you're last few posts, seems to be more a YOU statement.

Either way, folks tend to look at updates and how they effect THEM first before looking how they effect EVERYONE. Which is human nature, but might at times be slightly subjective.

That being said, I guess I could have came out worse off if I was a few hundred levels lower. I will still get my 10-12m exp day in the future and be a large chunk of exp closer to my max cape. Shame I will have to do it with only 67 / 75 effigies that I was trying to get tho... :rolleyes:

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

It seems to me that Jagex has, once again, reacted to a grandfathered problem in a totally backwards manner. Not to mention, the whole way they mentioned this issue gives me the feeling that they're not sure about their approach. I feel like, if Jagex really wanted to fix the problem that effigies allegedly caused, then they should start by reworking the skills, such that training with effigies really is just a side bonus, like it was intended to.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Effigy nerf should have been done sooner but then again Jagex probably didnt expect SUOMI to get 100m RC exp without picking up a piece or rune Essence.

That shows the power of Effigies. We dont need to be gettin them ever 90 mins and rage when we dont. They should have been implemented as a little reward for training combat, every 4+ hours or so.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

The funny thing is that people are now going to rely on assists even more for xp

Which is even more "game breaking" than effigies

Funny Part is, you are right. The more and more I look at this whole effigy change, the more it pushes the two sides of the community further apart.

And the more and more it benefits me / the higher level / elitest side of the community over the regular / average players. (all 500 effigys used for xp record days aside.)

As much exp as people have gotten off effigies, I think its easily safe to say that more people have gotten 30k RC exp a day for example, then they have gotten multiple effigies daily.

Without a doubt, you could prolly check my exp on runetracker, and all those RC assists will easily tally up to as much as or more exp then I could ever get opening my 67 effigies right now and using them all on RC...

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

IMO the best way to solve the perceived effigy problem is to reduce droprate by a factor of 2. The other limitations are unnecessary.

sigcopyaf.png