20-Mar-2012 - Bakriminel Bolts

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people saying Storm is so expensive? It's cheaper than Surge and Barrage spells because of the higher amount of damage you deal per rune.

The only reason range stands a chance against Magic right now is because leeches are broken for mages. Once they fix that bug rangers will be dominated by mages once more.

If you are going for a cost base decision making, do note that SoA has a higher KO potential. Every value added to the burst (and thus KO potential) is exponentially more worth in terms of value. There is a lot to be considered.

Just remember that spending an extra 500k on spells to win 10m (or to not lose 10m) is definitly worth it.

For balance issues, Runescape is extremely hard to balance if you compare it to games like WoW.

In WoW, everyone has the same potential to get gear (depending on effort you put it), much like Runescape. Same

HOWEVER! most fights are between NON-EVEN levels, which makes balancing harder. In a lot of MMORPG, the real game (hardcore PvP / PvM) doesn't start until you reach the final level. different

Even if you were to use same levels (most likely maxed out), you still can't compare gear. In WoW, gear has a pointed rating. Each stat is valued and a certain amount of points is distributed over multiple stats. I don't see that happening on Runescape items yet. Until they do so, balance is hardly worth a discussion.

Last thing, and this is most likely the worst, the money spent on each class ISN'T compareble. You simply are unable to compare a fixed price (Sword) vs. a variable price (Runes) in a PvP situation UNLESS the price is neglectable, which for the (by far) majority isn't the case..

To sum up:

- Level difference

- Gear level difference

- Pricing difference

- Only availability is ''fair'' (in the end, those who spent more time and effort should have some sort of reward, that's the big idea about most MMORPG's)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

There are very simple things Jagex can do to improve range and mage.

For example, why isn't there a turmoil version for range and mage? Why do range and mage potions give a smaller boost than melee potions? Why do bosses like Graardor have massive mage defence? What kind of balance is that? And by the looks of it they have absolutely no idea how to balance the combat triangle (I'm looking at you ganodermic armor)... :unsure:

Maybe their reluctance to give a ranged version of turmoil (29% boost) is because of this:

[hide]77022023.png

But seriously, that's a pretty sad reason if that's the case.[/hide]

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

So because of one weapon the whole skill should suffer? Nerf the special attack.

There's even a precedent for that. The magic shortbow was once thought to be too overpowered and was nerfed.

I wrote this up a while back:

Combat rework basics

Make all potion boosts of the same tier equal; introduce super ranging and magic potions; introduce a ranged variant of turmoil and augury; change the way magic level affects hits; add life point boosts to cheaper equipment; increase certain boss' health.

[hide]Regular potions: +12

Super potions: +19

Extreme potions/overloads: +26

Ranged turmoil: 15%+15% of opponent's level

This results in a straight 11.9% ranged dps boost (on targets with a decent ranged level) assuming 100% accuracy - more if your accuracy is lower.

To balance out magic, make each level +1% magic damage; make Storm of Armadyl and polypore staff work with +3 per magic level; make level-based magic damage boosts count boosted level past the base requirement.

This results in a 3.7% dps boost to Storm of Armadyl, assuming 100% accuracy and 99 magic. For the polypore staff, the increase is 6.5% (that is assuming the base max of 220+3 per level, not the formula (magic level*3) - 180). For all other spells, the increase is 4.1%.

Life point boosts are currently extremely expensive to come by, adding some more and cheaper ones will somewhat reduce the danger of KOs. This will unbalance pvm, so some bosses will need some more health as well (especially GWD bosses since they are alone in their room).

Change Nex items to 80 - 160 - 240 (total 480) for clarity.

For Barrows, Armadyl, and other 70+ defence gear: add 60 - 120 - 180 (total 360). Possibly except ganodermic as it is primarily soak-based (could be gimmick).

For Bandos, third-age, Dragon, and other 60-69 defence gear: add 40 - 80 - 120 (total 240).

For rune, granite, dragonhides, infinity, void, tier 3/4 task items, agile and other low level gear: add 20 - 40 - 60 (total 120).

Add 40 lp boost to glacor boots, max/comp/kiln cape, dungeoneering/dragonfire/sigil spirit shields.

Add 20 lp boost to Dominion Tower/mercenary gloves, dragon/Bandos boots, fury, fire cape, obsidian/dragon/crystal/blessed spirit shields.

Add 10 lp boost to Culinaromancer's gloves 9 and 10, ranger's/rune/infinity/Fremmenik sea boots 3+, glory/ranging amulet/arcane stream necklace, Soul Wars/Ardougne 3+ capes, granite/rune shields.

Cap life point boosts (total) at the users's constitution level (so a 10 hp pure doesn't go around wearing Barrows and gets 400+ lp boost).

The boosts are roughly based on defence level, sometimes on other requirements. A 'reasonable' setup (arma + eeks sub 100m Nex setup) would have a 480 lp boost.

Older bosses are based on the 255 level cap so they have 2550 lp (GWD, DKS, KQ, Jad). The KQ is still fairly difficult, dks are more of a slayer monster these days, but Jad can be taken to 4000 lp and GWD to about 5000.

[/hide]

The lifepoint suggestion is based on Jmod statements at Runefest that they wanted to provide more lp boosts overall, as opposed to a nerf of dark bows etc.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

For balance issues, Runescape is extremely hard to balance if you compare it to games like WoW.

This and everything you wrote after it is horribly wrong.

If you ever played WOW you would realize the combat/class system is more complicated and thus harder to balance.

If you ever played WOW you would realize that top end epic gear has to be won, and not everybody has the opportunity to complete the raids.

IF you ever played WOW you would realize that not every player is maxed or a twink.

If you ever looked at your equipment screen in RS you would realize that your gear has many different types of stats for defensive and offensive bonuses.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I would like to see them apply the same ideas of melee combat to ranged and mage. Maybe with a little crossover. (Stab = ranged, for example) But give multiple types of magic and ranged damage. Don't allow raw DPS for one of the three types to outclass the others by too much.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I agree with everything except

Jad can be taken to 4000 lp

Jad is a glass canon. It is a guaranteed 1 hit death for much of the RS population. Nothing else has that high attack and strength outside DG. There needs to be some balance.

Jad is a glass canon. It is a guaranteed 1 hit death for much of the RS population. Nothing else has that high attack and strength outside DG. There needs to be some balance.

This. Jad isn't meant to be a challenge anymore to near maxed players, but provides a challenge for those lower than 85 combat stats.

I think Jagex had the right idea with the kiln, we need more difficult and endurance based minigamesactivities. (As opposed to OmgrushrushrushmaxdpsGO! That the caves have turned into.)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Don't know if this has already been posted but

Edit: Following player feedback, we will be tweaking how the bolt specials work, so that if a mage has cast a combat spell, they will be susceptible to the bolt's special attack regardless of the armour they are wearing. If they are wearing the armour as well as having cast a spell, they will be even more susceptible.

In addition, we are looking to guarantee more than 1 log obtained from wilderness bloodwood trees.

Mod Raven

RuneScape Content Developer

QFC: 15-16-451-63638083

End of Bakriminel Bolts post.

EDIT:

Also,

Hey guys,

Glad you approve of the changes, hopefully we can get them live in the next update. I'm keeping a close eye on these bolts and we are listening to feedback, but it does take time gather data and see how things actually work out, so if you give constructive feedback don't worry, it is being considered and isn't being ignored.

Hopefully with these changes you'll find the bolts to be nice and "snazzy".

= Raven =

QFC: 15-16-350-63641486 Page:2

Lordxtrm.png

This. Jad isn't meant to be a challenge anymore to near maxed players, but provides a challenge for those lower than 85 combat stats.

I think Jagex had the right idea with the kiln, we need more difficult and endurance based minigamesactivities. (As opposed to OmgrushrushrushmaxdpsGO! That the caves have turned into.)

Even then, the challenge was all in being able to pull off the strategy without disconnecting panicking. Sure, maxed players can kill it within 3 seconds, but that's more because of how overpowered they get at that level, not because Jad is in need of a buff :razz:

Unless combat changes make it so, of course. If they make that kind of massive combat change, they should try to preserve the old difficulty of those old bosses.

Sometimes jad is a challenge for higher levels too ;/

Many players (like me) more than have the stats for Jad, but do not have the concentration/practice to defeat Jad easily. Yes, easier than when he came out for sure, (esp with updates like gano). But I still get freaked out by when the healers show up.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Many players (like me) more than have the stats for Jad, but do not have the concentration/practice to defeat Jad easily. Yes, easier than when he came out for sure, (esp with updates like gano). But I still get freaked out by when the healers show up.

I claw his ass when the healers appear

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

The good thing about practice is that anyone can do it.

crossed_body.png

I've done that at least 10 times and he's never dropped below 1/4 hp. And its not like my stats were brewed down or anything cuz I don't use brews >.>

I've done that at least 10 times and he's never dropped below 1/4 hp. And its not like my stats were brewed down or anything cuz I don't use brews >.>

Well I kinda use ovls and turmoil L

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

When I do it, I just kill him through the healers. With the firepower available now, it's pretty easy to do. Slayer task + helm, extreme ranged, leech ranged (curses are advised for this because you will deflect a large amount of damage with your Deflect curses), and a chaotic crossbow with diamond (e) bolts or a near-full Crystal Bow.

td2sig.jpg

Well I kinda use ovls and turmoil L

Which isn't substantially differerent from extremes and turmoil