20-Mar-2012 - Bakriminel Bolts

Saradomin_Mage

Took less than 10 minutes to get 130 and sell for 500k. :)

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Player familiars outside the Soul Wars waiting areas are now hidden."

This is actually a useful update for Soul Wars clans, now they dont have to ask players to dismiss their familiars if they are outside of the waiting area.

Pros:

-Combo skill: Never a bad thing, need more of these.

-INSTANCED DEAD TREES!!!: That's got to be the best part of this update. This has been suggested for the runite rocks for the longest time (obviously with longer respawn rates).

-Must be fletched on site: Some see this as a negative, but I like this as they're legitimately risking stackable items which runite farmers don't seem to do.

-More trees with more quests

-Aimed shots is a nice idea.

Cons:

-Head shot easily countered. As others said, use the exception in Castle Wars all over.

-Little benefit for PvM. Some good ideas up above on how to change that.

It's definately a small update, but given that these are instanced resources, we should be see lots of bolts come into the game.

Really low output from the tree, which has a long respawn rate.. Kinda kills it. Making them near the tree is completely useless..I got an extra log and couldnt use cuz i didnt bring enough tips.... why do we need to fletch it near the tree?

I can't believe this was a whole update.... =\

Just look at them like potion flasks, a small amount of a perishable resource per person per day. Flasks are now about 200k gp for about five to ten minutes work. It's likely these bolts will equate to 400k gp for about 10 to 15 minutes work, even more should Jagex change to benefit PvM and alter PvP with regard to anyone using magic counts as wearing magical gear for 10 seconds.

As for making bolts at the tree, Jagex wants this have legitimate risk involved. Do you risk less by banking each tree or risk more by trying to do all three trees at once? I understand why skillers hate that and it's a legit complaint. I just agree with how Jagex did this.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Pros:

-Combo skill: Never a bad thing, need more of these.

-INSTANCED DEAD TREES!!!: That's got to be the best part of this update. This has been suggested for the runite rocks for the longest time (obviously with longer respawn rates).

-Must be fletched on site: Some see this as a negative, but I like this as they're legitimately risking stackable items which runite farmers don't seem to do.

-More trees with more quests

-Aimed shots is a nice idea.

Cons:

-Head shot easily countered. As others said, use the exception in Castle Wars all over.

-Little benefit for PvM. Some good ideas up above on how to change that.

It's definately a small update, but given that these are instanced resources, we should be see lots of bolts come into the game.

Really low output from the tree, which has a long respawn rate.. Kinda kills it. Making them near the tree is completely useless..I got an extra log and couldnt use cuz i didnt bring enough tips.... why do we need to fletch it near the tree?

I can't believe this was a whole update.... =\

Just look at them like potion flasks, a small amount of a perishable resource per person per day. Flasks are now about 200k gp for about five to ten minutes work. It's likely these bolts will equate to 400k gp for about 10 to 15 minutes work, even more should Jagex change to benefit PvM and alter PvP with regard to anyone using magic counts as wearing magical gear for 10 seconds.

As for making bolts at the tree, Jagex wants this have legitimate risk involved. Do you risk less by banking each tree or risk more by trying to do all three trees at once? I understand why skillers hate that and it's a legit complaint. I just agree with how Jagex did this.

What if you just had to turn them into unfinished bolts so they didn't disappear? And the unf bolts were tradeable? Just an idea. If the bolt tip is only a fraction of the price of the bolt, it seems like a good solution.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

What if you just had to turn them into unfinished bolts so they didn't disappear? And the unf bolts were tradeable? Just an idea. If the bolt tip is only a fraction of the price of the bolt, it seems like a good solution.

The bolt tips are 200 gp each. Right now, that's over 40% of the current GE value (ok, it's more since it's new and this will change obviously). Given that high level trees can give you 15 logs, that amounts to 30k gp just in bolt tips and 75k gp overall if you manage to make 150 complete bolts. I think that makes for a tempting target for pkers to camp which is a fair trade off. That's my opinion only, and I get the desire to not having to risk so much for only small chance at doubling is annoying.

Again, I just see this as doing what should have been done with rune rocks long ago. If people think that the flasks were a good update in the long run, then I can see them feeling the same about bolts in time. This is assuming their use in combat will prove worthwhile to justify a higher price per bolt.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

You my as well start calling them castle wars bolts. :thumbup:

Because thats the only place they are going to be used.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

If they hold value they could be a nice small daily routine even without wilderness. Thinking Drakan medallion for tht tree, then lodestone/glory into edge for soulwars then short dart over the fiary ring to reach rotm site for the third one. For a little bit of moneys and some reasonable xp; kinda like potion flasks.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Even with the wilderness ones its pretty quick actually :) Kinda requires high level lunar/ancients though.

-Carralangar to graveyard, short run south to chaos altar

-Drakans away and do Darkmeyer, DKQ fairy ring and finally soul wars, bank the bolts made sofar

-Ice Plateau tele and run east, do tree than bank at mage arena

-Annkarnl (sp?) to Dmeonic ruins and run east, jump into spirt world at the castle to the north and tele away to finish

Been taking me maybe 8 mins tops to do them sofar, though the yield on the trees has still been pretty low. 120 bolts last run and they sold for 240k, so not exactly great gp/hr.

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Since the headshot is considered the only good special, and it can easily be negated by switching to a helm, are there any plans to change or review the other specials?

Mod Raven: I think the other specials are being given a bad rep here, in the right situations they're very powerful. A frozen mage, unable to cast spells, with 5 points of damage being taken every second or so, whilst still being pummelled with rapid fire bolts, is in a pretty bad spot. I think the value of these specials will be seen after people get used to the update a little, on the face of it these may not sound much, but in testing we've found that they've been quite effective.

So in short, we are looking at the specials, but we've no current plan to change how they work.

Mod Edam: These specials hit a lot more frequently than normal bolt specials. So theyre more reliable in PVP combat. Once the special has hit you can then switch to a different effect or another type of bolt.

The body shot bolt effect is very underwhelming. 60 to 300 damage per minute is not going to make much of a difference, if any at all. Can you boost the damage it deals?

Mod Raven: That's 60-300 damage a minute, whilst being pummelled in the face with highly damaging bolts. That situation eats your health fast and once that minute is up, if you are somehow still alive, then you'll likely get the damage all over again. I'm actually quite surprised that it's considered underwhelming. It's not an instant KO, but it will no doubt be something that can turn the tide of battle. So no, there are no current plans to boost the damage.

Oh Mod Raven, I want some of whatever it is you're smoking =P~

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

People who don't PK shouldn't make pking updates. And I mean proper pking, not just safe clanwars where you're limited to bandages to heal or something equally asinine.

This.

I'm also a bit disappointed in their reasoning for the high respawn rate. Scarcity is only one aspect of high price; usefulness and perceived value to players is the main aspect. If players don't get any value out of these bolts for their intended use, then the high respawn rate will serve more as a hindrance to prices reaching their actual value.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

People who don't PK shouldn't make pking updates. And I mean proper pking, not just safe castlewars where you're limited to bandages to heal or something equally asinine.

Hell, I don't PK (at all) nor am I a bosshunter and I can still see how the body special is useless...

In Runeshark's video on this the mage with a polypore staff completely outclassed the guy with these bolts, even when the ranger switched to full pernix. I was actually surprised by how incredibly accurate the PPS was on pernix. So it looks like someone using these bolts would still be an easy target for any mage in the wildy, let alone one using soa, who brings some form of helmet along.

Asmodean <3

defiantly... unless a change is made to these bolts they are going to be useless, too expsensive to use in pvm and dragon (E) are definitively better (maybe just use 1-2 bolts on a mage if for some reason they are not using a nez helm).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

And Raven isn't planning on changing any of the effects because he believes they are good as they are #-o Even though pretty much everyone who has used the bolts is saying they're weak.

I do not understand what good Jagex thinks will come out of not listening to their playerbase. Effigies + this? They totally ignored us.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top