Behind the Scenes - May

Octarine

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No 10 yr vet cape...

According to whoever runs the Runescape Twitter they said it was coming...... In February when it was supposed to come.... Yet it's now May. Kinda ticks me off.

Peace,

Vann

They said it is coming, they did not say when it was coming.

Tbh it's probably low down the list until a sizeable amount of people can actually get it, I mean it's not like the 5 year vet cape where on release it was accessible to a range of players who'd played 9-5 years (based on earliest records jagex has). When this tick rolled around for 10 years of the active player probably only a couple of hundred at most could actually get it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

May Madness!

Were even planning something fun with Yelps and his Squeal of Fortune to complete the chaos.

I feel faint...

Maybe they're planning some customisations to the wheel to make Yelps' pain even greater. There was a suggestion in the RSOF to convert the wheel into a torture rack/cross, so there's always potential for that.

Now THAT might persuade me to part with some money... "For just £20 you can convert your SoF to the SAW of Fortune! PLUS earn a free spin for every inch you stretch him on the torture rack!"

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I just hope bonfires aren't too AFK. With Runespan, and now this, they're just making it into AFKscape.

I agree with you. When things are extremely AFK like Runespan it just makes me want to go do something else, so I end up logging off and playing something else. Never been the player who needs to scape while watching movies or studying, or vice versa. After investing about 2 years in GoP, I was expecting Runespan to be fast paced. I mean I already enjoy Runespan a lot more than regular Runecrafting, but I think its mostly due to the xp -rates. I haven't really gotten to play w/o the node nerf, so now that its back hopefully it'll be faster than just click soul esswraith + afk + spend 4 mins out of the hour looking for wizards.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Or 'afkable' skills are a lot more fun because you can, you know, TALK and have interesting conversations that help the time fly by because you are not tied down to having to click ever 1 second or so which makes talking impossible without denting your xp rates.

^This. Right here. This is one of the biggest problems with training skills like RC (until yesterday, of course) and FM. It's not the grind so much as the isolation caused by the click heavy training methods.

Personally, I'm looking forward to bonfires and I'm glad they chose to include F2P in this skill update as well.

And a Cryptic Clue Fest for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Looks like it will be a good month. :thumbup:

I never had much problem talking and rcing at the same time. However, there was never anyone willing to chat!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Or 'afkable' skills are a lot more fun because you can, you know, TALK and have interesting conversations that help the time fly by because you are not tied down to having to click ever 1 second or so which makes talking impossible without denting your xp rates.

^This. Right here. This is one of the biggest problems with training skills like RC (until yesterday, of course) and FM. It's not the grind so much as the isolation caused by the click heavy training methods.

Personally, I'm looking forward to bonfires and I'm glad they chose to include F2P in this skill update as well.

And a Cryptic Clue Fest for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Looks like it will be a good month. :thumbup:

I never had much problem talking and rcing at the same time. However, there was never anyone willing to chat!

Probably because in order to talk you have to stop clicking on pouches/banks/familars/running spots so if you are talking you are lower you're xp:hr.

The point wasn't that you physically can't talk, it was that to talk you have to pause doing the productive clicks and hence it hits your xp rates.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Runescape isn't a social network. I see no reason for Jagex to create training methods to improve the social aspects of the game. If you want top exp gains you should be willing to sacrifice something. That's why i find myself a bit unhappy about Runespan too. It would have been much better if it either cost a lot, or wasn't afkable at all. Releasing a training method with exp gains in the region of 100k exp/h at 0 or little cost is stupid. If this keeps up we're looking at 1 click agility courses and afkable bosses in the near future.

I'm really hoping that optimus will be an unnanounced (in regards to bts) update this month. This is getting ridiculous. I'm actually having a hard time enjoying the prospect of this month - which is undoubtedly good - because of this.

hzvjpwS.gif

Runescape isn't a social network. I see no reason for Jagex to create training methods to improve the social aspects of the game. If you want top exp gains you should be willing to sacrifice something. That's why i find myself a bit unhappy about Runespan too. It would have been much better if it either cost a lot, or wasn't afkable at all. Releasing a training method with exp gains in the region of 100k exp/h at 0 or little cost is stupid. If this keeps up we're looking at 1 click agility courses and afkable bosses in the near future.

I entirely disagree.

Yes it is not a social network, but it is an MMORPG and the whole point of playing an MMORPG over a single player rpg is that it has a community that you can interact with and make in-game friendships and alliances etc. etc. The very definition of what an MMORPG should be is something where you are both playing the game AND being sociable be that sociability formalised necessity in team games or random chit chat while trianing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Seems like a pretty decent month. Instanced QBD is really awesome. I also really love how it's made only for soloing. That's exactly what this games needs, instanced bosses and more solo-friendly bosses. I know that you can solo pretty much everything, but dealing with crashers can get pretty annoying.

Can't wait. :)

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Probably because in order to talk you have to stop clicking on pouches/banks/familars/running spots so if you are talking you are lower you're xp:hr.

The point wasn't that you physically can't talk, it was that to talk you have to pause doing the productive clicks and hence it hits your xp rates.

^ Yeah. P.S. I'm F2P, so there aren't those pouches/familiars issues.

Still, bank-run-altar-rest-repeat ad infinitum for miniscule xp rates made chatting with your friends, clan or random folk pretty difficult. It's the same problem I have with Mining; do I chat and lose xp, or ignore my friends.

That's because bots never have much to say. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

May Madness!

Were even planning something fun with Yelps and his Squeal of Fortune to complete the chaos.

I feel faint...

no god why keep bringing up the wheel :wall: .

No BH update this month :/, and qbd not in the wildy (would have been an awesome chance for pkers to actually get some cash from killing skillers, rune ore type usefulness in the wildy is still lacking a lot).

I do like it being a solo monster though :P hope it is sufficiently hard.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I entirely disagree.

Yes it is not a social network, but it is an MMORPG and the whole point of playing an MMORPG over a single player rpg is that it has a community that you can interact with and make in-game friendships and alliances etc. etc. The very definition of what an MMORPG should be is something where you are both playing the game AND being sociable be that sociability formalised necessity in team games or random chit chat while trianing.

Alright, then double the exp gain of traditional RC pushing ZMI up to ~110k/h formthe average player and half the exp from Runespan. Players should not be able to have the best exp for minimum effort. It makes no sense.

QBD; only soloable, sounds interesting... Also, bonfires... Well that's a more logical way to train firemaking rather than making a bunch of fires anyways

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

This is the instanced boss people have been asking for. Now we just need an instanced group boss and there will be more boss hunting variety throughout Scape'.

Low_C.png

A quest, a new boss, that's good. Never trust a boss to be epic until you try it though, knowing Jagex :P.

The May specials are all horrible :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Anyone here think the QBD will be a sea-dragon/leviathan type boss? Most of the lair is full of water and she has fish-like features. Given that they mentioned her size by saying it can fit 5 KBDs in her mouth (likely a silly exaggeration), it might be that way.

I entirely disagree.

Alright, then double the exp gain of traditional RC pushing ZMI up to ~110k/h formthe average player and half the exp from Runespan. Players should not be able to have the best exp for minimum effort. It makes no sense.

It's a GAME its meant to be fun, not something where you absolutely have to expend masses of effort to be the best.

I don't see why people have such a problem with being able to do gain good xp while having fun and chatting in something we are supposed to be playing for fun anyway.

Beisdes it's not like anything is 100% no effort, you still have to pay some attention and expend a reasonable amount of effort for even the most afk trianing methods (that aren't abhorrently slow xp)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

You can fit 5 elephants in a whale's mouth.

QBD is a dragonwhale.

And KBD is a dragonelephant by logical deduction.

At least one person sorta agrees with my theory on QBD.

Just read the thread so far, and here's my verdicts...

"May Madness" -- Not interested... Probably doesn't have an F2P aspect to it anyway.

"Bonfires" -- FINALLY!!! THIS IS BEYOND OVERDUE! Now, to hope that Jagex gets it right at the release, instead of thinking they have to tweak after. If this ends up like how they just over-nerfed RuneSpan, then this month will totally suck. BTW, I swear that if this ends up sucking, then I will be blowing my mental stack... HARD.

"Song From The Depths" -- No Comment, as this is P2P-only.

"QBD Boss" -- Again, No Comment, as this is P2P-only.

"Diamond Jubilee" -- OMG, NOT NOW!!! NOT THE BLASTED CCF4!!! I WANTED TO LET MY MIND SPIN DOWN FOR A MONTH!!! THIS SUCKS!!! DO NOT WANT!!!

So... Excluding the P2P content, the F2P content is not looking too good this month. Especially if Jagex thinks they're going to leave the FireMaking stuff in the lurch. But just the fact that another (likely mind-twisting) CCF is coming is the real source of damage to this month, in my personal opinion.

~D. V. "Holidays around 2007 were better than this!" Devnull

(p.s.: Apologies if any of you think I'm trying to scream your heads off... I'm just on a mental overload at the moment, to a point where I've had to skip the emotes.)

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

rant

CCFs are never mind-twisting, they're just vaguely worded and/or poorly administered so that you think you've got the correct answer, but you don't.

It's not like it damages the game or anything to have one though.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Seems to that she is largely under water, only her head sticking out, just as with the Kiln. :s

I am tempted to suggest that she has tentacle-like appendages if that is the kind of fight we'd expect, but that'd be silly. Fit the Lovecraftian abomination standards though. Right now, I figure she will use (really strong) dragon fire, boiling water, poison, and KBD's other attacks at least.

EDIT: Although it'd be nice if it had tentacles. Dragonwhaleopus!