• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a range of new dragon-orientated gear

dragon c'bow! :rolleyes:

You could be onto something :)

I highly doubt it.

1) Dragon-orientated means related too fighting dragons or made from dragons. Dragon armour doesn't really fit this category, things like d-hides and visages do.

2) Why specifically name Dragon kiteshield and not c-bow? Especially seeing how c-bow is more asked fro than kite these days.

3) A few Jmods have said repeatedly, and recently, we probably won't see d c-bow for a very longtime, if ever, because chaotic is essentially the stats etc dragon would've been.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Bane bolts going to be a use?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Runescape isn't a social network. I see no reason for Jagex to create training methods to improve the social aspects of the game. If you want top exp gains you should be willing to sacrifice something. That's why i find myself a bit unhappy about Runespan too. It would have been much better if it either cost a lot, or wasn't afkable at all. Releasing a training method with exp gains in the region of 100k exp/h at 0 or little cost is stupid. If this keeps up we're looking at 1 click agility courses and afkable bosses in the near future.

Actually found reading this comment quite depressing. It's not a social network, but it is a social game - you should be sacrificing the exp gains to chat to people. Although I agree some of it should be kept non-AFKable.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

I highly doubt it.

1) Dragon-orientated means related too fighting dragons or made from dragons. Dragon armour doesn't really fit this category, things like d-hides and visages do.

2) Why specifically name Dragon kiteshield and not c-bow? Especially seeing how c-bow is more asked fro than kite these days.

3) A few Jmods have said repeatedly, and recently, we probably won't see d c-bow for a very longtime, if ever, because chaotic is essentially the stats etc dragon would've been.

I highly doubt it.

1) Dragon-oriented means related to dragons, so dragon armor fits into this category.

2) They don't want to cause any panic, because announcing the release of such an anticipated item would be economically devastating.

3) A few jmods said repeatedly that there won't be microtransactions.

I still don't see dragon armour as being 'dragon-related' just because of the word dragon after all most of it comes from anything but dragons, but the other two are fair points; though I still doubt it to be a dragon c-bow.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

or...

Dragon powered cooking range! :shades:

250px-Range.png

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

<<<snip>>>

CCFs are never mind-twisting, they're just vaguely worded and/or poorly administered so that you think you've got the correct answer, but you don't.

It's not like it damages the game or anything to have one though.

Yeah the number of times they give no explanation of how a puzzle is meant to be solved and after mind-bending over it for an age to suss it out you find out some dingbat made the image up wrong so you got the wrong answer.

You can stack on that having to spend too much time (~48+ hours, a.k.a. "an age") versus what would be reasonable for each clue (~3 hours max), which causes some people to go nuts and waste time in their lives that should have been spent elsewhere. Insanity should not result from the release of a CCF, and I'm hoping that Jagex made their clues anti-insanity-causing this time around. :geek:

~D. V. "Victim speaking from experience..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

<<<snip>>>

CCFs are never mind-twisting, they're just vaguely worded and/or poorly administered so that you think you've got the correct answer, but you don't.

Yeah the number of times they give no explanation of how a puzzle is meant to be solved and after mind-bending over it for an age to suss it out you find out some dingbat made the image up wrong so you got the wrong answer.

You can stack on that having to spend too much time (~48+ hours, a.k.a. "an age") versus what would be reasonable for each clue (~3 hours max), which causes some people to go nuts and waste time in their lives that should have been spent elsewhere. Insanity should not result from the release of a CCF, and I'm hoping that Jagex made their clues anti-insanity-causing this time around. :geek:

~D. V. "Victim speaking from experience..." Devnull

Thankfully the clues never drove me that far, but then I am a bit of a whizz when it comes to puzzles (mostly) only one that took me anywhere near that long was MEP2 when I did it pre-guide and that did include a fair bit of teleport out for more foods time. Plus of course the original MEP2 interfaces were shockingly bad and going in to it blind it was pure luck of the draw whether you stumbled across the various fixed elements, the first door using the green crystal took me five minutes after I found it, took me like 2 or 3 hours prior to finding it trying to make it work.

But this is straying off-topic!

In CCF there's only been 1 puzzle that I didn't manage to solve myself fairly speedily.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

rant

Let's not forget that Jagex has a tendency to [bleep] up the clues. I distinctly remember several clues from the first two cryptic clue fests being initially unsolvable because Jagex screwed up their algorithms, stuff was left out, puzzles were unsolvable, etc. There is also no sense of "I was there at the time," because the rewards have been re-released every year.

I'll play Professor Layton on the Nintendo DS if I want intelligent, well thought out puzzles that make you feel a sense of accomplishment when you finally figure them out.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I highly doubt it.

I highly doubt it.

1) Dragon-oriented means related to dragons, so dragon armor fits into this category.

2) They don't want to cause any panic, because announcing the release of such an anticipated item would be economically devastating.

I think oriented is a keyword. If they were to make dragon c'bow, warhammer, sword, etc. they would probably have said "Dragon Equipment". Although it would be nice if they completed the equipment set just for completionist sake. But I get how it would be a waste of development time. My guess is maybe weapons that have bonus damage % against dragons & wyverns. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: Now imagine if we got a Dragonfire armour set. Maybe pass torva in str but not defence. That would be cool. All pieces doing the Dragonfire shield special at once...

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Reckon they'd put in the trimming kits for the dragon kiteshield into the rewards for Elite clue scrolls too? Or think they'd save it for the next TT improvement?

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Reckon they'd put in the trimming kits for the dragon kiteshield into the rewards for Elite clue scrolls too? Or think they'd save it for the next TT improvement?

I hope they just make it work on both shields with the same kit. That would be the easist thing to do, and will probably upset the least number of people (because if you make two of them, the sq kit becomes worthless pretty fast and becomes another junk item from TT).

Sorry to distract from the topic, but, do you use the kits on the dragon armor to trim it?

And does this mean you can *eyes widen* trim armor?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

I highly doubt it.

I highly doubt it.

I think oriented is a keyword. If they were to make dragon c'bow, warhammer, sword, etc. they would probably have said "Dragon Equipment". Although it would be nice if they completed the equipment set just for completionist sake. But I get how it would be a waste of development time. My guess is maybe weapons that have bonus damage % against dragons & wyverns. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: Now imagine if we got a Dragonfire armour set. Maybe pass torva in str but not defence. That would be cool. All pieces doing the Dragonfire shield special at once...

A new set of armour would be rad, especially if it was a decent and untradable set. That way only people that can actually kill the boss would be able to get it. I'm pretty sure Jagex mentioned a while ago that they wanted all future armour releases above Nex gear to be untradeable.

Sylpheed.png

Sorry to distract from the topic, but, do you use the kits on the dragon armor to trim it?

And does this mean you can *eyes widen* trim armor?

Yes to both questions. There are individual gold and spiked ornament kits for each piece of dragon armor and they can be added and taken off at will. The kits are tradeable, but the decorated items aren't.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Its been confirmed many times in many places that there will never be a dragon crossbow.

Except that one time when Mod Mark completely disproved what you just said when he said "Yes, but not until we have rebalanced the combat triangle." in a certain Q&A.

(if you can't find it, go ahead and ctrl+f crossbow, it's pretty quick that way)

However, I'd love to see the places where it was said there will never be one. (since it's still being said it's an upcoming update)

I am nice. . .

Has anyone considered how the fight might be? I am speculating that we might just be facing the giant head of the beast and maybe it's wings/claws.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

It seems like this will be quite a good month. I just hope that that SoF update doesn't make you able to buy even more xp.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Also looking at the concept art from the QBD battleground there aren't any hidiv spots. This makes me think we will have to purely dodge things. With that said I'm speculating that we see wind gust attacks that are magic based. We will obviously see dragonfire attacks that may be needed to dodge, ice breath attacks to stop you in your tracks and maybe a more potent poison breath attack. I can't think of what her ranged attack is except maybe a tail lash?

Also if this is an endurance fight I'm curious what we might be facing?

Maybe...

1 iron dragon

2 iron

1 steel

1 steel, 1 iron

2 steel

1 mithril

1 mithril, 1 iron

Etc... Maybe up to adamantite and rune?! Maybe there are some drops designated to these?

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Also looking at the concept art from the QBD battleground there aren't any hidiv spots. This makes me think we will have to purely dodge things. With that said I'm speculating that we see wind gust attacks that are magic based. We will obviously see dragonfire attacks that may be needed to dodge, ice breath attacks to stop you in your tracks and maybe a more potent poison breath attack. I can't think of what her ranged attack is except maybe a tail lash?

Maybe...

1 iron dragon

2 iron

1 steel

1 steel, 1 iron

2 steel

1 mithril

1 mithril, 1 iron

Etc... Maybe up to adamantite and rune?! Maybe there are some drops designated to these?

The one quote I have seen mentioning an 'endurance fight' specifically said it was NOT one.

Also a tail lash would not be a ranged attack because lashing something is a melee move. Maybe firing tail barbs though.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Maybe...

1 iron dragon

2 iron

1 steel

1 steel, 1 iron

2 steel

1 mithril

1 mithril, 1 iron

The one quote I have seen mentioning an 'endurance fight' specifically said it was NOT one.

Also a tail lash would not be a ranged attack because lashing something is a melee move. Maybe firing tail barbs though.

I could have sworn it said that it was going to be an endurance fight, but not as long as the fight kiln.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Maybe...

1 iron dragon

2 iron

1 steel

1 steel, 1 iron

2 steel

1 mithril

1 mithril, 1 iron

I could have sworn it said that it was going to be an endurance fight, but not as long as the fight kiln.

I posted the quote a few pages back. It said QBD was less endurance fight like the Kiln and more Nomad in the sense of needing to dodge attacks.

Sylpheed.png