Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

May-11-2012 - The Evolution of Combat

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kirschen

This should be fun. :-k
Next task will be to see how much we can glitch it. :lol:

After all, one the community's best features is knowing how to exploit things in creative ways. :lol:

Yeah, I will assume most will do the beta just for the playing experience and it'll be members only based on the RS2 beta back in 2004.

Washac
[ Display Name History ]

Washac

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
They value our input.

Who they kidding ????

I think they should be spending more on the cheating bot issue.

They seem to have no time for the honest player.

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
Maybe I'll actually log in to try the new system after it's implemented. Either way, I'm actually somewhat excited.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

They value our input.

Who they kidding ????

Yeah cause the big up-coming optimus botnuke 2.0 that they have been working hard on is not at all working on the bot issue...

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Piu
[ Display Name History ]

Piu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Piu
  • Clan:EoE

As this is such a significant evolution of the game, we’ll be running our first ever BETA test,

We value your input, and we know you are the best people to tell us what

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
I think it's really great that they're opening this up to a player beta test before going live with it. :thumbup:

Is it just me, or have they bringing in progressively better updates so far this year? Yes there's been the odd back step (SoF and Mark's bs response), but overall things have been getting better. They really seem to be working hard to make up for last year's descent into Hell.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Leon S
[ Display Name History ]

Leon S

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • RSN:Latin
Awesome. This put a smile on my face. I hope I can participate in the beta test, I'd love to do a lot of testing on combat Magic.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
It's hard to balance being angry with them for their bull they've pulled over the last few weeks, and the honest praise they deserve for a move like this.

hzvjpwS.gif

rudes7
[ Display Name History ]

rudes7

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 133 posts
Since mod mat k left good things have been happening rofl..

Plugpoint
[ Display Name History ]

Plugpoint

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • RSN:0utkast
  • RSN '07:Iron 0utkast
Glad they're doing a beta test for this... will know whether to train combat as much as possible now or wait til the update, depending on whether it seems good or not.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor

we’ll be running our first ever BETA test, starting in the week commencing with the 25th of June

25th June...they decide to have a BETA test, the day I go on holiday for 3 weeks. Okay then. Mother [Bleepers]. <_<
Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts

we’ll be running our first ever BETA test, starting in the week commencing with the 25th of June

25th June...they decide to have a BETA test, the day I go on holiday for 3 weeks. Okay then. Mother [Bleepers]. <_<

Thanks for the reminder, cancelling all holiday plans now.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Kaur
[ Display Name History ]

Kaur

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • Clan:RSD

first ever BETA test

First ever? lolwut. I'm pretty sure I played RS2 beta before.

If they pull any of that you-have-to-be-a-member-to-help-us-with-beta-testing stuff...

Based on the 1 previous beta test they did (RS2) I'm gonna guess there's a 12/10 chance of it being members only, especially since 90% of the combat mechanics, gear and bosses that matter are, and will remain, members features.

RS2 beta was free to play for the last few days.

Since mod mat k left good things have been happening rofl..

What has a mod working in the customer support department have to do with anything?

crazycdcm
[ Display Name History ]

crazycdcm

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • RSN:Vodka

Next week we'll be sharing many more details and how to get access to the Beta test, so check back in with us and be ready to mark your calendars for the big day!

Oh boy I hope we can win a "Beta Ticket" from the SOF!

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
Not that it is a big deal but it's Interesting that they choose to call it the first ever beta test, as if they weren't aware of their own history.. Sounds interesting nonetheless.
Posted Image

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
Lol someone had the beta from SOF idea before me =(.

Really will be extremely mad if that happened.
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

Washac
[ Display Name History ]

Washac

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 59 posts

They value our input.

Who they kidding ????

Yeah cause the big up-coming optimus botnuke 2.0 that they have been working hard on is not at all working on the bot issue...

Sorry but I have not read anything positive along those lines at all, sort of saw something about Optimus but it was just in the fact
that it was in very early testing stage.

D. V. Devnull
[ Display Name History ]

D. V. Devnull

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,162 posts
  • Location:Slinking in shadow, finding site/forum bugs to kill...
  • RuneScape Status:None
I hope they finally repair the F2P Combat Triangle with this. It's too far beyond overdue, especially since Magic lacks things like climb-by-level attack speeds, damage improvement, etc. ... That, and it really sucks to get melee'd to death in F2P as a mage because your place in the Combat Triangle seems to be intentionally devalued. :|

On other notes, maybe we'll finally get to see first-person views and/or some direct keyboard-based movement becoming part of the game? Possibly even manual configuration of hotkeys for those who could use it, seeing as not everyone can really use parts of the current config? :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "So many unknown variables..." Devnull
Posted Image and normally with a cool mind.
(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

If they pull any of that you-have-to-be-a-member-to-help-us-with-beta-testing stuff...

Based on the 1 previous beta test they did (RS2) I'm gonna guess there's a 12/10 chance of it being members only, especially since 90% of the combat mechanics, gear and bosses that matter are, and will remain, members features.

RS2 beta was free to play for the last few days.

Really? Cause my account was created on RSC and I didn't get members until after RS2 launch and I don't recall being allowed on the Beta at all.

@Washac
It doesn't matter what you have or have not read, they are keeping details quiet (like with the first bot nuke) so bot devs don't get a head start on work arounds. The fact, however, remains unchanged that they ARE working hard on it. Also that info seems wrong, in the Engine team QA like a fortnight ago they said optimus was 'weeks rather than months' away, so most take this to mean we should be seeing it go live sometime in June or July.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

I think it's really great that they're opening this up to a player beta test before going live with it. :thumbup:

Is it just me, or have they bringing in progressively better updates so far this year? Yes there's been the odd back step (SoF and Mark's bs response), but overall things have been getting better. They really seem to be working hard to make up for last year's descent into Hell.

Kinda agree. Also, the effigy nerf seems less bad when you consider how close the RuneSpan was... Of course, if they were really smart they'd have released the effigy nerf a week after the RuneSpan came out.

The SoF thing seems more like something the investors forced on RS. Can't entirely blame them considering how profitable it must be.

Should be interesting.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users