May-11-2012 - The Evolution of Combat

Leik

I think it's really great that they're opening this up to a player beta test before going live with it. :thumbup:

Is it just me, or have they bringing in progressively better updates so far this year? Yes there's been the odd back step (SoF and Mark's bs response), but overall things have been getting better. They really seem to be working hard to make up for last year's descent into Hell.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well be running our first ever BETA test, starting in the week commencing with the 25th of June

25th June...they decide to have a BETA test, the day I go on holiday for 3 weeks. Okay then. Mother [bleepers]. <_<

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

well be running our first ever BETA test, starting in the week commencing with the 25th of June

25th June...they decide to have a BETA test, the day I go on holiday for 3 weeks. Okay then. Mother [bleepers]. <_<

Thanks for the reminder, cancelling all holiday plans now.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

first ever BETA test

First ever? lolwut. I'm pretty sure I played RS2 beta before.

If they pull any of that you-have-to-be-a-member-to-help-us-with-beta-testing stuff...

Based on the 1 previous beta test they did (RS2) I'm gonna guess there's a 12/10 chance of it being members only, especially since 90% of the combat mechanics, gear and bosses that matter are, and will remain, members features.

RS2 beta was free to play for the last few days.

Since mod mat k left good things have been happening rofl..

What has a mod working in the customer support department have to do with anything?

Next week we'll be sharing many more details and how to get access to the Beta test, so check back in with us and be ready to mark your calendars for the big day!

Oh boy I hope we can win a "Beta Ticket" from the SOF!

LgEZt.png

They value our input.

Who they kidding ????

I think they should be spending more on the cheating bot issue.

They seem to have no time for the honest player.

Yeah cause the big up-coming optimus botnuke 2.0 that they have been working hard on is not at all working on the bot issue...

Sorry but I have not read anything positive along those lines at all, sort of saw something about Optimus but it was just in the fact

that it was in very early testing stage.

I hope they finally repair the F2P Combat Triangle with this. It's too far beyond overdue, especially since Magic lacks things like climb-by-level attack speeds, damage improvement, etc. ... That, and it really sucks to get melee'd to death in F2P as a mage because your place in the Combat Triangle seems to be intentionally devalued. :|

On other notes, maybe we'll finally get to see first-person views and/or some direct keyboard-based movement becoming part of the game? Possibly even manual configuration of hotkeys for those who could use it, seeing as not everyone can really use parts of the current config? :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "So many unknown variables..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

If they pull any of that you-have-to-be-a-member-to-help-us-with-beta-testing stuff...

Based on the 1 previous beta test they did (RS2) I'm gonna guess there's a 12/10 chance of it being members only, especially since 90% of the combat mechanics, gear and bosses that matter are, and will remain, members features.

RS2 beta was free to play for the last few days.

Really? Cause my account was created on RSC and I didn't get members until after RS2 launch and I don't recall being allowed on the Beta at all.

@Washac

It doesn't matter what you have or have not read, they are keeping details quiet (like with the first bot nuke) so bot devs don't get a head start on work arounds. The fact, however, remains unchanged that they ARE working hard on it. Also that info seems wrong, in the Engine team QA like a fortnight ago they said optimus was 'weeks rather than months' away, so most take this to mean we should be seeing it go live sometime in June or July.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I think it's really great that they're opening this up to a player beta test before going live with it. :thumbup:

Is it just me, or have they bringing in progressively better updates so far this year? Yes there's been the odd back step (SoF and Mark's bs response), but overall things have been getting better. They really seem to be working hard to make up for last year's descent into Hell.

Kinda agree. Also, the effigy nerf seems less bad when you consider how close the RuneSpan was... Of course, if they were really smart they'd have released the effigy nerf a week after the RuneSpan came out.

The SoF thing seems more like something the investors forced on RS. Can't entirely blame them considering how profitable it must be.

Should be interesting.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Really looking forward to this. The people who are against a complete overhaul of combat are, quite frankly, deluded. Runescape's combat is a throwback to the past and for it to stay competitive it needs to change.

Glad to see something that people can be positive about. So tired of the SoF posts that are clogging up every thread I read.

Sylpheed.png

If it ends effective pjing and balances pvp I will be extremely happy.

Also will be extremely happy if these new things work in staking, to bring more skill into it, even rebalancing different armours weaknesses/weapon bonuses could have a big impact in staking. (armour on staking I am talking about, boxing will prob not be effected).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Tip.it Web crew are probably now being like "ah feck" whilst scrambling to organise to make sure someone in the crew owns every single weapon and armour by release day so that when this arrives they can fairly swiftly swap in all the new stat data. Before off on to the mass of monster research that may very well be needed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Im gob smacked. They finally realise the huge untapped resource among us players who be willing to test their game for free. So we dont have to deal with so many freaking bugs..! Glitches..! Game breaking content..! Aswel as the obvious just testing things to see how we like it and make adjustments.

Im talking about the really OBVIOUS things that shouldnt exist.

Anyway as for the combat update.. I have no emotion or comment just yet. I will wait and see. The beta thing seems hopeful they are testing it properly for once which cant be a bad thing.

A much-much needed update that can't come soon enough. With a combination of the facts that RS combat is dead, and that they're doing a beta, it shows a lot of promise. But i won't get my hopes up too high until i actually can test it for myself. I find that it really helps to have no expectations for updates. Because if they're good like bonfires and runespan, you're extra suprised :P

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

I'm not excited for this at all. I like how simple RS combat is, I really don't want it to get any more "complex". However, Jagex giving us beta testing sounds kinda awesome.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

About time they're making a smart move, we need more beta tests for big updates, so we can avoid game breaking glitches tbh... Also

LET BRUNO DO THE UPDATE, HE'S A [bleep]ING EXPERT FINDING GLITCHES

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png