The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

Evolution of Combat Launches 20th November!

So they couldn't wait till the new year to unload this pile onto us.

• Like 1

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

No....

Kinda sad they aren't going to improve it anymore, the beta as it is now is not really... great IMO :?

They did improvements from the feedback they got, the beta is not how the live relase will be. I think it's going to be great, relased just so I can finish off 99 Slayer with a more interesting combat system. :)

I don't think they will change a lot of things from the beta as it currently is. So yes, the current beta is (mostly) how the live game is going to be.

Byzantus.png

Looking forward to this, I've been strafing ou fo combat's way due to it being quite lackluster, but after playing the new and improved beta, i think It'll be allright.

I just think most people played the first version of beta, which was very rough, and never bothered again. It's qctually quite great now. Valid criticism like Bruno's is still valid of course, but i think EoCC improves into many aspects current Rs currently has, and balances otehr, like Protection prayers.

I'm still not happy that they've made skill levels so useless in terms of direct contribution to combat (attack/def rolls, max hit etc). As it is, I can actually get hit by level 2 rats pretty consistently in this new system, which just says to me that something's going horribly wrong.

• Like 7

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't think they will chance a lot of things from the beta as it currently is. So yes, the current beta is (mostly) how the live game is going to be.

I could probably go into the beta right now and pick out a fair amount of areas where it just isn't ready yet. Off the top of my head:

-Dragon Slayer is more or less impossible if you're a F2P'er, because Elvarg's fire is broken

-They haven't added offhand item crafting yet

-They claim to have filled the gaps in equipment. This is quite far from the truth.

This reeks of executive meddling.

• Like 2

I don't think they will chance a lot of things from the beta as it currently is. So yes, the current beta is (mostly) how the live game is going to be.

I could probably go into the beta right now and pick out a fair amount of areas where it just isn't ready yet. Off the top of my head:

-Dragon Slayer is more or less impossible if you're a F2P'er, because Elvarg's fire is broken

-Stats really don't matter

-They claim to have filled the gaps in equipment. This is quite far from the truth.

Filled? They have it even made it worse by downgrading non-nex GWD gear to the stats of barrows gear (gf all the people who are still running around in Bandos gear right now.)

I'm hopeful that a lot of these things will still be corrected after they are implemented into the live game (because suddenly a lot of people will start complaining),

but it's just kind of concerning that they are already going to take it out of beta with a lot of things still being wrong.

Byzantus.png

With the new combat system, I tried to go do a bit of bandos and had trouble getting killcount with lvl 120 Goblins while wearing full Bandos and wielding a Bandos Godsword. What? I used all the abilities and could hit the Goblin maybe once every 7 abilities.

Speaking of which. Any advice on soloing eoc Bandos and Zammy gwd?

Noctis666.png

With the new combat system, I tried to go do a bit of bandos and had trouble getting killcount with lvl 120 Goblins while wearing full Bandos and wielding a Bandos Godsword. What? I used all the abilities and could hit the Goblin maybe once every 7 abilities.

Speaking of which. Any advice on soloing eoc Bandos and Zammy gwd?

You must take advantage of their weaknesses. Kill goblins with mage, Graardor isn't weak to anything so use whatever you want, K'ril is weak against mage (especially fire) so use fire surge or blood barrage

Ppl are rioting in w66 Fally

And they are right!

At current state its far from being done.

• Like 2

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

Is there any summary or walkthrough to the new EoC system? I honestly never bothered familiarizing myself with it.

Is there any summary or walkthrough to the new EoC system? I honestly never bothered familiarizing myself with it.

There is a combat academy currently in the beta. You also get some xp for the live game if you finish it and there is a poll after it.

Where do I access the beta? Sorry I'm actually totally clueless.

There is a combat academy currently in the beta. You also get some xp for the live game if you finish it and there is a poll after it.

http://www.runescape.com/c=GHD8kiJEnno/game.ws?beta=true&j=1

You could access it from the front page too by click on the beta sign and clicking play beta. Now go and test it! :D

terravir.png

http://www.runescape...s?beta=true&j=1

You could access it from the front page too by click on the beta sign and clicking play beta. Now go and test it! biggrin.gif

I have been preparing for this moment my entire life.

• Like 1

So we finally got a release date for this. I think that the BETA looks quite nice actually. It might not be ready yet, but I am sure Jagex will be correcting a lot of things in the next two weeks to come. Don't panic guys. I am looking forward to the 20:th ^^

• Like 1

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

GWD and Barrows gear having the exact same stats is so messed up :S Why update the entire area just to kill it off a month later...

Its obvious there are a lot of fixes that need to come.. (hopefully)

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I haven't played EoC since its immediate release. Right then, I hated it.

After considering going and doing this new combat tutorial, I thought I'd read the posts on here first, to see if EoC was finally showing promise.

Goddamn. WHY DID I RENEW TILL JANUARY?!

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

No....

Kinda sad they aren't going to improve it anymore, the beta as it is now is not really... great IMO :?

No.

No. NONONONONO.

Welp back to powerslaying :( 96/99

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

I haven't played EoC since its immediate release. Right then, I hated it.

After considering going and doing this new combat tutorial, I thought I'd read the posts on here first, to see if EoC was finally showing promise.

Goddamn. WHY DID I RENEW TILL JANUARY?!

The sad part is that it does have some promise. It just isn't done.

• Like 2

they're never going to get any actual testing done until people are placed in a more realistic scenario because people derp all day in beta, so i find this to be a natural progression

also, people will fight to the death for their unbalanced systems, so once they get used to this, they'll love all of the new quirks and declare fealty to them

i look forward to this new age of chaos

• Like 2

8f14270694.jpg