The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

I think the worst part of the beta that I still haven't gotten over is how when I'm level 200 and completely unarmed, I still get mercilessly slaughtered by a level 50 White Knight :P

Certainly adds a new aspect to skilling where when un-armoured a mis-click to attack a low-ish NPC can still result in being koed.

Could prove a big pita for LRC as it makes using varrock plate/gold mining suit rather risky even on crowded worlds

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

When I examined my friend's equipment screen, his Primal Battleaxe's stats were higher than my Maul's base stats, but were still listed in red (as my Primal Maul's stats were still significantly higher when held).

The question is... What does this mean? :wall:

I went into a dungeon to see:

wu2c9d.png

No boosts active. Switching to a different ring did not change stats.

2dgucz6.png

If you hit over 32768 damage, your zeal counter gives up and says "LOTS!" :P

Seems like the new requirement is 5k damage per game, easily achieved many times over by using any of the 20% damage Ultimates on the portal in Veteran.

I found using an ult on a portal really hard. Have to get my adrenaline that high, keep it that high, and use it on the portal before it dies. Those games were fast. and some games I barely got enough for an ult before it ended. And those portals die really fast lol.

Not that I had trouble getting the 5k/game. I think. Honestly, I didn't pay that much attention o_O

Never got bugged about not doing enough tho.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The main issue is finding targets that stay alive long enough for you to rush them, even on veteran...ofc since the place always has constant spawns it's not that hard to find an untargeted mob if you stand in the right spots.

Adrenaline drains too fast to be that useful between fights, though...

8f14270694.jpg

I really really wonder how new players would find these updates.

Won't it be for example near impossible to train slayer while also training melees - trying to keep them "equal"... Can you beat the tasks of mazda at lv 50 stats?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

When I examined my friend's equipment screen, his Primal Battleaxe's stats were higher than my Maul's base stats, but were still listed in red (as my Primal Maul's stats were still significantly higher when held).

The question is... What does this mean? :wall:

I went into a dungeon to see:

wu2c9d.png

No boosts active. Switching to a different ring did not change stats.

All tooltips show the updated stat information after the autoattack rebalance, however the compare feature was not updated in line with this (it still will display Zaryte as a thrown weapon, for instance).

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Meh missed everything up to now - and now I don't care enough to actually test set "events". If only I could test freely I'd be happy to, but I hate walking through set lines.

Then they came for me

Meh missed everything up to now - and now I don't care enough to actually test set "events". If only I could test freely I'd be happy to, but I hate walking through set lines.

Lol, they make you play a single game of whatever they are focus testing that weekend... it's not like you have to spend 5 hours grinding that game to get the outfit. Takes 2-20 minutes. (Depends on the game :))

El Psy Congroo.

Lol, they make you play a single game of whatever they are focus testing that weekend... it's not like you have to spend 5 hours grinding that game to get the outfit. Takes 2-20 minutes. (Depends on the game :))

AND while you have access you can do whatever the heck you want in-game aside from a few things that are still shut off.

You ARE completely free to test what you like as you like on the weekends.

Aka "oh crap this beta will go on a lot longer than we thought, better stretch this event weekend thing out"

I don't think it's that at all.

They said EoC would be proper launched September at the earliest.

They started the Beta start of July.

They always planned 4 beta outfit events.

They also planned all membs access and beta events every weekend (which there are at least 8 of assuming early sept launch)

There was always going to be more events than the 4 unlocks, this says nothing of the beta being extended.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

There was always going to be more events than the 4 unlocks, this says nothing of the beta being extended.

No, you're right. It doesn't. Their (lack of) progress does. Which is why I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about extending beta clothing opportunities.

hzvjpwS.gif

I hardly see why there is a need to be so scornful of the beta being extended, they said from before it was even launched September at the earliest but they would take as long as they needed to get it right. I certainly never expected it to be done and lunched before late October early November and would not be surprised at all if it continued on into next year.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Hmm I can't start this weekend's event.. But will there really be an event each weekend? - Might join the future ones left and actually pray the beta gets delayed a week :P.

Then they came for me

Slow progress does not equal invisible progress.

Watching their progress is not going to be a real-time event. The only updates we get are the patch notes every week. That doesn't mean they only work on the Beta one day per week.

Give it some time, they're definitely making progress.

No one is saying that it's real-time. No one is saying that they only work one day out of the week. Just that information and actual tweaks trickle out at a snails pace.

I don't understand why that's a comment that sparks so many people to rear up like angry cats and spit in Jagex's defense when they're called slow, especially when compared to other betas out there. @_@ Good lord.

hzvjpwS.gif

The comment you made initially that I responded to read as very sour/scornful bordering on the typical whiner territory. The sub-text of what you posted kinda read as 'oh look Jagex are useless and lying as ever extending the beta.' Or it did to me at least, but I guess it's just come across wrong due as things often can online.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The only updates we get are the patch notes every week.

For the record, it's been three weeks since the last patch, and there's still quite a bit that isn't done at all, let alone things that are done but need to be tweaked.

Considering just how much of the game that this is going to change, we do have a reason to worry if they try to push this out before it's done.

Not tried beta as I wont pay for RS atm, reading the EoC FAQ I saw the new level calculation is 2+Defence level+Highest out of range/mage/str/attack

So with 1 def and 99 str/range/mage i'd be CB 102? Same as a non pure with 50 defence and 50 strength?

Am I understanding this properly? How does that work? Is defence OP enough to make such a difference?

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"