The Evolution of Combat: BETA discussion

Leon S

After trying it out, Akrisae is by far the most difficult indeed. Styleswitching isn't the problem, it's the ability bar lag. Also, dualweilding two different classes should be done for Akrisae, or switch weaponry but have your worn gear mixed. Should make things easier.

Sounds good Rainy. Since Akrisae isn't random prayers and just whatever you dealt x damage with last, you could use range/melee as a good combo vs. him.

As for void comments, have you even tried getting it? It's a pain in the ass, takes about 6-7 hours with full wins. That's timewasted and that gear (idk if this is true in beta) has a huge offensive bonus. I can totally understand complaints regarding that, because there's not much replacing it (nothing actually) if void has an offensive bonus. (lol @ Jagex..)

Regarding pures discussion..

If you've played a game solely for one area, and everyone else was also pleased in their own department (shut up, pures never bothered you) of the game, why can't they be mad about it?

Please don't be dumb about discussing this, it's getting really frustrating hearing responses that are just "Get used to not being able to play that way." or similar.

553VriC.png?1

Regarding pures discussion..

If you've played a game solely for one area, and everyone else was also pleased in their own department (shut up, pures never bothered you) of the game, why can't they be mad about it?

Please don't be dumb about discussing this, it's getting really frustrating hearing responses that are just "Get used to not being able to play that way." or similar.

The trouble is Jagex stance always has been: We design for players who do everything and do not cater to pures or accounts that limit themselves.

No amount of discussing how much Jagex messed up your pure is going to change that, therefore it is equally frustrating to have genuine beta discussion plugged up with people whining about how their pure is ruined when the simple reality is you HAVE to get used it because the change is happening. Especially given everyone knows Jagex never officially supported pures so anyone with a pure should be fully aware they always played with the risk their account be entirely screwed over at any point by an update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Glad to see an update at last... And no chance of me getting this mad scientist stuff now, but meh.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I think this sort of update redeems the no-patch-note weeks. This does seem to be a massive amount of work.

Keep in mind that they're changing almost every piece of content in the game...

Still, the Beta is already looking much better and more 'complete' than it did at the start. The progress does make me optimistic.

For people wondering how strong Momentum is: It's 20% extra auto attack damage.

So you'll still do pitiful DPS compared to using abilities, but a decent amount higher otherwise. Still better for you to pay attention.

El Psy Congroo.

Love the progress! Plus momentum is a friggin great idea, that way everyone can be happy. Whoever came up with that one is my hero.

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

It bothers me a bit that there isn't that much diversion anymore, actually. :s I mean, there's a lot of added weaponry, but all stats of every weapon at a certain level are the same, which looks odd. I preferred it that every weapon had it's own set of stats.

It bothers me a bit that there isn't that much diversion anymore, actually. :s I mean, there's a lot of added weaponry, but all stats of every weapon at a certain level are the same, which looks odd. I preferred it that every weapon had it's own set of stats.

The problem with that is that if every weapon has different stats then by design one is better than the other. They wanted to move away from that and instead replace it with certain weapons being more suitable for different situations due to monster weakness.

Have the courage to change the things you can, the patience to accept the things you can't, and the wisdom to know the difference.

[/Quote]

The problem with that is that if every weapon has different stats then by design one is better than the other. They wanted to move away from that and instead replace it with certain weapons being more suitable for different situations due to monster weakness.

Yeah all weapons on a given tier being on par in DPS (with slow weapons having higher hits to compensate) was half the point of the update to help create diversity opposed to weapon x for y.

It's a case of this monster is weak to slash. x, y and z are level 80 slash weapons; take your pick they are all gonna give the same kill rates.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I wonder how incredible Dharok's will be with momentum...

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Dominion gloves are weapon slot items now... :/

...So I can wear two gloves now, technically?

No, you just hold them by the fingers and slap people with them, like an esteemed gentleman initiating a duel.

• Like 5

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Very big update and it does look like they have been busy.

The new ability book is no joke, A LOT more user friendly. It's a ton better now as no scrolling is needed. It's just like how the ingame spellbook is but with bigger icons, so utilizes the space a lot better.

For some reason, I had to complete Carnillean Rising again to wear my comp cape, but I didn't mind. Said I hadn't finished that quest.

Momentum is very nice for times you don't want to pay full attention. Still encourages the use of abilities which is good.

Overall my favorite update this month alongside the penguin quest, and probably will stay my favorite this month.

Can anyone willing to research Momentum pm me?

Research how? Nothing to research >.<. It does 20% extra auto attack damage. Far less damage than using abilities, but a good middle ground. I dunno what else you'd need.

El Psy Congroo.

Supposedly the goliath gloves were made weapons to stop them from competing with nex gloves.

Does this mean steads will be now be made weapons to stop them from competing with nex boots?

Asmodean <3

Research how? Nothing to research >.<. It does 20% extra auto attack damage. Far less damage than using abilities, but a good middle ground. I dunno what else you'd need.

Jagex lies a lot about that kind of stuff. But mostly I'm looking for any max att roll mods.

Jagex lies a lot about that kind of stuff. But mostly I'm looking for any max att roll mods.

Jagex didn't give us a number for how much it boosts damage, I got the number from personally testing it at Steel Dragons earlier today. Before the beta went public.

El Psy Congroo.

Jagex didn't give us a number for how much it boosts damage, I got the number from personally testing it at Steel Dragons earlier today. Before the beta went public.

Can I see your data, then?

Can I see your data, then?

Lol, if you want to test you can go test. Crits are max hits, and I constantly was critting 20% higher with every attack style in the place. It was a pretty simple deduction, so I didn't necessarily write it down.

For Magic (I did them all, but Magic is my favorite, so it's the one I remember the most) it was constant 3k crits on Steel Dragons with Augury, Overloads, and Momentum, and 2.5k crits without Momentum active. Using Divine Storm.

El Psy Congroo.