Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Geilinor Games - 24/7/2012

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

Squakus
[ Display Name History ]

Squakus

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 486 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Flere Imsaho
  • Clan:Dgs

Calling all budding athletes! Representatives of the peoples of Gielinor have gathered to help bridge the gap between their species. They have proposed four grand sporting events, where each race can compete (fairly and within the rules of course) in order to prove their worth to their patron deities.

A portal has been constructed in Varrock square to transport athletes to a series of floating islands (courtesy of the clans) that have been custom-made to host the inaugural Gielinor Games.

What seems like an event of a serious nature is actually a chance for everyone to let their hair down and have a break with comical sporting events. So, try not to take things too seriously, as you'll be taking part in an event that will have you chasing cheese down a hill, among many other things.

There are four events to take part in:

• Head-to-Head: A race track with a difference - you can only move forward by playing cards! These cards have special abilities that will help you or hinder you. Look out for mad cows and oddly dressed streakers.
  • Cheese-wheel Rolling: As the name implies, you'll be rolling cheese, but you have to chase after it too. Sprint after the cheese down the hill and dodge the oncoming obstacles in a thrilling race to the finish line.
  • Resource Race: The clock is ticking as you gather as many logs, ores and herbs as you can within the time limit. Don't forget to deposit them!
  • Marathon: Do you have the stamina for a hearty jog around Gielinor? Run through the checkpoints and complete the course as quickly as you can. Note that this event does not run at all times and on all worlds, but will be announced when and where it is about to begin.
You might want to turn on your audio too as there are commentators that will throw some cheesy puns your way while you're avoiding cows and gathering herbs.

JMods will be around to help out too, running marathon events and award ceremonies.

To reward you for your efforts, as well as the XP to be gained from taking part in the events, contribution points will be awarded. These points can be traded for various items such as three tiers of costume items, two emotes and a title. You can also purchase XP boosting rings that will grant you more XP when you're participating in the games.

The games will last for 4 weeks - more than enough time for you to experience all of the events and earn enough to buy all the rewards.

Feel like you have the "eye of the tiger shark"? Well… head on over to Varrock and speak to the delegates to pick your deity and take part.

The RuneScape Team

In Other News
  • There is now a slider to adjust the level of camera zoom, found in the graphical options interface.
  • Several skills have been updated to skip the "make x" interface if you only have enough ingredients to make one item.
  • Based on feedback, we've made some further changes to Fish Flingers:
  • We've changed the requirements for medals and tokens so that catching big fish - and assisting others in doing so - is much more rewarding.
  • You can now hold up to 10 tokens at a time.
  • We've changed how the scores are displayed so they more closely reflect the XP you'll earn , although the amount of XP hasn't changed.
  • There are many more fixes and tweaks along with these changes. Take a look at the patch notes for full details.

Patch Notes

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod

We've changed the requirements for medals and tokens so that catching big fish - and assisting others in doing so - is much more rewarding.

Wut even. Not sure if I am liking this as yet.

Edit: Upon reading patch notes, I'm pretty ok with that. Much easier to work on assists and catching big fish than ensuring you catch x% at 100% rating. Interesting

*strokes beard*

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Sly_Wizard
[ Display Name History ]

Sly_Wizard

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
This doesn't really interest me, but we'll see depending on the rewards.

Polodevil
[ Display Name History ]

Polodevil

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • RSN:Polodevil
I just got 17k agility xp for winning a race. The race took about 5 min. Also got 216 points.
EDIT: Did a second race. Was 3rd out of 5. Received no points, did get 14k agility xp.
EDIT 2: Did a third race. Finished first, got 0 xp and 0 points.

That's a hefty chunk of xp :shock:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Drazhor
[ Display Name History ]

Drazhor

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,799 posts
  • RSN:Drazhor

*strokes beard*

You're the bearded lady?

On topic: Looks like it could be fun!
Posted Image
Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

jayc3399
[ Display Name History ]

jayc3399

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
Was there a mass bot removal? I went up 10k+ ranks in most of my stats over night

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
RESIZEABLE CHAT BOX.

Update of the year.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Sally
[ Display Name History ]

Sally

Website Crew

• Members
  • 910 posts
The games sound like fun. Lets chase some cheese :D

DdzSE8e.png

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Blog

Quyneax
[ Display Name History ]

Quyneax

Aes Sedai

• Members
  • 11,297 posts
  • RSN:Mierin
I liked the agility element/race from the Games. Of course, 30k free agility xp helps :D.
Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions
99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)
99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)
99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)
99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)
99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)
Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring
Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace
30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts
I wonder if the agil xp is capped per day, week, or for the whole event.

Byzantus
[ Display Name History ]

Byzantus

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • RSN:Byzantus
  • Clan:Thunders wrath

In Other News

• Several skills have been updated to skip the "make x" interface if you only have enough ingredients to make one item.

Finally! :smile:
Posted Image

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
There appears to be a daily XP cap on XP earned from events.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts
OK the cheese rolling is just ridiculous. I click somewhere and my character doesn't move where I say until a few seconds, by then it's too late. Sometimes it just ignores the click altogether. Sometimes I get tripped up by invisible obstacles/cheeses. Yeah...

2480+ total

decebal
[ Display Name History ]

decebal

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,315 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Decebalus6
Here's the full silver athlete outfit. Got it after rolling doing a hill after cheese for what felt like ages :? .

Posted Image

The ring gives a boost to xp in the games, fyi, not sure if the rest does anything.

Oh yeah, and gold level rewards are members only.

EDIT: the full set without ring and torch gives -2 kg.

Edited by decebal, 24 July 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

IridiumBunny
[ Display Name History ]

IridiumBunny

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 201 posts
Cheese rolling makes me want to cut myself. Is there invisible obstacle glitch or did they make it so you have a chance of tripping up on nothing? I just tripped up after 0 rounds (first square...).

Edit: Although I am in the same world as RuneShark and it's funny to see the same thing happen to him over and over as well.

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Zoom <3

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik

There is now a slider to adjust the level of camera zoom, found in the graphical options interface.

Update of the decade right there.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, Doesn't work in DG, screw this update.
EDITEDIT: OK, apparently it does work in DG, although it randomly resets back to normal zoom a lot. Hopefully Jagex fixes that soon.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
Posted Image
Weight reduction too o_O

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
How is the lag?

Th e Doctor
[ Display Name History ]

Th e Doctor

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,081 posts
new stats on mercenary gloves in patch notes. any word on what they are?

Armadyl Drops : 4 Hilts; 3 Chestplates; 2 Chainskirts; 1 Helmet; 1 Buckler; 2 Shard 1; 2 Shard 2; 1 Shard 3

Nex : 1 Zaryte Bow

Kalphite King : 1 Drygore Rapier ; 1 Drygore Longsword : 1 Drygore Offhand Rapier : 1 Drygore Offhand Longsword

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users