It's Summer Party Time! - August 2nd, 2012

jayc3399

Squeal of Fortune

It’s the Summer of Fortune and - from tomorrow - Yelps will be adding a host of party items for you to try your luck at winning.

Want to relax and bask in the sun? Win the new sunbathing emote and be the envy of your RuneScape friends!

Want to enjoy the holiday merriment with friends and clan mates? Try the beach ball for a social kick-about and dampen your rivals' spirits with a barrage of water balloons, which can even be thrown at NPCs! If all that excitement is making you hungry, there is the new seaside rock and candy floss food. Both combine an instant heal with a heal-over-time effect, and while the candy floss is members-only, the seaside rock can be enjoyed by free players and members alike.

If you’re really lucky you may even bag yourself a set of the craziest melee weapons ever in RuneScape: shark fists! That’s actual shark heads mounted on your hands! These new claw-type weapons can be switched between four different forms, each with a more awesome look and higher stats than the last. These forms have Attack requirements ranging from 1 to 55, so they’re the ideal summer battle accessory whatever your combat level.

sf-02150546.png

All of these super summer items will be on the Squeal of Fortune throughout August and September and - for this weekend only - have improved chances to win! Remember that members get three spins per day over the course of August, so - if you haven't already - subscribe here!

Solomon’s General Store

Solomon has lots of summer treats for you this week. First off, he has added a four-piece beachwear outfit with a RuneScape twist!

Ever wondered if a parasol would make a good sword? Solomon thinks so! With this new accessory, any two-handed sword you wield will take on the appearance of a beach parasol. Solomon has also added a new two-part 'Kick Sand' emote, plus an amazing new teleport animation featuring a gnomecopter!

And if that wasn’t enough, why not stand out from the crowd with the new title: 'The Hot'?

gc_thumb-02150650.png

The new items in Solomon’s General Store are available now, and will stay there permanently. The Squeal of Fortune items will arrive on Friday, and will be available for August and September only.

The community team will be running a number of events to kick off our summer celebrations. Click here to find out how you can take part.

Have fun, and party on!

The RuneScape Team

Well I can understand why no one has posted it yet, bleck. Good to see we are already putting usable items on the squeal that sure didn't take long.

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

hopefully they're just re-skinned claw weapons :( either way, first real items with stats for the SoF.. cant be good.

• Like 1

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Project RWTing Step 5 has been completed.

Next up, buyable EXP-Boosting Gear or buyable stated items from Solomon.

Buyable xp already added with double exp items.

Not directly but I consider it to be the same

Though i do agree with you, I expect a 100% way of getting the boosting gear instead of a random wheel drop. If not, hey. Soon you can buy funny looking items with abyssal whip stats!

Though i do agree with you, I expect a 100% way of getting the boosting gear instead of a random wheel drop. If not, hey. Soon you can buy funny looking items with abyssal whip stats!

is that really such a big deal?

Most items in rs are such low value and only take at most a few hours to earn the cash for, a whip is what, 300k? If someone wants to spend like 50$ on a trimmed version let them.

Only the really high end stuff would be a problem to add to the wheel/solomon, they messed up with divine/ely/arcane on it but luckily they are so rare it does not matter.

A trimmed whip doesn't matter, a trimmed divine would.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Jagex should simply remove the 5/year limit on raf, ty.

I read through that rsof post and mod bro seriously has to be trolling, read his other posts, his last one specifically.

Or they're paying him for it. Even if they're not, is it hard to believe that an employee is praising his company's product?

Come to think of it, being paid to troll would be one of the best jobs ever...

• Like 6

A trimmed whip doesn't matter, a trimmed divine would.

Give it time.

Oh and @Mod Mad Bro. "It's like gambling." I thought Jagex said it WASNT gambling because you always win.

Oh you. :roll:

I don't know what to think about it. I don't believe he actually thinks the SoF is fun. I guess he likes gambling? It seems extremely suspicious to see a mod encouraging something widely hated that makes Jagex a fair bit of money. And to bring it up in a tech support thread...

I bet he gets some sort of bonus for promoting the SoF >_<

Like ALG said, paid to troll. Also, ALG, when it's a J Mod supporting the SoF, I DO find it hard to believe believe that an employee is praising his company's product.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I don't know what to think about it. I don't believe he actually thinks the SoF is fun. I guess he likes gambling? It seems extremely suspicious to see a mod encouraging something widely hated that makes Jagex a fair bit of money. And to bring it up in a tech support thread...

I bet he gets some sort of bonus for promoting the SoF >_<

Like ALG said, paid to troll. Also, ALG, when it's a J Mod supporting the SoF, I DO find it hard to believe believe that an employee is praising his company's product.

Considering how there are people with weak willpower who are easy to influence i wouldn't be surprised if being a troll in Gaming industry is a job. As in promote a product and bash everyone who has negative perceptions of it.

I was okay until I heard that the Dungeoneering zoom bug got worse. Then I was livid when I saw the troll response.

It's like hoping for a quiet relaxing day only to have a streaker run by your log cabin and shit on your doormat.

hzvjpwS.gif