I love you, Wongtong.

l0rd

Back in 09, freshly retired from RuneScape, I used to frequent OT quite a bit. In fact, I used to own and run the unofficial TIF community channel (I've taken down all the vids I made, but the ones others made are still up).

Anywhoo, in August of 09, forestfrolic made a thread where we could share funny chat logs from Omegle (seen here). And on page 16 of that thread, Wongtong let us know about a new site she found which was basically like Omegle, but with video too. It was called head-to-head.org, and there were basically just TIFers on the site at the time, since it was so new. Fun was had, and we were all posting pictures of the fellow TIFers we chatted with. A few days later, the owner of head-to-head.org changed his domain the Chatroulette.com.

As a 10th grader, I hadn't had too much experience with making money on the internet, but I thought the website was gonna be big, and saw this domain switch as a possible way to capitalize on being one of the first people to know of the site. So, I bought some variations of the site (miss-spelled and related).

Fast forward a couple months, and Chatroulette was the new craze. It had its bit on all major news networks, and pretty much anyone who used the internet a lot become fast familiar with the fallice-filled fun that could be had on the site.

The more popular the site got, the more money I made from the traffic to my domains (I parked my domains for adspace, and sold a few to developers who wanted to make forums/niche sites relating to Chatroulette). Soon enough, I was (and continue) making a few hundred dollars a month from people clicking on adspace (like adsense) on my chatroulette domains/sites that I no longer do any maintenance on.

It's just such a random life-changing chain of events that started in the strangest of places, I just thought I'd share (even if a few years late). Also, I'm wondering how Wongtong was one of the first people to hear about head-to-head. :o

Also, I'm not going to share the domain names or further specifics for privacy and security purposes.

Here's Wongtong's post: http://forum.tip.it/topic/243430-omegle/page__st__300?do=findComment&comment=3966583

<3 2009 TIF

• Like 4

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Hi!!!

Nice little story, I remember the day you quit. You gave me several mil worth of gp at Edgeville bank, then pretended to give me some 3rd age armor - meanie! :)

Glad to see you're still well and popping back on Tif now and again.

Mylez

Dude I remember that! head2head had literally 20 users, 16 of which were us. There was that weird purple hat dude that we converted, who later ended up joining TIF for a few weeks and that kid with the really cool glass orb...

Was that seriously 3 years ago? Jesus. Those were the days man...

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Yeah, how did Wongtong find out about that?

It's nice to see your name pop up. And I agree with the others, 3 years have flown by.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Wow is all I can say. I remember watching some of the videos on that TIF channel too. Pretty cool stuff :P

Do be around TIF more, and get your old sig back, haha.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

As others have said, has it really been 3 years since then?

And I miss Wontong. :cry:

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY GOD BECKY WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YOU LOSER I'VE BEEN TELLING PEOPLE YOU WEREN'T DEAD.

• Like 1

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

must post due to the amazingness that is wongtong being here. I think her rank should be changed to Eater of Glass. Now I should put a bunch of curse words in here to get the mods' attention....

So how did you find out about head2head?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

So how did you find out about head2head?

I have no recollection of discovering it.. :-|

I think it may have been through stumbleupon -- I remember being one of the only few who had liked it on there

Not entirely sure how it exploded in popularity though.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Oh, so it's not like you knew the creators. Suddenly less cool, Wongtong...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Oh, so it's not like you knew the creators. Suddenly less cool, Wongtong...

I do know that ElkNight met the creator when he was actually using Chatroulette, and helped him improve it.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!